About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-05, 16:41
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Belts.

Does anybody hate belts as much as I do? When ever I wear one I always end up with a wad of bunched up pant somewhere around the perimeter of my belt. This pisses me off because whenever I sit down or lie down I always have a huge lump of pants bothering me, cutting off circulation. Not only that, but this lump of pants created by my belt constantly shifts around my waist so I never actualy know where it is! When I least suspect it, the lump just attacks and gets things caught in it, twists my pants so it looks like I have a right sided buttcrack, or even dissappears for a few minutes, lurking around my waist, making me nervous.

Any suggestions?
 #2 
Old 2002-10-05, 16:44
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Belts.

I praise the belt. Without it, my pants would fall down at the most weird moments. Like when I'm giving a speech or waiting for a bus.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-05, 16:46
Carisa Carisa is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Belts.

LOL
I don't even own a belt
 #4 
Old 2002-10-05, 16:53
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: Belts.

I think my father has a belt...

Why are you even wearing a belt? Down with belts I say. They are merely and offspring of the evil dwelling in our society, bred for this specific reason: the bunching of the pants! Yup. See. There it goes again.

Oh, THAT chicken?
 #5 
Old 2002-10-05, 17:02
Regular
 
a drunken stupor
Default Re: Belts.

Praise the elastic Waisteband!!!
 #6 
Old 2002-10-05, 17:23
InaneStoner InaneStoner is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Belts.

I used to hate belts, when I got it across my ass everytime I did something bad when I was a little little punk.
But I love it cause it keeps me safe, that metal part at the end swung at high speeds is a HELLA good weapon.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-05, 17:30
lilymunster lilymunster is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Belts.

I think you may be wearing clothes that are too baggy for you and thats why your belt bunches your pants up. Since buying new clothes is a ridiculous option, Id recommend you wear your belt around your hips instead of your natural waist. Besides, thats what all the cool kids do anyways..
 #8 
Old 2002-10-05, 17:32
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Belts.

I suggest you buy pants that fit better.

Belts are not made to take up six inches of slack, you know.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-05, 18:32
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: Belts.

I am a rather tall person, and most stores refuse to yeild to my needs. The only way that I can get pants which fit lengthwise are the really wide ones. Just because America is getting fatter doesn't mean that I must grow with the just to fit into the clothes they wear! And not to mention I am not tall enough to shop at a special clothing store. Sigh. I need to go thrifting.
 #10 
Old 2002-10-05, 18:54
TribalMunkey TribalMunkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Belts.

I've always wondered who these clothes fit that they make. I have yet to find anything that fits myself very well at all. As for the belt thing, it is really the only reason most of my pants even stay on and why I always have this nice painful red mark around my waist. My suggestion is to invest in some clothes with the good ol' elastic band if you don't mind the lack of style they offer. Then there is always the poncho or maybe a nice mu mu.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-05, 19:16
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: Belts.

I am not going to wear a poncho with no pants.
 #12 
Old 2002-10-05, 19:26
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Belts.

You didn't say you wouldn't wear the mumu though.

 #13 
Old 2002-10-05, 20:40
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Belts.

Hail Beltyness, for holding up ones pants by eliminating the tinyest bit of slack that should cause them to fall at an inoportune time
 #14 
Old 2002-10-05, 23:55
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Belts.

I couldn't live without a belt. I need one to keep my sword, knife, pens, flashlight, keys, multi tool, and handheld on.

~Zero
 #15 
Old 2002-10-05, 23:59
bribble13 bribble13 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Belts.

Wear shorts
 #16 
Old 2002-10-06, 00:17
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Belts.

Suspenders, perhaps? How about a shoulder holster/suspender combo? Yeah. Tactical Pant-Retaining System.
 #17 
Old 2002-10-06, 01:58
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: Belts.

quote:
Originally posted by Zero the Inestimable:
I couldn't live without a belt. I need one to keep my sword, knife, pens, flashlight, keys, multi tool, and handheld on.

~Zero



Put your sword in its sheath silly. Unless its a scimitar.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics