About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-10-03, 07:25
LiQkUiD LsD LiQkUiD LsD is offline
Regular
 
Default Anybody ever have a bad Mushroom trip cuz U took too much ?

any of u people ever had a bad mushroom trip cuz u took too much or was potent mushrooms that a lil bit can fuck u up?
 #2 
Old 2002-10-03, 07:43
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Anybody ever have a bad Mushroom trip cuz U took too much ?

no, but I like mushroom sauce (shouldnt this be in the drugs forum, whatever its called)
 #3 
Old 2002-10-03, 08:58
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anybody ever have a bad Mushroom trip cuz U took too much ?

mushrooms are poisonous, though mildly so, the trippy effects are a result of your body rejecting the poison. if you took too many then, yeah, that should be the result.
 #4 
Old 2002-10-03, 09:15
wakes wakes is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anybody ever have a bad Mushroom trip cuz U took too much ?

Taking too many, for me, seems to kill the visuals and just make me feel a bit sick but wide awake. I stick to lower dosages building up over an hour or so as that does the trick (trip) for me.
 #5 
Old 2002-10-03, 13:23
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anybody ever have a bad Mushroom trip cuz U took too much ?

Mushrooms hmm never tried them.

Peace Renegade,
 #6 
Old 2002-10-03, 14:32
beatmeofficer beatmeofficer is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anybody ever have a bad Mushroom trip cuz U took too much ?

I know a guy who started eating shrooms at around 2 in the morning and continued till around 7 in the morning, all told having consumed somewhere between a quarter and half ounce. Then he went to his school cafeteria and as he was eating cinnamin buns looked out the window and saw all these white crown victorias parked on the street across from him and in the parking lot and he freaked out and ran out of the cafeteria, knocked on the window of his best friend's room and pleaded with the friend to drive him to the next state because he thought the cops were after him. That guy has never been the same since.
 #7 
Old 2002-10-03, 18:52
dopeman420 dopeman420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anybody ever have a bad Mushroom trip cuz U took too much ?

quote:
mushrooms are poisonous, though mildly so, the trippy effects are a result of your body rejecting the poison. if you took too many then, yeah, that should be the result.


ignorance makes my head hurt...
shrooms make you trip because they contain psilocybin, which is converted to psilocin very quickly in your body by chopping off the organic phosphate group. how exactly it works is unknown, but this is NOT cause to assume that psilocin or psilocybin is poisonous. that's like assuming that N2O works by cutting off the oxygen to your brain. if that were so, then the dentist might as well just anaesthetize you with rubber cement.
 #8 
Old 2002-10-03, 19:31
Regular
 
ATL, ho!
Default Re: Anybody ever have a bad Mushroom trip cuz U took too much ?

....and logic prevails. it'll be in BLTC in no time.
 #9 
Old 2002-10-03, 20:00
6C 6C is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anybody ever have a bad Mushroom trip cuz U took too much ?

quote:
Originally posted by Canyonero:
mushrooms are poisonous, though mildly so, the trippy effects are a result of your body rejecting the poison. if you took too many then, yeah, that should be the result.


Hahahahaha! Stop beleiving what your DARE teacherr told you. He's talking about shrooms, not anamita muscaria!
 #10 
Old 2002-10-03, 21:39
stephy_17 stephy_17 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anybody ever have a bad Mushroom trip cuz U took too much ?

I ate a quarter of shrooms once and I had a kinda 'bad trip'. I think that the only reason it wasn't a good trip was because none of my friends were shrooming with me, they were all just drinking so I felt like nobody understood me. At first it seemed like I was speaking a totally different language that no one else knew (after eating a quarter of mushrooms that is not entirely impossible) and when people would talk to me it sounded like they were talking in gibberish. Then I started hallucinating and went off into my own little introspective world for a while. For some reason I was imagining that I was completely retarded and that everyone was just pretending that I was a normal person. After a couple hours I was still shrooming pretty hard and I was trying to drive everyone to my house, but I couldn't see the road so I had to stop and get out like every 10 feet to make sure I was still on it. It only took me about 20 minutes to realize that the reason I couldn't see the road was because I didn't have my headlights on. So after I figured that out I was driving down the road and the next thing I knew the white lines were floating in the air next to my window and the passenger side window, that was pretty scary. Then it started snowing and I thought that I had shrunk to about the size of a mouse and that somebody was putting salt on me because they were getting ready to eat me. I didn't really freak out, but I started driving faster to get away from them but it kept snowing so I decided that there was no way I was going to out run whoever it was that was trying to eat me. I don't really know how we made it to my house but some how we did and I spent the rest of the night curled up under the pool table while my friends got wasted and played pool. I'm not sure if they knew I was under there or not but I eventually made myself fall asleep. When I woke up the whole night seemed like a bad dream but it was all real.

So yes you can have a bad trip from eating too many mushrooms, but it all depends on the enviroment that you are in and what kind of mood that you, and the people around you are in. I'm not an expert or anything, but that is my opinion based on my experiences.
 #11 
Old 2002-10-04, 05:50
likuidsmoke likuidsmoke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anybody ever have a bad Mushroom trip cuz U took too much ?

I got incredibly drunk one night and resulted in one guy hooking another guys ear with a prosthetic hook, somehow i started the issue but i have not memory thereof. The next day (a Saturday) i woke up in my room and got a call from the sherriff with the story.

The reast of that day was kind of dull, but dehydrated i was.

Sunday night, monday mornign i tripped out on shrooms. to do the trip, me and two frineds had to drive 70 miles to the eastern middle of the state if live in. When we got there the shrooms were pureed into the orange juice cocktail thay had ready, and they passed aroudn the dried shrooms for show. Misinterpreting what was said i ate the dried shrooms and so the night began. the events went as follows: We went to a small town tha tonly had one gas station (i have no memory) we left (i have no memmory) driving back we see a sheriff vehicle (i do remeber that) went to a pizza hut (where i had a flash of a bad trip but just had to remind myself that i was tripping out and constant movement would be a good thing) drove home (remember very little) got home and watched the movie 'Seven' (i had already seen it enough times to understand what was happening but it was still odd)

My final thoughts on that expierence is that the trip was beyond good and bad, adn after bing drunk i am truly missing about 24 hours of stuff happenign to me (not that i mind given the stories i was told)
 #12 
Old 2002-10-04, 09:48
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anybody ever have a bad Mushroom trip cuz U took too much ?

quote:
Originally posted by dopeman420:
shrooms make you trip because they contain psilocybin, which is converted to psilocin very quickly in your body by chopping off the organic phosphate group. how exactly it works is unknown, but this is NOT cause to assume that psilocin or psilocybin is poisonous.

quote:
Originally posted by 6C:
Hahahahaha! Stop beleiving what your DARE teacherr told you. He's talking about shrooms, not anamita muscaria!


click here http://www.evergreen.edu/mushrooms/phm/s21.htm

You got me. I was mostly wrong. Never had a "DARE" class. There is poison, but my mistake was to think that it was the poison that got you off, and not the psilocybin. Never gave it much thought. Regardless, shrooms do contain 'toxins' that will make you ill if you overingest.

This is what I get for getting my shroom education from friends while shrooming for the first time 12 years ago or so. Thanks for the info and forced research, it's 6:30 am and now i'm running late, but it was worth the knowledge. If i had known this 12 years ago i would have shroomed alot more often.
 #13 
Old 2002-10-04, 19:43
stephy_17 stephy_17 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anybody ever have a bad Mushroom trip cuz U took too much ?

quote:
Originally posted by likuidsmoke:
I got incredibly drunk one night and resulted in one guy hooking another guys ear with a prosthetic hook, somehow i started the issue but i have not memory thereof. The next day (a Saturday) i woke up in my room and got a call from the sherriff with the story.

The reast of that day was kind of dull, but dehydrated i was.

Sunday night, monday mornign i tripped out on shrooms. to do the trip, me and two frineds had to drive 70 miles to the eastern middle of the state if live in. When we got there the shrooms were pureed into the orange juice cocktail thay had ready, and they passed aroudn the dried shrooms for show. Misinterpreting what was said i ate the dried shrooms and so the night began. the events went as follows: We went to a small town tha tonly had one gas station (i have no memory) we left (i have no memmory) driving back we see a sheriff vehicle (i do remeber that) went to a pizza hut (where i had a flash of a bad trip but just had to remind myself that i was tripping out and constant movement would be a good thing) drove home (remember very little) got home and watched the movie 'Seven' (i had already seen it enough times to understand what was happening but it was still odd)

My final thoughts on that expierence is that the trip was beyond good and bad, adn after bing drunk i am truly missing about 24 hours of stuff happenign to me (not that i mind given the stories i was told)




All I want to know is if you were fucked up when you wrote this, or did you fail english in high school?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics