About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-29, 19:06
NAAGAL NAAGAL is offline
Regular
 
Default Who created the name Kewl?

I always thought it was Rat_bastard, for I first saw and learned what it was on his old website. Am I mistaken? Who is the true creator of the name Kewl?
 #2 
Old 2002-09-29, 19:32
TOWCHBob TOWCHBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Who created the name Kewl?

From what I understand the kewls did. It was mocking the way the kewls spelled cool. I could be wrong.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-29, 19:40
NAAGAL NAAGAL is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Who created the name Kewl?

o ok anyone else?
 #4 
Old 2002-09-29, 21:42
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Who created the name Kewl?

Not a clue. The term has been in common use for at least four years now. It may have been longer, but that's as far as I remeber.

~Zreo
 #5 
Old 2002-09-29, 22:48
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Who created the name Kewl?

I once believed that Warweed12 was the originator of the term. I have subsequently been informed that that information is in error.

I am clueless as to the origin of the word.

Nox
 #6 
Old 2002-09-29, 22:50
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Who created the name Kewl?

ask where Rat Bastard first heard it from...
 #7 
Old 2002-09-29, 22:52
Moderator
 
directly over the center of th
Default Re: Who created the name Kewl?

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
I once believed that Warweed12 was the originator of the term. I have subsequently been informed that that information is in error.

I am clueless as to the origin of the word.

Nox




yes i do beleave that it is an error but i do not know because of the fact that i did not monitor totse before i first posted here so i do not know but i do know when i first posted here i had people calling me a kewl so i know i did not create the name but i did use it frequently

 #8 
Old 2002-09-30, 00:54
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Who created the name Kewl?

"Bob" invnted it. And if you doubt me, anal rape gorillas will some destroy your very humanity.
 #9 
Old 2002-09-30, 01:08
rgm576 rgm576 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Who created the name Kewl?

back at bomb shock paladinpress called people kewls back in 98'
 #10 
Old 2002-09-30, 01:28
TOWCHBob TOWCHBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Who created the name Kewl?

The person who first used as a noun was probably someone from The Forum
 #11 
Old 2002-09-30, 13:48
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Who created the name Kewl?

Name one real life "leet" who'd even associate with hackers.

I can name 40 who trapped a mansonite in the toilets and threw beer glasses at her every time she tried to leave, because Manson's kindergoth.

I can name 10 who abide by the old-school punkers strict fashion sense, and label any punk that doesn't as pop-punk princesses.

But when the fuck did hackers become elite, and why the fuck would they want to be elite if they don't have a bunch of adoring minions to back them up? All they have is a room in their parents house and a shitload of Picard vs Kirk txt files.
 #12 
Old 2002-09-30, 15:14
Moderator
 
Default Re: Who created the name Kewl?

quote:
Originally posted by Z3m:
And if you doubt me, anal rape gorillas will some destroy your very humanity.



grrrr, don�t say anything against my pets ...
 #13 
Old 2002-10-01, 02:15
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Who created the name Kewl?

Your pets? Bionic gorillas are no-man's posession! They exist in status until they day... That day on July 5... The day the Pinks will pay.
 #14 
Old 2002-10-01, 11:10
Moderator
 
Default Re: Who created the name Kewl?

just realized that tr0g could be the one I�ve lost when I was 12 ...
 #15 
Old 2002-10-01, 13:42
Mortose Mortose is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Who created the name Kewl?

I just first heard it about 3 weeks ago in someones post and from what i think its thee single most retarted word i have ever heard and im placin my bet it wasa coined by some fucking moron that was on a acid tripp or sumin it retarted and i still dont get what it means i seen someone sayin it was a backyard mix then this idiot moronn VI in a post early a day or two ago said Could Mortose be a "kewl" god thats retarted ill tell you whats "kewl" placing sommeones genitals in a vice grip and tighting it just to lay back and hearr the pitufll screams now thats "kewl" freaks
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics