About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-29, 14:02
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Windows 2000's boot.ini?

Okay, I was reading something on changing the win2k boot logo, and its all pretty simple, except for one part! I cannot find the win2k boot.ini file. I know with my ME it was right in c:\, but Ive tried fidning files, or files containing the text boot.ini. There was one thign in the registry but thats it.

I need it, because I must set it up in the boot.ini file, that it runs a new file I made not the default windows one.

Any ideas?
 #2 
Old 2002-09-29, 14:25
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Windows 2000's boot.ini?

Run msconfig and go to the boot.ini tab.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-29, 16:23
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Windows 2000's boot.ini?

Doesnt have msconfig.....
 #4 
Old 2002-09-29, 16:33
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Windows 2000's boot.ini?

Ask in the computers form technophilliacs.

They can help you out there.

Peace Renegade,
 #5 
Old 2002-09-29, 22:08
TheParkinator TheParkinator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Windows 2000's boot.ini?

quote:
Originally posted by SomeEverydayNobody:
Okay, I was reading something on changing the win2k boot logo, and its all pretty simple, except for one part! I cannot find the win2k boot.ini file. I know with my ME it was right in c:\, but Ive tried fidning files, or files containing the text boot.ini. There was one thign in the registry but thats it.

I need it, because I must set it up in the boot.ini file, that it runs a new file I made not the default windows one.

Any ideas?




TRY THIS:
start/search/win2k boot
answered?
 #6 
Old 2002-09-30, 00:08
Regular
 
Antipodes
Default Re: Windows 2000's boot.ini?

quote:
Originally posted by TheParkinator:

TRY THIS:
start/search/win2k boot
answered?



not exactly, you might need a util to create one for you, if its like in XP, its a hidden phile in the root directory and its not always there originally
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics