About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 2 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2002-09-22, 00:14
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default How many languages do you speak?

well if you understand this you speak engish....But je parle francais aussi....et toi? (and you?) oh yeah I wanna learn russian so bad...I have been trying to learn for awhile now...
 #2 
Old 2002-09-22, 00:34
bribble13 bribble13 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

Je parle en francais et je parle en anglais, so that makes two. i used to be able to speak a little bit of maori(native lanuage in nz) so that makes three, and i can understand a little bit of dutch so i guess three and a half?
 #3 
Old 2002-09-22, 00:39
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

je ne sais pas...
 #4 
Old 2002-09-22, 00:50
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

English (obviously) and about two years of high school russian. I must've been awright at it, I always set the test curves...

Xorosho
 #5 
Old 2002-09-22, 01:06
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

English and Latin. I can't really speak latin, though, who can?
 #6 
Old 2002-09-22, 01:54
Atheist Mantis Atheist Mantis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

Russian and English. Both 100%...
 #7 
Old 2002-09-22, 03:14
MR.SMITH MR.SMITH is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

Je parle le francais, et l'anglais.
 #8 
Old 2002-09-22, 03:29
nihon_dude nihon_dude is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

i speak japanese and English!
 #9 
Old 2002-09-22, 03:31
Ysilk Ysilk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

I speak English, although not as good as I would wish to... Le Francais, par contre, est ma langue paternelle et je le parles donc sans l'ombre d'une tache. Tambem falo Portugues, visto que a minha mae e Portuguesa e que vivi 9 anos em Lisboa... Hablo Espanol, pero me falta muchissimo la practica.

Hua wo shuo I tian tian Putonghua.

(French, English, Portuguese, Spanish, and now, I'm in China, learning Chinese, I know about 500 Chineese words, and I've been here for 2 months)
 #10 
Old 2002-09-22, 03:52
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

English, and I can get by in spanish.
 #11 
Old 2002-09-22, 04:54
hype_jv hype_jv is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

english and macedonian
 #12 
Old 2002-09-22, 10:17
Pikey_jay Pikey_jay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

English, French and German (badly).
 #13 
Old 2002-09-22, 11:18
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

Ingles y Espa�ol. Solamente dos.
 #14 
Old 2002-09-22, 11:23
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

English, Spanish, German and French fluently. Dutch miserably.
 #15 
Old 2002-09-22, 11:27
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

Dutch, French, English, Serbo-Croat, XeNgLisH, HTML, Pacal, Delphi, VB and some Java.
 #16 
Old 2002-09-22, 13:09
phender phender is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

I speak English but I know some conjugations and phrases in Latin, Spanish, Japanese and RUssian. nihon, how did you learn Japanese? I have been trying to learn for a bit and I know some katakana and shit. RIght now I am learning GErman in school and trying to learn RUssian on my own. Agent Boris_KGB, if you want to learn russian here is a good site I found about russian grammar
 #17 
Old 2002-09-22, 13:43
MagKnightX MagKnightX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

Hablo ingles y un poco de espa�ol.

I also used to speak a little bit of German, but I forgot it.
 #18 
Old 2002-09-22, 13:46
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

quote:
Originally posted by XeNobiTe:
Dutch, French, English, Serbo-Croat, XeNgLisH, HTML, Pacal, Delphi, VB and some Java.


Since you can't speak BASIC or Assembly, you must be feeling pretty down.

Nox
 #19 
Old 2002-09-22, 13:49
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

 #20 
Old 2002-09-22, 14:35
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

quote:
Originally posted by MagKnightX:
�


�How did you come up with your "�" ?

one day by accident I figured out if you hit alt and a few numbers you could get all sorts of different things such as � � � � � and so on, is there an easier way?
 #21 
Old 2002-09-22, 14:41
kingenrage kingenrage is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

gues i beat you all:
french English Russian Ukrainian Armenian.
want a reason? my parents come from differnt countrys wich belonged to the russian speaking USSR
 #22 
Old 2002-09-22, 21:32
Phonix Shock Phonix Shock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

Humm i did 10 years of French and 4 years of German when at schools, i know some Chinese since my brother is half chinese so he is always teaching me Chinese for some reason.
And i also know a bit of Japanese, he he.

I really want to know some Italian though, don't know why.

 #23 
Old 2002-09-22, 23:01
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

I'm interested in learning more, too. Anyone want to help?
 #24 
Old 2002-09-22, 23:13
CDG CDG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

english, chinese, spanish.
 #25 
Old 2002-09-22, 23:50
unstable247 unstable247 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

i speak english, polish, greek, and spanish.
 #26 
Old 2002-10-21, 08:22
ytrewq ytrewq is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: How many languages do you speak?

I took two years of spanish in high school, but I cannot remember any of it now.

I'm currently learning esperanto! Yeah!
My next language to play with is going to be klingon. Hab SoSlI' Quch!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics