|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-09-20, 02:43
|
The_Ghost54 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Army
what do u think of joinging the US Army a waste of time or a good decision? I know many people who came out after years and now have nothing but it seems like a good idea.
|
|
#2
 2002-09-20, 03:16
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
Try to get a job that would benefit you in the civilian world like Diesel Mechanic or something like that.
|
|
#3
 2002-09-20, 05:17
|
Ain 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
I think its a good idea for anyone. But just make sure you do some good research on the jobs that you can have. And ask your-self what you really want. You have to do it for 4 years at least. But that really is not that long.
Would you be happy with just a support role? Or do you want to jump out of airplanes and rappel out of choppers?
[This message has been edited by Ain (edited 09-20-2002).]
|
|
#4
 2002-09-20, 06:18
|
SATURNROCKETX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
If your White, joining today's Army is somewheres between joining the NAACP and attending a Mexican public school in San Deigo.
|
|
#5
 2002-09-20, 06:54
|
Ain 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
^Fucking idiots^ Everone of them would fight and die for you too. Soldiers dont fight and die for God or Country. They fight and die for each other.
[This message has been edited by Ain (edited 09-20-2002).]
|
|
#6
 2002-09-20, 08:16
|
|
|
Re: Army
The U.S. Army? Hell no. Your out getting shot at in some foreign country over oil at a moment's notice. I dunno about you, but I'm not keen on becoming a hot lead receptacle in some foreign country over some bullshit that a ploy is being used in the media for to cover the true intentions of, like what happened in Vietnam for instance. Whoever tells you that shit was over communism doesn't know wtf they are talking about.
Never joining the U.S. Army. Especially with Bush in Presidential office, that's just fuckin' crazy talk right there.
|
|
#7
 2002-09-20, 09:04
|
Agent Boris_KGB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
hell you'd get ass raped by people in the army...marines and the air force and possibly the navy are better than the army...
|
|
#8
 2002-09-20, 09:42
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
Becoming a part of any of the FIVE branch's of the US military is a not only a good idea, but a great idea.
Joe is correct, choose a field that you can use "on the outside" as well.
Nox
|
|
#9
 2002-09-20, 09:56
|
Renegade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
I wouldnt join the army - because at the moment i myself do not know what my country are fighting for. Is it freedom is it power there are so many questions with so many different answers. So no i wouldnt fight i wouldnt at the present. If i was sitting around doing nothing in 1940 i would be fighting i would be there at the frontline. Because the UK had something to fight for. Not just a objective.
Peace Renegade,
|
|
#10
 2002-09-20, 13:04
|
rlpinca 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
I recommend the military for most people. It gives you a chance to grow up and see a different side of things. You'll meet some of the best people that have ever walked this earth and you'll meet some of the worst. You'll be alot better off than most people that never have to grow up. Plus the GI Bill is pretty sweet. Going to college right after school is more of less a waste of time, and most people just blow off the classes anyways. You need a break from school after high school, plus you'll get to do some serious partying.
I'd personally recomend the Marines. The Army has a bad reputation for screwing people over worse than the other branches. The recruiters won't tell you the truth(regardless of the branch), they're salesmen with quotas.
|
|
#11
 2002-09-20, 14:26
|
Global Dominator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
Marines? I don't think so, been there, done that. But if you do join, make sure you get the Marine Corps Air Wing, thats where I was, far more laid back than the Fleet Marine Force (what we called the Regular Marine Corps).
No matter what, do not go into something like artillery, how many jobs shooting a big freakin' gun in the civilian sector? Go where the future is, air travel. Get into Avionics, Airframe Maintenance, Powerplants (Jet engines), or something along those lines. When you get out you will make 10 to 20 times what you made while in service.
Then there is computer repair and all the other things that are great training for a decent job after you get out. If you go into aircraft, the Air Force would be the best, they get the first cut of the military budget, so they always have the latest, cutting edge equipment.
After that, its anybody's guess.
|
|
#12
 2002-09-20, 15:48
|
www escapetwice com 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
quote: Originally posted by The_Ghost54: what do u think of joinging the US Army a waste of time or a good decision? I know many people who came out after years and now have nothing but it seems like a good idea.
Why don't you join the Air Force instead? They have it really fucking easy compared to the other forces, they have more funding per member for housing and subsistance (AKA better quality of life) and lets face it, you don't have to ever worry about doing anything dangerous lol Plus if you hate running, guess what... you have a PRT in the Army, Navy, and Marines that requires running... in the air force they ride on stationary bikes or some pussyish shit like that. Not being forced to work out for insane amounts of time every day means more time to have a real life. Ok, lets say for some reason you want to be forced to run and don't want the nicest housing available... the Air Force does provide some good technical jobs that you can use in the real world. Jobs that pay very well. Whatever branch you choose if you decide to go in, just keep in mind that everyone always acts like they know everything, but generally nobody knows shit. Keep this in mind when selecting a rating/MOS/whatever. Don't listen to the recruiter who tells you that selecting a certain job will mean you will be highly paid once you get out. I fell for that. I picked a job that I was told by SEVERAL people had a highly paid civilian counterpart, and it was all just bullshit and assumptions. My job really didn't have a civilian equivalent at all, so I have this difficult trade I learned that i am really good at that is now doing absolutely nothing for me. You have a computer, research that YOURSELF. Another thing about the military... chances are, unless you are a big dumb asshole, every boss you have will be dumber and a bigger asshole than you are. Some people can deal with that. I didn't mind it. But it drives some people absolutely insane. For all it's downsides though, no matter how much it does suck, and even if you leave the military with no training you can use in the real world, it still has great benefits. It makes you develop as a person because it forces you to deal with adversity and makes you develop a good work ethic. I hated the military from the day I left for boot camp until the day I got my Honorable Discharge, but I know I am a MUCH better person for having done it. I say go for it, you can't mess up no matter the path you take, but think of your future and do your best to pick a job that will serve you well as a civilian.
|
|
#13
 2002-09-20, 15:51
|
|
|
Re: Army
quote: Originally posted by Renegade: I wouldnt join the army - because at the moment i myself do not know what my country are fighting for. Is it freedom is it power there are so many questions with so many different answers. So no i wouldnt fight i wouldnt at the present. If i was sitting around doing nothing in 1940 i would be fighting i would be there at the frontline. Because the UK had something to fight for. Not just a objective.
Peace Renegade,
Ich k�mpfte mit den Deutschen 1940 auch! oh, oops... Join the army they said! see the world they said! I'd rather be sailing... Seriously though, the US army isnt somewhere you wanna be unless you wanna be one of dems patriot types, but if you see any action your gonna be doing some crap work over nothing risking your ass. Join like the air force, you get to fly stuff!
|
|
#14
 2002-09-20, 20:07
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
quote: Originally posted by Dark_Magneto:
Never joining the U.S. Army. [b]Especially with Bush in Presidential office, that's just fuckin' crazy talk right there.[/B]
Bush is better then Clinton and most other liberal pussies.
|
|
#15
 2002-09-20, 20:33
|
Cokeboy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
"Liberal pussies" tend to get less servicemen killed.
|
|
#16
 2002-09-20, 20:33
|
dopeman420 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
clinton owns bush. uh, both of them. If it were possible, i'd put him back in charge. Not before Ralph Nader tho.
I don't think of myself as a liberal pussy, i guess in the same way that you don't think of yourselves as conservative rape-everything-we-come-in-contact-with, don't-bother-thinking-just-do-what-you're-told, ain't-nothin-wrong-with-a-little-genocide pussies.
fuck off.
flame me.
|
|
#17
 2002-09-20, 22:33
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
quote: Originally posted by Cokeboy: "Liberal pussies" tend to get less servicemen killed.
Yes. And had Billy Bubba kept his zipper up and did what he should have done against UBL, things might be different today. Nox
|
|
#18
 2002-09-20, 22:37
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
quote: Originally posted by Cokeboy: "Liberal pussies" tend to get less servicemen killed.
Try Somalia. And Clinton also promised to talk to each and every family member killed in task force ranger, which he has yet to do. Know how much needed training our military was cut off from, courtesy of your hero? How many bullshit peacekeeping missions has Clinton gotten us into again? i guess in the same way that you don't think of yourselves as conservative rape-everything-we-come-in-contact-with, Of course, sticking a cuban up Monica's snatch, getting head from her, and having affair after affair is nothing. silly me don't-bother-thinking-just-do-what-you're-told, I have more initiative and free thinking on my own, courtesy of the USMC, then you probably do. Try again. ain't-nothin-wrong-with-a-little-genocide pussies. examples of U.S. genocide please.
|
|
#19
 2002-09-21, 00:27
|
SATURNROCKETX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
When not become a male prostitute while your at it. You'll be making DOUBLE what you make now. You'll get to meet some of the nicest and some of the most violent and disease ridden johns around.
The best part of being in the military is when you get your testicles blown out through your ass by a landmine, or if your a fancy fly boy, shoulder mounted surface to air missiles!
A few years ago I was in 'bootcamp' at Fort Jackson, supposedly one of the better Army camps. I was so enriched by the experience that I planned on wasting people at the first rifle practice (although, I don't think the rounds they use for practice are very powerful, never found out). Yeah, what the hell, eh? But I say try male prostitution first, less painful.
There are people who would rather DIE then have to do BOOTCAMP, and I'm one of them, and you want to know if it will be fun and satisfying to join the AMERICAN ARMY -AFTER- THE PRESIDENT DECLARES -UNLIMITED GLOBAL WARfARE- AGAINST THE ENTIRE WORLD! Guess I just don't "got what it takes", maybe I haven't watched Rambo enough times, but I've given my warning! If you don't have any ability to make decisions for yourself, and if you have no sense of whats good or bad for you, and if your like every other generic tomdickandharry in America the Ugly, then I suppose the military is better than smoking crack. You might want to try crack first though.
Really, you HAVE to be some kind of drone to enjoy the military.
|
|
#20
 2002-09-21, 00:38
|
RedBananaMonkey 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
i talked a girl out of joining the army just today, it was great...
Don't be a puppet toy of the man, a cog in a senseless killing machine. Don't believe the patriotic hype, save your soul and your sanity, and put your free-thinking life to better use..
|
|
#21
 2002-09-21, 01:43
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Facedown in the shag rug.
|
|
Re: Army
Fuck the army. Join the coast guard. No other branch gets to wear shorts to work.
|
|
#22
 2002-09-21, 03:35
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
>>>A few years ago I was in 'bootcamp' at Fort Jackson, supposedly one of the better Army camps. I was so enriched by the experience that I planned on wasting people at the first rifle practice (although, I don't think the rounds they use for practice are very powerful, never found out). Yeah, what the hell, eh? But I say try male prostitution first, less painful.<<<
Then why the fuck did you join the Army in the first place? Jesus Christ, If you thought you going to live like a king you are a dumbshit
>>>Guess I just don't "got what it takes", maybe I haven't watched Rambo enough times, but I've given my warning!<<<
If you are a loser, as you have hinted at, then no one should listen to you.
>>>If you don't have any ability to make decisions for yourself, and if you have no sense of whats good or bad for you, and if your like every other generic tomdickandharry in America the Ugly,<<<
See the above about how I've been encouraged more then I was in HS to think freely, and learned what was good and bad for me.
>>>and if your like every other generic tomdickandharry in America the Ugly,<<<
Not every Tomdickandharry is in the military, most simply decide that they want to further their education, most are disqualified due to disease, most have gotten into trouble with the law so much that they are barred, and the rest, well, they either tried, or they know, that they can't hack it.
>>>then I suppose the military is better than smoking crack. You might want to try crack first though.<<<
And when your brain is too fried to know which hand is left or right, can't spell the word "it" and are on welfare freeloading off of people who work for a living and chose not to be a dumbass, Yeah, I think I'll try crack first.
>>>Don't believe the patriotic hype, save your soul and your sanity, and put your free-thinking life to better use..<<<
And neither do anything with your life, end up on welfare, and be a general waste of air that could go into someone's spare tire. good on you.
[This message has been edited by Joe Boo (edited 09-21-2002).]
|
|
#23
 2002-09-21, 08:18
|
|
|
Re: Army
quote: Originally posted by Nox: Yes. And had Billy Bubba kept his zipper up and did what he should have done against UBL, things might be different today.
Nox
Yeah, like we wouldn't have the puppet government in Afghanistan letting us get the Trans-Afghanistan pipeline that the Taliban was originally going to reward to some company in Argentina.
|
|
#24
 2002-09-21, 11:25
|
SATURNROCKETX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
quote: Originally posted by Joe Boo: >>>A few years ago I was in 'bootcamp' at Fort Jackson, supposedly one of the better Army camps. I was so enriched by the experience that I planned on wasting people at the first rifle practice (although, I don't think the rounds they use for practice are very powerful, never found out). Yeah, what the hell, eh? But I say try male prostitution first, less painful.<<<
Then why the fuck did you join the Army in the first place? Jesus Christ, If you thought you going to live like a king you are a dumbshit
>>>Guess I just don't "got what it takes", maybe I haven't watched Rambo enough times, but I've given my warning!<<<
If you are a loser, as you have hinted at, then no one should listen to you.
>>>If you don't have any ability to make decisions for yourself, and if you have no sense of whats good or bad for you, and if your like every other generic tomdickandharry in America the Ugly,<<<
See the above about how I've been encouraged more then I was in HS to think freely, and learned what was good and bad for me.
>>>and if your like every other generic tomdickandharry in America the Ugly,<<<
Not every Tomdickandharry is in the military, most simply decide that they want to further their education, most are disqualified due to disease, most have gotten into trouble with the law so much that they are barred, and the rest, well, they either tried, or they know, that they can't hack it.
>>>then I suppose the military is better than smoking crack. You might want to try crack first though.<<<
And when your brain is too fried to know which hand is left or right, can't spell the word "it" and are on welfare freeloading off of people who work for a living and chose not to be a dumbass, Yeah, I think I'll try crack first.
>>>Don't believe the patriotic hype, save your soul and your sanity, and put your free-thinking life to better use..<<<
And neither do anything with your life, end up on welfare, and be a general waste of air that could go into someone's spare tire. good on you.
[This message has been edited by Joe Boo (edited 09-21-2002).]
Allow me to clarify. You have to be FUCKTARD to like the military. You have to be a simpleton of the highest order, a Joe Sixpack with go-getter ambitions. You have to have a deep seated need to impress your father, who never said "I love you son", you have to miss public school and the praise you recieved from your gym coach when you were playing for the Hoosiers. Joe Boo have you noticed by now, that in real civilian life, how no respects whatever you did in the military, and that no one gives a fuck about how many times or how hard you've sucked Uncle Sam's dick? What was the last book you've read. Have you EVER defied anyone who could and would punish you for insolence? I doubt you make a habit out of that, and yet you want people to think your a big shot :-) "I want to prison and survived 15 sexual assaults. I didn't report the attacks, that would be weak. But hell, some people just can't hack it like I can." Prison and the military, both have the same moral codes, both respect eachother for the reasons. Congradufuckinglations.
|
|
#25
 2002-09-21, 13:07
|
rlpinca 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Army
As a person that never made it through bootcamp, you really don't know what military life is about.
In any job you get fired for not listening to your boss. You have to learn to listen to people in charge of you at some point in your life. The military allows you to disagree and state you objection to doing something that you don't like. But it's just like at Mcdonalds, if you don't do what your boss says you get in trouble. The military doesn't just fire you though.
Alot of people like me join the military because they want time to figure out what they're going to do with their lives, get money for college, do something different, or to play with big guns. Most of the people in the military are not brainwashed, backwoods, patriotic flag wavers.
As for dying in some foreign country for no real reason at all. You're just about as likely to die in a car accident regardless of your job.
I think we also just found out the reason for your strong opinions on minorities. Could it be that 4 black guys, 7 mexicans, 3 jews,and 1 asian guy raped you in prison? That would explain why you think like you do.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|