About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 1 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
 #1 
Old 2002-10-20, 04:20
A-F Army A-F Army is offline
Regular
 
Default Anarchism

quote:
Originally posted by FuckAuthority:
Im Just Curoius About The People That Are Anarchist. Personally I Think I Am One, But I Could Be Another One Of Those Dumbasses Who Walk Around With Their Anti-Flag Shirt Thinking Their Cool.



First, I walk around with Anti-Flag shirts. I support the band they are my favorite band, and can you please explain to me how that makes me think im cool? Its a shirt for a band. No different from a Misfits shirt or a Dead Kennedys shirt.

Secondly, maybe you should do a little research before posting, as the members of Anti-Flag are not Anarchists.
 #2 
Old 2002-10-20, 08:10
culinaryoverlord culinaryoverlord is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anarchism

hey SOMEVERYDAYNOBODY, Good script, you put the whole thing into perspective. I have always held Anarchism up as an ideal, not just an excuse to bust rich peoples windows. People will use a political theory to justify lots of different actions, it is up to the people engaged in those actions to justify those actions to their fellow humans.
 #3 
Old 2002-10-20, 09:25
Ursus Ursus is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anarchism

I don't want to look totally ignorant here, but, what the hell is the difference between communism and anacharism? They look pretty much the same to me! Well, ok... They ARE known by different names.

While anarchism claims that the workers should be in control of everything through the members elected to a council, so did communism. Honestly, as much as I tried to draw a distinction between the two methods of government, I couldn't.

Are there any brave volunteers out there who would like to take me under their wing and explain anarchiam to me? Sorry! I guess I've just lived long enough to see communism at work... and I can't see any difference between that and anarchism.

Anyone want to enlighten me please? Explain anarchism to me.

[This message has been edited by Ursus (edited 10-20-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics