About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-18, 20:08
braindead braindead is offline
Regular
 
Default marlboro psychiatric hopsital

anyone from jersey? ever heard of it?
its a really old abandon hospital for nuts.
it is like 30 buildings all together and is really fucking creepy.
 #2 
Old 2002-09-18, 22:14
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: marlboro psychiatric hopsital

Yeah, what about it? They closed it down and are deciding what to do with it. It's not that creepy, looks rather nice from the outside.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-19, 16:12
Poindexter Poindexter is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: marlboro psychiatric hopsital

I used to live near one with the same description near Norwalk, Calif. By the by, don�t be a retard. People are creepy, not hospital designs.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-19, 18:36
braindead braindead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: marlboro psychiatric hopsital

i broke into it with a hacksaw and a hammer, its crazy in there. it looks like they just up and left. everything is still in there. furniture, computers, phones, strap-down beds, straight jackets. theres padded rooms. i dont know, i just thought it was fucking weird. theres multiple floors. but if you go through the wrong door ur fucked cause a lot of them lock behind you and its a nut house so its not like u can just get out through a window or something.
 #5 
Old 2002-09-19, 21:03
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: marlboro psychiatric hopsital

I assume you are from Marlboro, or at least in the Monmouth County?

They probably just shut it down and since they don't know what they're going to do with the land they're just leaving everything there for now. Why pay to move everything if you might need it in the future?
 #6 
Old 2002-09-19, 21:33
tomorowyourdead tomorowyourdead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: marlboro psychiatric hopsital

sounds like fun grab me a straight jaket
 #7 
Old 2002-09-19, 21:34
CDG CDG is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: marlboro psychiatric hopsital

I wonder what will happen if you locked some poor bastard in there. No way to contact the outside world, totally sealed up. Just the thought of a accidental door close makes the place creepy.
 #8 
Old 2002-09-19, 21:47
subject42 subject42 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: marlboro psychiatric hopsital

That's pretty awesome. You could even get around the legality issue by knocking off all of the hinges and telling the police that you were in there to protect THE CHILDREN. You know that it's all okay as long as you're doing it for the children.
 #9 
Old 2002-09-20, 00:55
Gizmo3747 Gizmo3747 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: marlboro psychiatric hopsital

2 things:
braindead where in nj are u from
and ive been inside the marlboro insane asylum

[This message has been edited by Gizmo3747 (edited 09-20-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-09-20, 12:07
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: marlboro psychiatric hopsital

It would be intresting to go and have a look round. Are all the prescription drugs there ? It would be bad if they fell into the wrong hands. Is there any pictures on the net of this place ? I would like to see what it looks like.

Peace Renegade,
 #11 
Old 2002-09-20, 12:37
www escapetwice com www escapetwice com is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: marlboro psychiatric hopsital

I got into a few windows of a shut-down asylum near me years back. Similair story, alot of stuff left behind, but almost all of the doors were locked and only a few windows were open so I couldn't get anything THAT cool.

I did grab a big stack of patient records with all these electroconvulsive therapy and music therapy logs... a shitload of keys from a big red box, but none fit any of the doors I had access to... I was young and for some reason I thought expired hepatitis immunizations were cool so I grabbed those, and a buncha batteries off of defibrillators and other equiptment.

I wish I kept the batteries. I hooked one up to a tiny motor which started on fire, then threw them all out like a week later... then when I was in the Navy I learned that those batteries cost a few hundred bucks a pop.

Live and learn I guess. Anyone who has never let themselves into abandoned buildings hasn't really lived. In high school we would seek these places out and go into them regularly, it is ALOT of fun, and you can get some really cool shit in the process
 #12 
Old 2002-09-20, 18:57
braindead braindead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: marlboro psychiatric hopsital

gizmo, im from ocean county.
my buddies and i also seel out abandon things and explore them all the time.
check out this sight www.weirdnj.com

renengade, no the pills werent there, otherwise i might be even more fucked up in the head than i am now.

marlboro psychiatric hospital
http://www.cruciformed.com/enj/marlborohospital/marlborohospital.html

these are some shitty pictures. ill find better ones and post em later.

edit-spelling


[This message has been edited by braindead (edited 09-20-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics