About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-12, 09:09
Viper2002 Viper2002 is offline
Regular
 
Default The pledge of allegiance

This is one American way of life that I wish would find its way to England, I think its great. It would make me feel a lot better about allowing in immigrants if they had to swear allegiance with the rest of us to the British flag. I want to be able to hang a British flag outside my home as a sign of patriotism not racism or football support. It makes me mad how some British people are campaigning to get �British� taliban members free when these evil people have been fighting a war against us. Its no less than treason, I would be happy to see the American government sentence these fuckers to death, they�re not British and they never have been. The problems with Asians in this country are closely cantered around the fact that after generations of being here I am sure most still feel no allegiance to our flag. No body that does not swear allegiance to the British flag should be allowed permanent residence in this country. Why doesn�t anyone want England to be united as one, instead of segmented into race and religion. Anybody who lives in England has one thing in common which should unite them, our nationality.

v i p e r
 #2 
Old 2002-09-12, 09:40
likuidsmoke likuidsmoke is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

I pledge allegience to the flags and to the people for which they stand, many nations, united, undivided, under guard, indivisible, with liberty justice and freedom delivered equally and thouroghly to all.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-12, 10:45
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

Saying a pledge of allegience and hanging your national flag outside your house isn't going to change much.

Your opinions are rambling and wither off into unconnected tangeants. You make no sense to me, and are probably socially challenged. I deride you and your dated values, little man.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-12, 12:19
Viper2002 Viper2002 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

quote:
Originally posted by Trippy_McGee:
opinions are rambling and wither off into unconnected tangeants. You make no sense to me, and are probably socially challenged. I deride you and your dated values, little man.


Aren�t you supposed to leaving sad fuck, I thought your red neck arse was being chucked out of the trailer park.

quote:
Originally posted by Trippy_McGee:
tangeants


If you are going to try and use big words dipshit try and spell them right or you just look even more of a retard than usual. Learn to read you deluded freak.

As for me being socially challenged I am afraid not child, coming from some sad loser who spends his entire time at some vague website this serves only to highlight what a fucking miss fit you actually are. I come to Totse to exchange ideas with people in the real world I would never meet, having to talk to losers like yourself who�s life is sufficiently sad you have nothing better to do is an unfortunate result of this.

You�re a good example of one of things I don�t want to reach my country, your united maybe in stupidity quite likely.

v i p e r
 #5 
Old 2002-09-12, 12:56
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

As a Michigander (sort of an American), I look upon the pledge of allegiance to the flag not as a pledge to support the country but as a pledge to support the government of the country. The flag was never a symbol of the people, it was made up by "G" men, with the idea of getting the people to rally behind it, a pyschological prop if you will.

The pledge turned into a litmus test of 'do it or you're a commie/facist/terrorist', and I can't stomach the thought of making children recite it like good little nazis.

I support the people of Michigan, and I would come to the aid of surrounding states if the need ever arose, but my government lies, kills people with no justification at all, and does other things I consider criminal acts. I can't support that.
 #6 
Old 2002-09-12, 15:21
RedBananaMonkey RedBananaMonkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

The pledge of Allegiance...
BLECK!
I can remember being in school, and be a very atheistic child, and being sooooo uncomfortable being forced to recite this. I didn't think it was fair.

It is silly propaganda, just another piece of Imperialistic trash used to suplicate the masses under the dominant will of a greedy, arrogant governmental regime. Burn those flags, screw the allegiance, and start thinking for yourself. What has this government done for you lately?????


Join the Circle of One and be free!!!!
 #7 
Old 2002-09-12, 15:33
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

Viper, criticising spelling and grammar is the preserve of the infallible. You have yet to make it into that category. Reading the posts of you and Trip informs me that he is a dropout and heavy drug user, and you're a University student, and he's still more articulate than you.

You haven't decided whether you're British or English yet. So much for the unity. No wonder the Asians get confused. I'm sure Asians in general are happier about the Union flag as a symbol than the Scots and Welsh. Or are you talking about the Cross of St George, for the English? Do you even know what you're talking about?

I haven't flamed you for weeks.
 #8 
Old 2002-09-12, 15:42
LutherX LutherX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

quote:
You haven't decided whether you're British or English yet


Forgive my ignorance but... what's the difference?

 #9 
Old 2002-09-12, 15:45
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

Ask a Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish person.
 #10 
Old 2002-09-12, 15:45
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

I'm patriotic, but don't see any point behind the pledge. Why should I pledge loyalty to the government, when the government doesn't give a fuck about me, or any other middle class nobody. Why should elementary kids pledge loyalty to a government when they don't know enough about it to form an educated opinion.

I think it would be funny if some little kid replaced "one nation under god" with "under allah". It means the same thing, but would cause a lot of commotion.
 #11 
Old 2002-09-12, 15:56
adihash adihash is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

only a total idiot would pledge aligence to there country, I did my minute silence for the people of september 11th exactly that the innocent people that died, not the country that has killed millions and millions of innocent people through history and is showing no sign of stopping.

If you pledge your aligence, you may as well pledge it to something worthy like freedom.
 #12 
Old 2002-09-12, 16:05
Cokeboy Cokeboy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

Yes, I'm sure that an inmmigrant would mind reciting a pledge to the government, the kind of pledge that would mean nothing to them, could be learnt by rote without having to learn English, and do absolutely fuck all. I'm British, or English, or of Irish descent, whatever the fuck you wanna call me, and I sure as fuck wouldn't pledge allegiance to any government or flag you care to push under my nose. I'd rather swear myself away to a fucking tablecloth for all the good it'd do me.
To any Americans, what happens exactly if you refuse to plaedge allegiance to your flag?
 #13 
Old 2002-09-12, 16:13
RedBananaMonkey RedBananaMonkey is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

yeah, at my work place everybody was wearing their little 'red, whit, and blue' ribbons yesterday and they tried to get me to wear one...

hell, no...

I'd wear a black one mybe, in respect to the innocent dead, but not for allegiance to this country...

what about the innocents we killed by 'accident' when we bombed Afganistan, were their lives worth less...who is mourning them???

What about the children that are being killed or starved out every day in this country, and others,who is celebrating their existence?

It is all about money and power and bullshit. Patriotism is a tool used to keep the masses ignorant and blind...
 #14 
Old 2002-09-12, 17:01
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

Yesterday I was at college and they were having a moment of silence type of thing in the main lobby. I walked up and got a Dr Pepper out of a machine(loud noise) opened it and walked off. Someone chased me down and proceeded to tell me how disrespectful I was, and how unpatirotic I am.

My reply"better people die every day, where's their moment of silence? I'm a vet who was patriotic before it became trendy, and you're going to question me? Fuck off you little sheep bastard."
 #15 
Old 2002-09-12, 18:09
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

"I think it would be funny if some little kid replaced "one nation under god" with "under allah". It means the same thing, but would cause a lot of commotion."

I'll do it. I seriously will. I'll probably get my ass kicked, but i'll do it anyway.
 #16 
Old 2002-09-12, 18:12
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

OH, and about the pledge on sep. 11 also, I refused to say it because it's downright disrespectful to the people that died to support the government that uses their deaths for it's own purposes.
 #17 
Old 2002-09-12, 18:35
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

quote:
Originally posted by Viper2002:
It would make me feel a lot better about allowing in immigrants if they had to swear allegiance with the rest of us to the British flag.


When I was in high school (graduated in 92) the immigrant kids were not required to salute the flag. Some would stand out of respect, but most just sat looking contemptuous and bored. If any "citizens" refused, we would serve a detention.

 #18 
Old 2002-09-12, 18:50
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

Useless bickering over something that won't matter in a hundred years, maybe fifty. Our decendants will probably be pledging allegiance toGaia, the spirit of the Earth! We won't have to worry whether we're good Americans, Britons, or Australians - but citizens of the Earth.
 #19 
Old 2002-09-13, 00:49
Viper2002 Viper2002 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

quote:
Originally posted by FuckOffandDie:
I haven't flamed you for weeks.


You mean �Attempted� to, retard. Your arguments against me are fruitless as usual. No wonder I suppose when:

quote:
Originally posted by FuckOffandDie:
OK. I need to get a life


Yes you do, still looking for one I see, never mind.

v i p e r
 #20 
Old 2002-09-13, 01:19
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

quote:
Originally posted by Viper2002:
It makes me mad how some British people are campaigning to get �British� taliban members free when these evil people have been fighting a war against us.


What is the rationale that these folks are using to obtain the release. I hope to God it isn't just anti-Americanism.

Nox
 #21 
Old 2002-09-13, 01:26
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

i wont ever pledge to the american flag again unless there are some serious changes.
 #22 
Old 2002-09-13, 02:27
ardene ardene is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

you know what i think instead of a pledge of allegence they should be able to speak the countries language. I live in canada and well i little while back huge shiploads of chinese landed on the coast of vancover and the couldnt even speak our language but we still let them into our country beacuse it was way to expensive to ship them back. the also didnt have the imagrint forms and if they had them they were coverd in shit and piss.
plus there just going back into slavery again exept their welfare checks goto there fucking slave drivers. i think that there should be no law in going after an"proven" orginaized crime and i mean renstating the death squads to hunt em out and bring em down cause there the fucking scum your talking about, there the corrupters.aaaaa now im pissed off


p.s. in british columbia we just found out about some frozen methane gass reserves off the coast that is as big as all of canadas reserves. so the fucken indains want it now because its worth shitlaods. fuck! they already leach off the working people and now they want the only thing that might get canada out of debt! I HATE FUCKING LAZY ASS MOTHER FUCKERS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 #23 
Old 2002-09-13, 03:23
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

Chinese? Hell, at least they're typically hard workers.

Here in America, we get Mexicans. It's not like it's expensive to send them back, as they just came across the border in the back of a van. They work for shit wages. They suck up jobs. Does the government disapprove of this? Fuck no! Here in Georgia, every single government form offers a free translation. They don't want them to learn the language, they want to accomodate the ignorant little shits in every possible way! If I go to a foreign country, I'll learn at least a bit of the language. As it is, I know more Spanish than these guys know English.
 #24 
Old 2002-09-13, 03:41
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

Anyone in Seattle hear this? http://members.shaw.ca/raydawg/pledge.mp3

I heard It while there for July 4th.
 #25 
Old 2002-09-13, 03:49
Viper2002 Viper2002 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
What is the rationale that these folks are using to obtain the release.


I believe the spokesmen�s words were �these people where in the wrong place at the wrong time�, like they ended up in Afghanistan fighting against us infidels by accident.

v i p e r


 #26 
Old 2002-09-13, 04:00
Viper2002 Viper2002 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

A couple of afghans who illegally entered Britain were deported the other week at a cost of �40,000 just for the plane back to Germany, Now they are probably coming back on another private jet at a cost of �40,000 after winning a appeal paid for by the state to leach of me and my fellow hard working Brits.

No asylum seeker has reason to enter Britain as most must first pass through dozens of safe democracies on the way here in Europe. The reason they want to come to Britain is because they know they will be homed and paid wages by the state for doing nothing or else they would have no problem with living in Germany or France etc.

v i p e r
 #27 
Old 2002-09-13, 14:16
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

Or because they don't speak French and German or know anyone in France or Germany. You know, other European countries have welfare systems too. And more immigrants too.

The government actually paid �40000 to send them back? How fucking stupid. They could have subsidised them to live in Britain for years for that.
 #28 
Old 2002-09-14, 20:16
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

quote:
Originally posted by FuckOffandDie:
Or because they don't speak French and German or know anyone in France or Germany. You know, other European countries have welfare systems too. And more immigrants too.

The government actually paid �40000 to send them back? How fucking stupid. They could have subsidised them to live in Britain for years for that.



So do the Mexicans jumping across the border into Texas, not all speak English, nor do they wish to learn, yet they still come here. And it isn't fair to make it legal to mooch off of the U.K. government, and not work, while Citizens have to work their asses off to make ends meet. That's what Viper was talking about
 #29 
Old 2002-09-14, 20:46
Regular
 
Default Re: The pledge of allegiance

Yeah, but I bet people defrauding the benefit system waste more money than all the asylum seekers in the past ten years. You don't see the media getting hysterical about them.

Citizens can leach of welfare too. Many choose to. Nobody seems to care about that.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics