About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-11, 03:20
Regular
 
Default Best places to live?

In the Eastern side of the US, because I am already a citizen and moving to a different country seems to be such a hassle.

Right now I have somewhere in Virginia (not really sure where, I just mean Virginia is nice and so I am looking around there), but anywhere from North Carolina to New Hampshire would be nice. Excluding Pennsylvania and New Jersey, I want to get away from relatives, etc.

Any help would be nice, just mention your towne or city, whatever.

Thanks in advance.
 #2 
Old 2002-09-11, 03:21
Regular
 
Default Re: Best places to live?

Oh yeah, I am not rich, so don't say something where the average house costs $150,000 or anything!
 #3 
Old 2002-09-11, 09:18
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Best places to live?

Go live in West Virginia with junglist. He knows places where you can put cat tranquilizer up your nose.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-11, 10:09
www escapetwice com www escapetwice com is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best places to live?

I have lived in VA and liked it, I was in the Norfolk area... but I like the cold.

Here in CT it is great, I lived all over because I was in the military, but I definitely like here the best.

The city I live in is too pricey, too full of snobs, and has too much traffic... but there are some great places to live near me.

Bridgeport CT is our largest city. It is pretty ghetto, but you can get a cheap house/apt on the Trumbull border, a neighboring town with alot of loot, and wind up living in a great neighborhood with nice people for a reasonable price.

Another decent place is called Derby. It is small and just barely qualifies as a city. It is like a mix between a small town and a ghetto... that is, it is somewhat run down, but people are nice and there are clean parks and stuff, and rent is cheap.

Bethel is a very decent town not run down at all but slightly pricier. All these places are in Western CT. Eastern Ct is boring as fuck don't even consider that.

Other good things... we have VERY low rates for violent crime, and when i want to go to NYC, it is a 40 minute drive at night. Alot of people who work in NYC get homes here and commute because it is a decent place with alot of cool things to do in driving distance.

Traffic is shit though, people drive like garbage too. Whenever you get within an hour of a major city, the drivers are way too aggressive. I would really reccommend this area though to anyone.
 #5 
Old 2002-09-11, 10:51
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Best places to live?

I live in a decent area if you can afford it, but there are some drawbacks.
 #6 
Old 2002-09-11, 14:23
Ulsterman Ulsterman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best places to live?

TEXAS.. move to texas
 #7 
Old 2002-09-11, 16:18
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best places to live?

If you like the smell of pee, move to San Francisco.
 #8 
Old 2002-09-11, 17:02
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best places to live?

I prefer the salem, MA area to pretty much everywhere else i've been. It depends on what you like. My school has gotta have the highest percentage of hot girls compared to pretty much anywhere else, so I like it here. NH sucks, and I hated rhode island. And I won't even go into my rant about maine.
 #9 
Old 2002-09-11, 17:35
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Best places to live?

Why do you wanna move away from philly? I wish that I could live in philly again....try virginia like richmond or just below some place called chesterfield where one of my cuz's lives.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics