About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-11, 02:53
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Cry for Help

I'm feeling rather insecure at the moment, and I need someone to slap some sense into me. Just tell me that you love me/hate me/wouldn't care if I dremeled my toes off, etc. If you don't, I just might have to stay up all night writing poetry. Or not.
 #2 
Old 2002-09-11, 02:57
Sivvy Sivvy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cry for Help

i don't remember you, that is definetly good. Happy smile to ya theta. feel better soon.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-11, 02:59
Ironz Ironz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cry for Help

Let me give you a few of my favorite quotes:

'We've been spoon-fed baby food at school when we've hungered for steak.' -The Mentor

'I will not treat you equally, but I will treat you fairly.' -Woody Hansen, CPR Instructor

'The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.' -Socrates from The Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman
 #4 
Old 2002-09-11, 03:53
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Cry for Help

I am not one of them.
I'm different.
I don't talk like they do.
I don't dress like they do.
I don't think like they do.

Perhaps I intimidate them
Or they intimidate me?
Am I better? Stronger?
Or inferior and weak?
Does it matter?

I seek that which I value,
I look for something else,
That they don't see.
That they don't hear.
That they don't believe.

I ask questions.
They are content.
I look for something new,
But they take what is there.
Do I expect to find anything?

And if I find the cure
Will I be happy?
Will they be happy?
Will they care at all?
Will it make a difference?

But it is such a lonely task,
And patience is finite,
And I just want to know if I'm right,
Or if I'm chasing shadows.
But no one seems to care.

Yet I stand outside, and knock,
And they say I can enter.
But I am fearful.
Will I become one of them?
Is the comfort more vital than the quest?

And so I disguise myself,
And walk with them.
But I yearn to be with them,
And I fight to stay away,
And I am torn.

No it shouldn't go in Vogon. It's not evil nasty poetry. It's balls-out honesty that hurts like hell.
 #5 
Old 2002-09-11, 06:13
sph3ric pyramid sph3ric pyramid is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cry for Help

*shrugs* who gives a fuck? unveil yourself, and stop being one of them. be whatever the fuck you want to be. if they don't accept you, then, fine. at least you're being honest, neh?

peace out.
sph3ric pyramid
 #6 
Old 2002-09-11, 13:12
Ironz Ironz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cry for Help

Ok, enough bullshitting fellas,
http://www.thisisacryforhelp.com
 #7 
Old 2002-09-11, 13:20
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Cry for Help

That is the most fucked up comic site I ever saw (found it a year ago). The Thicker Than Water strips are good though.

Didn't you post the link to Something Positive? Or was that someone else.
 #8 
Old 2002-09-11, 21:41
Ironz Ironz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cry for Help

quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus:
Didn't you post the link to Something Positive? Or was that someone else.


Someone else.
 #9 
Old 2002-09-11, 22:14
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cry for Help

*Nox gives theta a kiss*

*Nox gags, then barfs*

*Nox gargles, brushes teeth, and splashes on copious quantities of disinfectant*

*Nox asks himself, 'What is wrong with you?'*

*Nox figures out it was a 'stupid attack'*

*Nox wishes he would have patted theta on the back instead*

*Silly Nox*


Nox
 #10 
Old 2002-09-12, 02:26
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Cry for Help

Ummm, thanks, Nox. I think.

Well, I think my hormonally-fucked-up brain is through with its depression for now, so I'll go back to being the witty, cynical bastard I usually am. Thank you all for your kind, hateful, or otherwise emotional words. Most of all, thank you for putting up with bullshit like this. Mr. Scotty has disengaged the poor-me drive, and we're currently cruising at 3/4 slack.

I promise I'll be happy from now on...or I'll lie and say I am.
 #11 
Old 2002-09-12, 02:37
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Cry for Help

Umbilical cord jambalaya, anyone?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics