|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-09-10, 01:06
|
DarkSyde 
Regular
|
|
|
|
censorship at TOTSE???
I am not new to The Temple. I recently changed screen names and I was on TOTSE before that just not as a member. Every time I put up a post someone closes it. If I try to get people to back me up, that post gets closed too.
TOTSE is like a home to me. I love it, and thats why I am again trying to get someone, anyone, to back me up on this issue. I am tired of people thinking Im just some whiny loser. I am trying to share or gain info and people like junglist keep stopping me from that. I am not the bad guy here, for the love of God, someone please agree with me.
|
|
#2
 2002-09-10, 01:17
|
www escapetwice com 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
What were your threads about?
|
|
#3
 2002-09-10, 01:22
|
Nox 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
Learn from your mistakes.
Edited part:
You need no support from anyone. Your ideas should stand alone. Don't expect people to agree with you. When folks disagree, they normally say so. Sometimes folks agree and remain silent. But above all the most important thing for you to remember is:
ENGAGE BRAIN BEFORE ENGAGING KEYBOARD.
Nox
[This message has been edited by Nox (edited 09-10-2002).]
|
|
#4
 2002-09-10, 01:31
|
rlpinca 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
Damn this kid cries alot.
|
|
#5
 2002-09-10, 01:39
|
www escapetwice com 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
I dunno dude, I have used alot of boards before, and for the they are all the same.
For the most part, you get a 50/50 mix of cool people and complete flamer assholes, and usually at least one mod that's a total cowboy that will fuck with anyone who posts something that annoys him until that person leaves the board.
And of course, everyone always supports the mod, no matter why they did whatever, so you wind up with tons of insulting posts saying you were wrong.
I haven't been at totse long enough to know about any of the mods, it seems like a really tolerant board, and for the most part everyone seems cool except for a few dicks.
The thing to do is to just ignore them, because once you challenge someone on the board they generally feel the need to show how big their balls are and you'll get fucked with and waste alot of time defending yourself on something that doesn't really matter.
I can understand you are frustrated if you believe you had a thread closed that you took seriously, but bringing it up and looking for support will not work.
I have no clue what happened or who did what so i can't take a side or anything, but maybe you should take some time and rewrite your post, then make sure you post it in the correct category and see if it is closed.
If you post a thread that has nothing wrong with it at all, in the correct board, and a mod closes it; the situation will speak for itself. People will see it was closed and know it was fucked up.
I dunno dude, you don't need to look for support. This is an information message board not a social club. Try not to take it so seriously and just get the info you want and share what you have and ignore the bullshit
|
|
#6
 2002-09-10, 01:41
|
J.C. Stanton 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
Ok, I am going to be very explicit:
email me
jcstanton at totse dot com
Tell me what your question was. I can't help you with an answer to your question, but I can figure out what's going on in the forums, ok?
DO NOT USE THIS FORUM TO AIR YOUR PERSONAL PROBLEMS.
J.C. Stanton jcstanton at totse dot com
|
|
#7
 2002-09-10, 01:48
|
rlpinca 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
I was curious as to which vitaly important thread was closed, so I went to bltc and looked around. I'm guessing it was this one. http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum5/HTML/003439.html
Seems to me that it was pretty much pointless and you just wanted people to join you and build a fort out of boxes or something. It didn't realy have any point and wasn't going to go anywhere, so he closed it. Big fucking deal. Get over it, you're not going to accomplish anything by crying about. He's just doing his job by keeping pointless crap out of a forum.
|
|
#8
 2002-09-10, 02:08
|
bunghole 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
A fort out of boxes!
|
|
#9
 2002-09-10, 02:25
|
MR.SMITH 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
Im not sure if being "new" has anyhing to do with all of these censorship threads. But does anyone realize all these people who claim they are being sensored have only been here less than a month? Ive had a few posts closed because they were stupid, and I realized it...
|
|
#10
 2002-09-10, 02:44
|
DarkSyde 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
First of all, thank you escapetwice!
To answer your question it was the post that rlpinca made the link to, and while it may not be important to him or junglist, you can probly see it was important to me. Now, I've never been one to care about what people think, but junglist closed down my thread because he didn't think it was a good enough idea.
I understand that he is a moderator but im not new on TOTSE, i just havent had a membership until now. Im not an idiot or a newby. My topic was completely relevent and posted in the correct place. I have no problem with him flaming me, but why does he have to close my thread.
|
|
#11
 2002-09-10, 02:48
|
DarkSyde 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
Also, on Bitch and Moan, there are others who agree with me.
I apologize for not putting this in bitch and moan but i thought that all of totse might want to be made aware of it, maybe i was wrong. It pisses me off though. TOTSE was created so that people could share and recieve knowledge. I believe in this. Junglist apparently does not.
|
|
#12
 2002-09-10, 03:12
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Facedown in the shag rug.
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
I don't think it was an extraordinarily stupid thing to say, and it may mean quite a bit to you. Regardless of any of that, it sounds very KEWLish, and it's not the best topic for your first post. Junglist has been catching a lot of shit from newbies lately, and he likely overreacted. Just chill out, wait 'til you have a better idea, and try again.
On a side note: Can we get Nox's venerable maxim on coffee cups and boxer shorts, too? ^See?^ I used two big words in a single sentence...
|
|
#13
 2002-09-10, 03:14
|
Tooth Fairy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
DarkSyde - may I make a suggestion?
If you have been here under a different name before, as you say, - perhaps it would assist you to tell the regulars what your previous name was - so that they know who you are.
|
|
#14
 2002-09-10, 03:20
|
DarkSyde 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
My old name was Henion but i was only on for a few weeks or so. My friend told me about TOTSE many months ago but i didn't become a member until recently. I mostly read drug info, esp. the exotic ones. By the way, what is KEWLish?
|
|
#15
 2002-09-10, 03:21
|
tr0g 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
This is bullshit. unless you are flooding to annoy everyone (And even then i have seen it pass) no one is supposed to be censoring you on totse.
Where the hell do you think you are anyways Bombshock.com?
|
|
#16
 2002-09-10, 03:22
|
tr0g 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
PS unless Loki Poki boy is in one of his girly PMS moods then he will close it just to annoy you.
|
|
#17
 2002-09-10, 03:27
|
Tooth Fairy 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
So you Are a Newbie then. A Newbie member of the forums. Why are you saying you're not?
|
|
#18
 2002-09-10, 03:34
|
Global Dominator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
I must have posted something at some time that was stupid, the odds add up against you so sooner or later its going to happen, but I have no idea if anything was ever closed or locked. I never looked or cared.
Totse is just here to be a clearing house for ideas and information(both good and bad), and to sell some stuff.
I throw some things out there and see if anyone salutes it, if so great, if not then oh well. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it and I suggest you don't either. If something gets closed, screw it, come up with something better. If somebody flames you, screw them, flame them better. It isn't like this place is the be all, end all of your life, or is it?
|
|
#19
 2002-09-10, 04:42
|
www escapetwice com 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
Hey DarkSyde:
I am sure that despite not being allowed to make a thread Re: your group that will stay open, you should still be able to share your idea by just participating in the board.
You could make a geocities page or something explaining it and make a signature for your totse posts linking to it. A decent amount of people would click it, and get back to you if interested, and you wouldn't actually have to post the whole thing on the board and invite flaming/censorship.
I know this really isn't the issue, and you are more concerned because you feel you were censored, but I just figured it would be a helpful idea.
I dunno, the boards still seem worthwhile and if you are interested in the information I believe you should just accept how it's run and stick around. I have never seen a board before where you can talk shit about a mod and remain a member afterwards... so while it may not be a free-for-all and allow any threads to stay open, it is still just about as uncensored as it gets.
I mean, if the board members aren't to ever be censored at all, why would the site owner have even made any mods? Apparently a line is drawn somewhere
|
|
#20
 2002-09-10, 08:56
|
ChrisTPuncheR 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
Look Darkside, Im new to this post also, i just started posting a few days ago, i was more of a read the Topics on computers. im more of a computer junkie.. i started a few post's already, but really dont expect anyone to folow me threw any of them just post them for the hell of it. If they get closed out fine. administrators and moderators do it for a reason. I know I manage my own network. If you dont like how people are doing there job, thats right they are doing there job, go somewhere else. I am sure that you can find a message board that have people like you and want to post. You do have to understand that the moderators are just doing there jobs. and they probablly dont mind message topics. but when the topics are not going with the flow of traffic. they get bumped.
Chris T PuncheR
|
|
#21
 2002-09-10, 09:30
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
quote: Originally posted by www escapetwice com: I dunno dude, I have used alot of boards before, and for the they are all the same.
For the most part, you get a 50/50 mix of cool people and complete flamer assholes, and usually at least one mod that's a total cowboy that will fuck with anyone who posts something that annoys him until that person leaves the board.
I too have been to many boards. Though I've found totse to be leagues above the others; especially boards that deal with such topics as found here. In fact this is the only board I keep bookmarked that is not one I use for information and reference [i.e.: surround sound, Peavey, a few legal boards � as in legal assistance, Amiga, chemhead, etc.]. Again, especially considering many of the forum topics, there is an overall level of - and lord help me I hate to use the word, but it does best fit what I'm trying to say � maturity, amongst the members of totse [I actually thought your '50/50 mix' was very generous to the other boards]. I don't care to venture a guess as to a ratio for totse. I can assure you it�s pretty damn low, though it may appear higher than it actually is. You can chalk that up to the few kiddie type kewls and such being very prolific in their posting; often just to boost the number of posts the have though they have been told that size doesn�t matter � [sorry, had to say it]. As for the mods here, I think they all do a good job. The worst I�ve seen was one who, I felt, didn�t know much as he thought [i.e.: giving advice that was wrong], which could have had potentially harmful consequences. Then again, there has been a recent surge in their ranks, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are good Mods. quote: And of course, everyone always supports the mod, no matter why they did whatever, so you wind up with tons of insulting posts saying you were wrong.
I�m not ass kissing. At my age I really I don�t need to curry their favor to feel validated. quote: I haven't been at totse long enough to know about any of the mods, it seems like a really tolerant board, and for the most part everyone seems cool except for a few dicks.
Well, let's wait a few months then revisit this opinion - or not ;-) quote: The thing to do is to just ignore them, because once you challenge someone on the board they generally feel the need to show how big their balls are and you'll get fucked with and waste a lot of time defending yourself on something that doesn't really matter.
That has a less than average frequency - and much of what I have seen was done more as good natured ribbing than serious sh*t. That's the way I see it: Your mileage may vary. quote: I can understand you are frustrated if you believe you had a thread closed that you took seriously, but bringing it up and looking for support will not work.[b][QUOTE]
Can I have an 'amen' here? Such tactics are very transparently juvenilevenal and is bound to have the opposite effect than desired.
[b][QUOTE]If you post a thread that has nothing wrong with it at all, in the correct board, and a mod closes it; the situation will speak for itself. People will see it was closed and know it was fucked up.
Spot on. quote: I dunno dude, you don't need to look for support. This is an information message board not a social club. Try not to take it so seriously and just get the info you want and share what you have and ignore the bullshit
I was about to agree with that whole statement, then decided that in a way totse is kinda like a social club. It's not, though, a place to hold membership drives; particularly for something the majority here find juvenile and KEWLish. The rest of what you said though, yeah, I quite agree. [This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 09-10-2002).]
|
|
#22
 2002-09-10, 12:56
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
Perhaps it shouldn't have been closed - perhaps. If not then it should have been moved [don't ask me where]. Part of a Mod's job, as I've come to understand it, it to keep the threads within the bounds of the given forum. Giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you never looked past the name of the forum [Better Living through Chemistry] to see just what the scope of the discussions were meant to be. I shall enlighten you. I quote: "Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations 'theoretical' in nature, since this is an open conference." Inviting people to join your kiddie klub does not fit within that scope [nor was there anything 'theoretical' about it]. Thus, Junglist was correct in his actions. As I mentioned in my previous post, [I find that] there is a much higher than average level of maturity and intelligence in the membership of totse, and things that go counter to that tend to irritate and annoy us. Some react in stronger and more visible ways than others. What you�ve been trying to post falls under that category. I saw nothing helpful or redeeming in it at all. That�s not to say it doesn�t deserve to be posted; It just shouldn�t be posted in BLTC. For reasons I�ve already stated. You want people to back you up? Try posting topics to the correct forum: Even this should have been in Bitch & Moan, not SG. I would be very surprised if you were any older than, say, 17 or 18 - 23 or 24, if you�re from the Deep South  [That�s more a dig at my ex than anything else�] The tone of your post here brings to my mind a kid who is picked on by some older kid and then goes around trying to gather all the other wimpy, picked on kids to go [attempt] to stand up to the bully � standing behind his recruits. As for: quote: I am not new to The Temple. My old name was Henion but i was only on for a few weeks or so. My friend told me about TOTSE many months ago but i didn't become a member until recently. I mostly read drug info, esp. the exotic ones. By the way, what is KEWLish?
Uh, yes, you are new to the temple; many months does not a old member make. You weren�t even lurking that long before you became a member. The clock actually starts ticking once you become a member and you make your self known to the rest of us KEWLish: To be kinda like a KEWL. quote:
TOTSE is like a home to me. I love it
Given the time you�ve been here that must mean that either you are very starved for affection, approval and attention, Or: [As I strongly suspect]: It is a semi-transparent exaggeration in an attempt to get people to back you up � which is just more of the aforementioned immaturity, which adds to the annoyance coefficient [which must at least be starting to become clear, if not obvious to you by now]. quote:
and that�s why I am again trying to get someone, anyone, to back me up on this issue. I am tired of people thinking Im just some whiny loser. I am trying to share or gain info and people like junglist keep stopping me from that. I am not the bad guy here, for the love of God, someone please agree with me.
Dude. Man, That�s just pathetic, I�m sorry. You have just served to underscore all I�ve been saying. I mean [listen to yourself[/I]: You�re whining about being tired of people calling you whinny! LMAO! � Oh, puuullleeeezzz *cry, sniff, sniff*, the bully junglist won�t let me play on the swings!!!*Sniff, snivel* Stop calling me a cry baby! I�m telling! *Runs home bawling his eyes out, snot running down his face.* And you wonder why no one backs you up?Now, I have a couple of questions for you, and a couple of final statements, which may be a waste as I get the feeling that you stopped reading this long ago. First: How is what you posted sharing � or gaining � information? Second: Just why is that post so damn important to you? Third: WTF do you do as the LEADER? Just what do you lead? Finally, let me just say that the whole bit of doing everything in excess is, by far, the most telling sign of your age. You think that will make you hot shit and such. I know about doing things to excess. I�d lay money on the fact that the amount I consumed and the variety of things I tried are beyond what you now or will ever do in your life. That�s not an idle brag neither. I know you don�t believe me: Frankly I don�t give a rats ass. I drank to excess in my 20�s. Before I was 30 I was given 5 years to live if I didn�t stop [go ahead, call me on this: I�ll send you a copy of my medical records. I drank a minimum of a fifth of cheap vodka a day; many days I�d get a gallon, and 2/3 to � would be gone before I went to work the next day. 8 or so years of that and my liver gave me a big F**k you to me]. I can�t count how many times I should have died [honestly: there are several memories of events which I don�t know if was something I dreamed or that happened while I was really drunk, or dosed, or other. Just the times I�m sure of is enough to make me want to go buy lottery tickets. Or how many time I avoided arrest. Worst of all: How many friends I can now only visits in my memory?Now, don�t think I wrote this to flame you. If you�ve been around here, as you say you have, then you�ll know that I�m not one who does that, generally speaking, that is. If it were a flame you�d know it. Like Trog will if he reads this far. Observe: Trog >> Blow it out of your mouth � sorry, I mean a**. ; can�t tell the difference sometimes ;-). I swear you wouldn�t know by reading our respective posts that we�re even close in age. Of course there�s censoring here: If you post inappropriate stuff where you shouldn�t, you get locked, moved, or [I think] deleted. Oh well, I�ve written enough [dare I say �written to excess?]. It�s 6:53; I�ve been up all night � standing at my computer. I�m tired, sore and now must get ready to go to work..
|
|
#23
 2002-09-10, 15:07
|
junglist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
quote: Discussions of any and all sorts of mind-warping chemicals, pills, booze, mind machines, trippy stuff, making beer, current street prices, importing pharmaceuticals, smart drugs, nutrients, herbs, and altered states. Please try to keep your conversations "theoretical" in nature, since this is an open conference.
you tell me which of those criteria you met, and ill open your thread.
|
|
#24
 2002-09-10, 16:41
|
Renegade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
Do you feel accepted now or denied darksyde ?
Peace Renegade,
|
|
#25
 2002-09-11, 05:15
|
junglist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
i didnt think id get anything outta him with that one.... youd think that if these people really had a gripe theyd stick with it to prove their point.
|
|
#26
 2002-09-11, 06:18
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
No, actually I think I scared him off with the length of my post which was - even by my standard length - a whopper ['whopper' having nothing to do with the fact that I'm Italian  ]. See, size does matter [This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 09-11-2002).]
|
|
#27
 2002-09-11, 15:03
|
junglist 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
im always glad to see you still around meta, and in good spirits taboot.
|
|
#28
 2002-09-11, 19:00
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: censorship at TOTSE???
Thanks  It was more of a tirade than I usually do; even those I reserve [mostly] to recreational opiate use 
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|