About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-08, 23:44
bunghole bunghole is offline
Regular
 
Default Cheap-ass ripoff batteries

Look at these cheap-ass "Powercell" batteries. I picked em up in chinatown, 8 for a buck (canadian). At first I thought they were Duracells and I thought "What a great deal!" Then I realized they werent duracell, but bought em anyway, cause they're so damn cheap. These have got to be violating some trademark of duracell's.
http://fiscus.d2g.com/pics/powercell.jpg

[This message has been edited by bunghole (edited 09-08-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-09-09, 00:18
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cheap-ass ripoff batteries

I'll bet those piss off the guys down at Duracell to no end.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-09, 00:24
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: Cheap-ass ripoff batteries

Let us know how long they last. They may look a lot like Duracell, but who gives a fuck if they don't last as long.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-09, 01:30
Rat_Bastard Rat_Bastard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cheap-ass ripoff batteries

Holy shit! those are the same ones I got!
I got them at Honest Ed's in Toronto for $1.49 CAN.

pic1 pic2


[This message has been edited by Rat_Bastard (edited 09-09-2002).]
 #5 
Old 2002-09-09, 01:45
bunghole bunghole is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Cheap-ass ripoff batteries

Mine are best before june 2005 as well.
 #6 
Old 2002-09-09, 21:15
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Cheap-ass ripoff batteries

Rayovac Rechargable, that's all I buy. They may not last as long, and they may be more expensive, but as long as you have enough of them and don't lose them too often they will save you a ton of cash.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics