About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-08, 23:27
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Question for ChrisTPuncheR

You wrote this in another thread.

quote:
I happen to have a security level clearance and one thing i know is after filling out 100 pieces of paper with your life story and having your family friends neighbors teachers and any body who knew you, questioned like it was cool, wouldnt chance loosing there clearance to a bozo. on an internet message chat board.


Are you military or civilian?

Nox

[This message has been edited by Nox (edited 09-08-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-09-09, 07:32
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

Someone that says "security level clearance" is most likely full of shit. The levels are classified, secret, itermetant top secret(pending investigation), and top secret. There's rumored to be a few above that, but probably not named security.

Losing their clearance? Only if you'r stupid and get a felony, stop doing the job that needed the clearance, or turned into a grade A fuckup.

He's most likely a civilian that heard the term security clearance somewhere and thought it was cool.

Gee Rlpinca, how do you know? Because Rlpinca had a top secret for 5 years and worked in a classified materials section of a comm batalion for awhile processing clearance requests and working on crypto gear.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-09, 09:16
ChrisTPuncheR ChrisTPuncheR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

1st question is to answer is that I am military second thing i am not full of shit i seem to know a thing or two about security clearance and it would be more likley that you had a standard security clearance, over a top secret. one if i am not mistaken you ither have to work in the s-2, s-3, g-2 g-3 ext, divisions or you have to have a rank above e-7 or above. i work in a comm battalion so i know what the fuck your talking about.

---------------------------------------------
 #4 
Old 2002-09-09, 09:20
ChrisTPuncheR ChrisTPuncheR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

Oh and another thing I should of said i have a level of security clearance
 #5 
Old 2002-09-09, 09:22
ChrisTPuncheR ChrisTPuncheR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

OORAH
 #6 
Old 2002-09-09, 13:38
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

It does seem that you know what you're talking about. You have to admit that "security level clearance" sounds pretty damn suspicious. I was a tech but was on loan to the S-2 section due to them being very short handed. I worked in the CMS and CMCC sections. My MOS called for a secret, but I had a secondary MOS as a satcom tech which needed a TS, from there I worked in S-2 because I already had the clearance.

I'll admit that I was apparently wrong, but I had my reasons to be suspicious. Which comm bn are you in?
 #7 
Old 2002-09-09, 14:16
ChrisTPuncheR ChrisTPuncheR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

3D Battalion 1st Marines H&S Communications
Currently Deployed at our aor if you know what i mean...
 #8 
Old 2002-09-09, 14:54
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

Grrrr.

I'm sorry for doubting you, but I'm an asshole like that. I've dealt with too many kids around here and just assume everyone is lying.

I was in 9th crime(aka 9th comm) at mainside.
 #9 
Old 2002-09-09, 15:01
Viper2002 Viper2002 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

This is actually very interesting. When you say that you have top secret clearance in layman�s terms what does this actually give you access to?

So when you guys entered the military did you sign up for these specific departments that require such clearance or have you just moved into them during your military careers?


I myself have always considered a career in defence but I am stuck at university now for four years so if I am going to it�s going to be a while yet. My best mate is joining the marines next year he has been trying to get me to sign up with him but my dad was not so happy about the idea.

V i p e r
 #10 
Old 2002-09-09, 15:20
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

Chris,

I asked the question because I had a SCI as part of my staff duties. Your description fit what I had to do to get mine.

Viper,

I understand your fathers' concern. My advice, Do it.

Edited part:

rlpinca,

You are correct, only 3 levels of clearance, Confidential, Secret, Top Secret. Beyond TS you have access to compartmented information. Crypto is just an access although some mistakenly call it a clearance.

Nox

Nox

[This message has been edited by Nox (edited 09-09-2002).]
 #11 
Old 2002-09-09, 15:51
ChrisTPuncheR ChrisTPuncheR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

rlpinca
I totaly understand what you mean about all these kids, too many lies. If your still mil well oorah, if your a civilian well i bet it feels good, cause where i am, at this time i really wish i was somewhere else.

viper2002
well all i can say is go for it trust me after the first few hassels well you will have fun.
 #12 
Old 2002-09-09, 15:56
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

I wanted to fight when i was 15 i wanted to see it all and do it all. I was diagnosed as a diabetic last christmas so i couldnt go. Sept 11th had happened of course and i was wondering if i really wanted to fight for what the army were fighting for. Now im glad i didnt go into the services. But still my heart was broken that day i was diagnosed. Oh well shit happens.

Peace Renegade,
 #13 
Old 2002-09-09, 15:56
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

Viper:

I joined to learn electronics repair. Many of the jobs under that category require clearances of differnt levels. My main job was microwave radio tech(2831 multichannel equipment repairman) which needed secret. I eventually got to work on sat com stuff(they were short handed) which needs a top secret. In the Marines people don't do just the job that they signed up for, there are alot of jobs that don't necessarily have a category(MOS) but still need to get done. For example while I was in I was a radio tech, an operator, a rifle and pistol coach, military operations in urban terrain instructor, the office jobs that I mentioned above, a janitor(all lower ranks are), a baby sitter (E4), platoon sergeant, and alot of other shit. My clearance was primarily just so that I could handle the active crypto gear and in case something was transmitted over my gear that was classified.

You're most likely talking about the Royal Marines, so they might be completely different.

Nox:

The crypto gear for radios is considered a controlled item. They have a little ticker tape looking thing that actually contains the code, that is what requires a clearance to handle. Once the ticker tape looking thingy is loaded into the gear, the gear takes on the classification level of the code.

Christpuncher:

I'm a college kid now. I'm milking the Gi Bill for all it's worth($900 a month) and enjoying life. Political correctness and superiors that were too busy kissing ass was taking it's toll on the amount of fun I was having. I want back in sometimes, but I have a family now and just had my knee worked on a few months ago so the chance of me going back are pretty slim.

[This message has been edited by rlpinca (edited 09-09-2002).]
 #14 
Old 2002-09-09, 22:22
ChrisTPuncheR ChrisTPuncheR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

Well looks like theres another 2800 in the house, maybee went to the same school, somewhere we like to call the stumps, or to all you others 29 palms. If i am right you probablly went to B.E.C. before your first school, well my mos was 2818 but we combined with the crypto peole and we are 2847 now
 #15 
Old 2002-09-09, 23:23
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

They had just started reorganizing the 2800 field when I was getting out. I went through BEC in 95.
 #16 
Old 2002-09-10, 00:09
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

I just realized, we're talking in some strange ass language. Half of what we've said is just jibberish to most people.
 #17 
Old 2002-09-10, 00:44
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

As it should be.

Nox
 #18 
Old 2002-09-10, 05:14
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

So glad I no longer worry about those things. :O)
 #19 
Old 2002-09-10, 10:25
ChrisTPuncheR ChrisTPuncheR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

Well its a bad habbit to. when i go home on leave it s like people think im nuts. i tell them like hey man gonna go to chow, or im gonna hit the head. other things like that. or lets go pt. well hopefully that wheres off when i get out.

Chris T Puncher
 #20 
Old 2002-09-10, 10:58
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

Is this your first hitch?

Nox
 #21 
Old 2002-09-10, 11:07
Regular
 
Texas USA
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

quote:
Originally posted by rlpinca:
I just realized, we're talking in some strange ass language. Half of what we've said is just jibberish to most people.


Oddly enough, I understand most of it and I'm civvie. But I have enough freinds who spew Mil Jargon around on a regular enough basis I've picked up most of it or can at least interpolate the meanings.
 #22 
Old 2002-09-10, 12:02
ChrisTPuncheR ChrisTPuncheR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

This is my first term, i think i got a few left plus im enjoying my first pump, even though the boat makes me sick.
 #23 
Old 2002-09-10, 12:11
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

Strangely enough i understand all but the oorah... wont ask for an explanation. if you wanted to explain it you would have.

the main thing is that i had to learn about the main divisions and work details of other areas...

i am in the air training corps at the moment, that is until i am old enough to join the RAF anyway.

but i have always wondered, is there an elitist air regiment (division) as part of the military, or is it just the RAF i have to look to. thanks.

FYI 158 sqdn, London and south east Regiments (Laser) is our acronym.
 #24 
Old 2002-09-10, 12:22
ChrisTPuncheR ChrisTPuncheR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

The whole oorah. is like a motivation thing for the marines, like good to go we just say oorah.
 #25 
Old 2002-09-10, 12:34
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

ah, sorry but thanks anyhow.

 #26 
Old 2002-09-11, 02:34
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisTPuncheR:
This is my first term, i think i got a few left plus im enjoying my first pump, even though the boat makes me sick.


Ever been on an AMTRAC before? I had never been more seasick before in my life.
 #27 
Old 2002-09-11, 07:54
ChrisTPuncheR ChrisTPuncheR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

I have no clew what you are talking about, an amtrac is a big fucking vehicle that is on trac's like a tank, holds any where from 6 to 10 marines or soilder's im not to sure about the number's and is very loud. And what you are refuring to might me the LCU or maybe the LCAC. and by some slim Chance it might be a LAv.
 #28 
Old 2002-09-11, 13:38
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

quote:
Originally posted by rlpinca:
The levels are classified, secret, itermetant top secret(pending investigation), and top secret. There's rumored to be a few above that, but probably not named security.



The 6'th you die just for knowing. They inject you with sodium penethol, find out what you know and if you leaked any info and do the ame to those you leaked it to, then shoot you dead.

The 7'th is far worse. They bring in chineese torture practitioners that specialize in chakra points. You don't see them that much these days. they are known for their lucrative yet highly clandestine skills of being able to maximize pain for prolonged amounts of time without killing the victim so they die the most slowest and painful death possible.

Dr. Chow: "My record is 96 hours. By the third day the guy cursed the day he was born. I'm hoping to break it."

 #29 
Old 2002-09-11, 17:56
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question for ChrisTPuncheR

AAV's (another name for amtracs) are huge fucking beasts that are amphibious. Lavs are also, but they don't make it through the surf very easily. I can't believe that you didn't know that.

I've been on a trac before and I know what you're talking about JOe. It's great being in a 60 ton vehicle that's mostly underwater and leaking all over the place.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics