|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-09-08, 20:51
|
Agent Boris_KGB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Favourite cereal?
Well what are some of your favourite cereals?....I dont really have a favourite,because I like them all... but right this second I'm eating fruity pebbles....
|
|
#2
 2002-09-08, 21:42
|
Ironz 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
Fruit loops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!111!!!1111!!! 
|
|
#3
 2002-09-08, 21:53
|
|
Moderator
|
|
directly over the center of th
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
fruit loops lucky charms coco puffs honey combs chereio's granola that mini cinnimin buns one and lets see .... thats about it
Oh Oh Oh wait and frosted flakes and mini wheats
|
|
#4
 2002-09-08, 21:53
|
Global Dominator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
Alpha-bits for sweetened, the big shredded wheat biscuits for unsweetened.
|
|
#5
 2002-09-08, 21:53
|
theo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
gravel in milk- it never gets soggy!!
probably Golden Grahams or Peanut Butter Crunch
|
|
#6
 2002-09-08, 22:22
|
True_Ghetto 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
Lucky Charms im eating there friut snacks right now.
|
|
#7
 2002-09-09, 02:22
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Facedown in the shag rug.
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Honey Nut Cheerios run a close second.
|
|
#8
 2002-09-09, 02:26
|
Genital-Warfare 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
Luckky charms and Frosted Minnie Wheats.
CTR
|
|
#9
 2002-09-09, 05:26
|
Vicodin 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
Count Chocula, Boo Berry and Franken Berry still have the best boxes even if the contents taste like crap.
|
|
#10
 2002-09-09, 05:41
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
Captain Crunch fucking owns you. Remember that game Marverl vs. Capcom where Hulk did that move called "Gamma Crunch" where he went up in the air and grabbed a meteor and crushed you with it? It was actually a gargatuan crunchberry. He loves it that much and he wants to share the experience with you. Your life is forefeit if he does it, but it's the thought that counts  . Honey nut, Frosted, and Team Cheerios are pretty good. Honey Nut Clusters. Golden Grahams. The actual ones, not that knock off cheap shit. Apple Jacks. Fruit Loops. Toucan sam can fuck some shit up. Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Rice Krispy Treats. Snap, Crackle, and nigga Pop are 3 hardcore thugs fiending in the streets of Harlem. You can get away with selling that shit as rock. Really, you can :O. Frosted flakes are decent. [This message has been edited by Dark_Magneto (edited 09-09-2002).]
|
|
#11
 2002-09-09, 06:03
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
Of the cereals that you can find on most store shelves it's Cap'n Crunch.
More favored, though, was a cereal called Quisp, which I found out is being made again but is only at a few locations as yet - damn. Though Quaker Oats, who makes it, also makes those Bagged Cereals. The Sweet Crunch type is almost like Quisp. I say almost; it's like any generic variety compared to the brand name.
The top of my list is something that not only isn't made any more, but I've not seen anything even close to it since.
It was Quangaroo's: an Orange flavored cereal.
Anyone else recall Quangaroo's? Quisp?
|
|
#12
 2002-09-09, 07:54
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
anyone notive that something is unbelieveably exceptionally goood, it gets discontinued?
|
|
#13
 2002-09-09, 15:07
|
quandary 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
hunny beees
|
|
#14
 2002-09-09, 15:15
|
Viper2002 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
Crispy Kellogg�s corn flakes with ice cold milk.
v i p e r
|
|
#15
 2002-09-09, 15:58
|
Renegade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
CHEERIOS !!!!!! Full of oaty goodness.
Peace Renegade,
|
|
#16
 2002-09-09, 22:09
|
|
Moderator
|
|
The fine line between genius and madness
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
I like rasin bran. So sue me for being so plain.
I received a file a while back rating breakfast cereals. I have no idea where it origenly came from, but here it is for your reading pleasure
Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries What is a "Cap'n" anyway? The rank below a "Maj'r"? Anyhow, I am fully in favor of this cereal. Lovely does-not-occur-in-nature pink color to the "crunchberries," extra points for pretending that they're actual fruit, neat spokescharacter. The only real flaw is that it seems to be specifically designed to scrape three layers of skin off your gums with each bowl. A-
Cookie Crisp Lame. It was a good concept, it could have gone somewhere, but the fact is that the cereal bits bear no closer resemblance to chocolate chip cookies than Fruity Pebbles do to actual rocks. Also, this Cookie Crook character is shamelessly derivative of the whole Trix Rabbit Cereal Theft genre, only instead of the kids looking after their own damn cereal they have an animated figure of authority to protect it for them. I am, however, an advocate of pouring milk on Chips Ahoy and eating that for breakfast. C-
Cocoa Puffs The canonical chocolate sugar cereal. First off, it turns the milk chocolatey with eerie efficiency. When you've finished the cereal, that milk is damn chocolatey. Secondly, it actually does stay crunchy in milk. I don't know for how long, I haven't run tests, but its crunchy- staying power is remarkable. Thirdly, "Sonny" is a fine cartoon spokesanimal in the no-pants tradition. And finally, and this is the vital point, it's the only cereal that openly admits to inducing hyperactivity. "Go cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs" is obvious shorthand for "Parents, your children are going to be putting Keds marks on the walls after a couple bowls of this stuff." A
Honeycombs In my childhood, the three main selling points of Honeycombs were: a) The individual cereal pieces are about an inch in diameter, b) They have a lot of surface area, and c) Large people will attempt to take it from you if you eat it. So, given these dubious advantages, it is unsurprising that I am somewhat disappointed with the cereal. I've also never been terribly fond of honey-flavored breakfast cereal ("The delicious corn and oat cereal that's been mugged with honey!") so that was another point against. Still, it's the only cereal I know that actually improves in flavor when damp. C
Spider-Man Cereal This one's relatively new, part of the continual march of tie-in cereals that appear on the market, make a few bucks, then fade away. Folks, they're not even trying with this one. The marshmallow bits are really sad. They don't look like anything. You read the side of the box, it explains what they are, and they STILL don't look like anything. The premium inside is a lame "trading card," and the cereal itself ("Spider Webs") is just hexagonal frosted Rice Chex. Bleah. D+
Cinnamon Mini-Buns This is just not an exciting cereal. Let's face it, when you were a kid, Cinnamon Buns were just not as thrilling a breakfast sugar food as, say, doughnuts. So from the beginning you're got this kind of "capture the tedium" feeling. Then there's the interesting discovery that when reduced to miniature size, cinnamon buns resemble some sort of tidepool mollusk. The box I got came with a little superhero comic book, so they're obviously trying to hit the kid market, but I think it's pretty well doomed from the beginning. D
Razzle Dazzle Rice Krispies Oh, for God's sake! This lame-ass marketing concept has all the razzle-dazzle of a wet sock on the side of the highway. It's sugary Rice Krispies with artificial colors. That's it. Kelloggs' multimedia spectacular is basically Fruity Pebbles sans fruit. Big elf-smacking deal. And to make matters worse, the sweetness has this off taste to it, like bad maple syrup. Ugh. D-
Frosted Cheerios Okay, this is no more innovative than R&D Rice Krispies, but at least the box isn't depleting our nation's valuable glitter resources. Still, the recipe is something you may very well have created yourself at some point. Pour yourself a bowl of Cheerios. Add sugar. Eat it. You have completed the Frosted Cheerios experience. So much for trade secrets. D
Trix I want to tell you, I am upset about Trix. When I was but a lad, Trix was the Platonic ideal of cerealdom. A holy trinity of fruit flavors embodied as perfect spheres gave breakfast a spiritual quality you don't often find while scarfing. Since then, Trix has been the sad victim of the color and shape inflation that's infested the industry. There are like half-a-dozen flavors, and each individual Trik is vaguely fruit-shaped. The latest horror is "Wildberry flavor." If I were a berry farmer, I would be trying to do something about the co-opting of "berry" to mean "undefinably artificial." C-
French Toast Crunch Man. French Toast Crunch is an eerie part of this complete breakfast. The cereal bits are shaped like tiny slices of toast. It's like they knocked over the Barbie Bakery or something. It smells like French toast. In milk, it tastes like French toast. The problem is that, as the name implies, it's crunchy. Crunchy French toast is actually kind of unnerving and vile. C-
Apple Jacks I love these, and I couldn't possibly explain why. I think a lot of it still has to do with the fact that even in this fast-paced, fruit-flavored world, an Apple Jack is still an Apple Jack. Nobody's tried to unload "Wild Berry Marshmallow Apple Jacks" on us. Also, you've got to love a kid's cereal named after hard liquor. I keep hoping they'll follow it up with "Kahlua Krispies." A
Cocoa Krispies A decent cereal with a serious case of high spokes-cartoon turnover. I remember an Elephant named "Tusk," a moonlighting Snap, Crackle, and Pop, and lately an excessively trendy monkey named Coco. In doing research, I discovered that Cocoa Krispies has actually been hawked, over the years, by three elephants, two monkeys (the first of which was named Jos�, believe it or not), a caveman, the Rice Krispies Elves, and Snagglepuss the pink cartoon lion. Huh. B
Marshmallow Blasted Froot Loops Eat as much sugared cereal as I have and you start to be able to imagine the taste of the latest day-glo breakfast transgression without even breaking the seal. Take, for instance, Marshmallow Blasted Froot Loops. "Blasted" appears in this case to be a synonym for "accompanied," because it's just Froot Loops with marshmallows. And it tastes, paradigm-shatteringly enough, like Froot Loops would if you added marshmallows. The whole "Blasted" thing is just a desperate adjective pasted on a pretty dull concept. C+
Rice Krispies Requiring your cereal to converse with you is -- how shall I put this delicately? � so tragically pathetic as to make Sally Struthers look like an Ayn Rand heroine by comparison. But then, it has elves on the box, so what would you expect? It tries to look like a kids' cereal, but it's beige and basically unsweetened, so the noise gimmick and the elves are the only thing keeping it from getting shelved next to the eight different cereals with "bran" in the title. If you're not of age to provide your own breakfast and your parent or guardian won't get you the sweet stuff, it's not a bad compromise. C+
Smacks Does this sound good? If you were a cereal magnate and one of your creatives came up to you and said "I've got a great idea for a cereal. It's named after drugs and it's got a frog on the box," don't you think you'd put him down to be culled in the next downsizing? "Smacks" itself is actually a more parentally-acceptable version of the original name: "Satan Worship Smacks." It got shortened in the same anti-Satanist trend that changed the labels of "Satan Crisp" and "Satan Frosted Flakes." Silly, really. C-
Strawberry Shortcake Cereal This is a defunct cereal, dead as the line of deformed, ill-smelling dolls that inspired it. And I'm mature enough to be able to admit that I loved it. Hey, bite me. It could have been called "Advanced Leprosy Puffs" and I still would have loved it, because strawberry-flavored cereal is a fine idea and it's a pity you can't get it today. Can you blame me because I was able to see past the cloying, over-merchandised evil on the box and appreciate the cereal within? Yeah, your mom. B+
Oops! All Berries I guess it's supposed to be charming to pretend that this cereal was invented by accident, like potato chips, penicillin, and the Church of Latter-Day Saints, but frankly the lack of quality control over on Crunchberry Island is a little disquieting. Who's to say that the next box won't be labelled "Gosh Darn It! Discarded Turkey Parts"? Commercial fantasias aside, though, they're pretty darn yummy. In the long run, you really need the Cap'n Crunch to balance your ch'i, but as an occasional distraction it's pretty good. B+
|
|
#17
 2002-09-09, 22:17
|
Agent Boris_KGB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
hey, I like that... but there are like 200 more types....
|
|
#18
 2002-09-09, 23:17
|
draggo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
vector is good.
|
|
#19
 2002-09-09, 23:46
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
Anyone remember Vanilla Crunch? Cinnimon Crunch? [both part of the Cap'n Crunch family]
And now, for your enjoyment:Cereal Boxes
|
|
#20
 2002-09-10, 03:28
|
Ulsterman 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
ALL i ever eat cereal...hmmm
Top Ten 1.Cap'n Crunch: regular,berries ,peanut butter 2.Fruity Pebbles 3.TRIX 4. Fruit Loops 5. Honey Combs 6. Frosted Flakes 7.Lucky Charms 8 Coco Puffs 9. Cocoa Pebbles 10. Corn Pops
Least Favorite: Smacks 0r Raisin bran
|
|
#21
 2002-09-10, 10:45
|
www escapetwice com 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
My favorite is Cracklin' Oat Bran. Like nobody every tries it because it has "bran" in the title and a tiny box costs 2x what you'd pay for lucky charms, but it is the shit.
It is something like oatmeal cookies with this really neat consistency. It is awesome shit and all loaded in fat which is rare for box cereal. It's got coconut in it too.
After that, my next favorite cereal would have to be 1/3 of a thing of oreos dumped into a bowl, broken up with a spoon, covered in milk and eaten like any cereal. I know it doesn't count but it is real good
|
|
#22
 2002-09-10, 19:03
|
|
Regular
|
|
Downey California
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
I don't eat processed cereals.
|
|
#23
 2002-09-10, 19:06
|
Agent Boris_KGB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
quote: Originally posted by Lokil: I don't eat processed cereals.
???never???
|
|
#24
 2002-09-10, 19:14
|
razorlines 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
I like the fake stuff. Instead of fruit luips there called fruity o's. There twice as cheap and there just as good.
|
|
#25
 2002-09-10, 20:18
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
oh Lokil, we have something in common ...
|
|
#26
 2002-09-10, 20:44
|
MR.SMITH 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
Frosted flakes with sliced bannanas in it.
|
|
#27
 2002-09-10, 23:47
|
|
Super Moderator
|
|
Sebastopol CA
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
quote: Originally posted by razorlines: I like the fake stuff. Instead of fruit luips there called fruity o's. There twice as cheap and there just as good.
If you're talking about ther Quaker Oat brand, the I agree 100% - They're even better than the orginal - now. Don't know what they did to f**k it up, but Fruit Loops doesn't tase like it used to. Even worse offender inthat department is: Trix - Boo!
|
|
#28
 2002-09-11, 00:04
|
Imp Of Inebriety 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
I like Honey Nut Clusters and Fruit Loops (but only without milk) and this organic stuff called something like "koala krispies" its really good.
|
|
#29
 2002-09-11, 07:27
|
likuidsmoke 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
Count Chocula, Frankenberry, BooBerry, and that mummy cereal.
IN THE SPIRIT OF THE PREVIOUS POST ABOUT DIFFERENT CEREALS
accociating teh universal monsters and a generic Caasper with ceral and marshmallows seems shallow but is actually a great marketing ploy twords kids of all ages. but to actaully want to enjoy the cartooonish attitude of these characters is almost enough to kill your morning appitite. now if they used the actual universal monsters then we might hava marketing sensation.
grade c+, A- if they would actually use the universal monsters for advertisments
|
|
#30
 2002-09-11, 14:06
|
Renegade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
Big up dah Cheerios massive.
Peace Renegade,
|
|
#31
 2002-09-12, 03:11
|
TheParkinator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
I always liked coco crispies. You know, The monkey named.. named.......... uh.. aw fuck. anyway I like that.
|
|
#32
 2002-09-12, 04:21
|
soda 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
stale honey combs
|
|
#33
 2002-09-12, 05:34
|
|
Regular
|
|
Downey California
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
Suddenly, I find BSK sexy. Let�s �hook up�
|
|
#34
 2002-09-12, 06:06
|
volcomblunt 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
YOU and the CAP'N make it HAPPEN~!!!
|
|
#35
 2002-09-12, 08:55
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
you first ...
|
|
#36
 2002-09-12, 20:12
|
tomorowyourdead 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
anyone remember that cereal that like had a liquid inside the center that was great
|
|
#37
 2002-09-12, 22:42
|
nihon_dude 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
I love me some apple jacks!!!!
|
|
#38
 2002-09-12, 23:17
|
MaTrIXSpiirit 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
THE BEST OF THE BEST:
"HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS, with strawberries"
MMMMMMM!!!
"I don't even know why I'm posting here"
-=MaTrIXSpirit=-
|
|
#39
 2002-09-18, 22:17
|
Agent Boris_KGB 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
Never get the generic shit.....Fruity pebbles are awesome....
|
|
#40
 2002-09-18, 23:52
|
THE SOLAR SUN 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
CORN POPS #1 apple jacks #2
|
|
#41
 2002-09-19, 02:35
|
rgm576 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
count chaucula whenever its out i stock up
|
|
#42
 2002-09-19, 03:42
|
CDG 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
Lucky Charms, Oreo-O's
|
|
#43
 2002-09-19, 18:01
|
PumpAction Pimp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
how can you not like cornpops!! cornpops are fucking awsome. if i ever eat cereal its usually lucky charms or cornpops.
|
|
#44
 2002-09-19, 23:07
|
moracca 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoKIE CRISP
|
|
#45
 2002-09-20, 14:45
|
Gizmo3747 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Favourite cereal?
Crispix in ice cold milk, Rice crispes cheerios and Chex(original wheat)
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|