About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-08, 13:04
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Scott Ritter on CNN this morning.

Don't know how many of you remember the name, he was the guy who was the head weapons inspector for the UN back when they were inspecting sites in Iraq before Saddam threw everybody out.

He was on CNN this morning, and his message was radically different than when he was in Iraq the first time. Then he said that Iraq was equipping for weapons of mass destruction, now he says Iraq already has been disarmed 90 to 95%, and the US is just using the WOMD threat as a reason to invade.

The guy is an ex-marine, and he was entirely believable when he talked about what they were doing in Iraq. Now, he is still believable, and it bothers me. If what he says it true, Dubya is about to rain down armageddon on people who don't deserve it, all to 'get Saddam' when the guy isn't doing what the "G" says he is.

Don't flip out, I'm no Saddam lover, he deserves to get shanked for what he did to his own people, but I can't stand the thought that my government is lying to me and the world, all so some Texas oil buddies can turn a dime.
 #2 
Old 2002-09-08, 14:17
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Scott Ritter on CNN this morning.

[sarcasim]Bush has been lying to us? I had no idea. I can't beleive it.[/sarcasim]
 #3 
Old 2002-09-08, 21:16
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scott Ritter on CNN this morning.

He may be believeable, but If Saddam is dismantling all his WMD like he claims, why doesn't he let inspectors in? "The proof is in the doing, not the saying"
 #4 
Old 2002-09-08, 21:22
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scott Ritter on CNN this morning.

I agree with Joe.

Where did Scott Ritter get all of this "new" information since he isn't there to find it. I question the credibility of Mr. Ritter now.

Nox
 #5 
Old 2002-09-08, 21:41
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scott Ritter on CNN this morning.

quote:
Originally posted by Nox:
I agree with Joe.

Where did Scott Ritter get all of this "new" information since he isn't there to find it. I question the credibility of Mr. Ritter now.

Nox



Mr. Ritter has been "in-country" for some time, his news conference came from Baghdad. As for what JB said, after the way things have been playing out, I can see where there may have been a grain of truth in what Saddam was saying about how the UN inspectors may have been stacked against him.

Don't freak on me, I don't like the guy any more than you, but lately I have begun to question anything said by anyone in the white house.
 #6 
Old 2002-09-08, 22:44
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scott Ritter on CNN this morning.

I understand your point.

Remember Peter Arnat of CNN fame? People believed him too. Is Ritter the new Arnat?

Nox
 #7 
Old 2002-09-08, 23:10
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scott Ritter on CNN this morning.

I remember Arnat, but I don't recall what he said that you refer to.

I'm not saying to take Ritter's word that there aren't any WOMD, but he was leaning on the Iraqis hard before Saddam threw everybody out, and he was adamant about what he perceived to be a massive weapons program. Now he goes back into the country, looks around, and states without reservation that there isn't a WOMD program anymore. I don't think he would say that if the Iraqis had stopped him from going into even one area. He didn't seem to be the type of guy who could be bought, and if he was pressured, it would have been from the US side, not the Iraqis, they hold no leverage.

Now on CNN today I see damn near everybody from the Bush cabinet spinning the 'get Saddam' message, and when I look around, the only people who are with us are the British and the Israelis. I wonder why the rest of the entire world says "back off", and Dubya keeps saying go, go, go! There is a lot that isn't being told, and even more that is being poo-poohed, and that bothers me.
 #8 
Old 2002-09-09, 00:48
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scott Ritter on CNN this morning.

quote:
Originally posted by Global Dominator:
I remember Arnat, but I don't recall what he said that you refer to.


Do you remember his "exclusive" from the burned out "baby milk" factory (whose sign was plainly written in English with no Arabic title) whose ashes were still smoldering? Arnat reaches down into the carbon ash and retrieves a pristine half-pint milk container and does his story on how the US planes "purposefully" bombed an innocent "baby milk factory". He was Saddam's puppet during the war. After the war he returned to this country and quickly faded into obscurity.

Nox
 #9 
Old 2002-09-09, 02:07
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scott Ritter on CNN this morning.

I always wonder with them continuously booting the inspectors out, they have had plenty of time to hide their WMD in other places, then open to inspectors again. However, he's there and I'm not, so I'm not saying anything is certain.
 #10 
Old 2002-09-09, 07:37
Hatred Keeps Me Alive Hatred Keeps Me Alive is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scott Ritter on CNN this morning.

Saddam did not throw out the inspectors.
 #11 
Old 2002-09-09, 12:15
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scott Ritter on CNN this morning.

Mr. Nox,

Ah, the "baby milk factory". Now I recall your reference. Probably the most hilarious bit of footage fluff to ever come out of the war. Looked like a Tomahawk hit, the way every piece of sheet steel was turned into a bowl. I would kill to have that sign up on my wall, I never laughed so hard in my life, you have to admit, nice penmanship on the sign though.

For the rest of the war I waited to see a few more signs like that. Maybe "old womans home" or "school for the mentally retarded", it would have made it all seem worthwhile.
 #12 
Old 2002-09-09, 14:56
freedomtakestime freedomtakestime is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scott Ritter on CNN this morning.

From Canada it seems obvious the only reason Iraq is being attacked instead of N.Korea(also axis of evil) is so oilmen bush/cheney
can grab the oil for their buds.

What's amazing is how stupid Americans are for not seeing this.
 #13 
Old 2002-09-09, 15:30
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scott Ritter on CNN this morning.

quote:
Originally posted by freedomtakestime:
From Canada it seems obvious the only reason Iraq is being attacked instead of N.Korea(also axis of evil) is so oilmen bush/cheney
can grab the oil for their buds.



Do you know anything about the Korean War (aka Police Action) 1950-1953? If you understood that situation, it might be a little more clear to you.

Nox
 #14 
Old 2002-09-09, 15:45
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scott Ritter on CNN this morning.

It all ends down to that any country is a threat. Weapons of mass distruction are only in saddams hands eh ? America has them aswell so we are a threat to the world. At the end of the day we are all at risk from a country and one another.

Peace Renegade,
 #15 
Old 2002-09-10, 05:17
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Scott Ritter on CNN this morning.

quote:
Originally posted by Hatred Keeps Me Alive:
Saddam did not throw out the inspectors.


Of course they didn't, they threw themselves out didn't they? *sarcasm

[This message has been edited by Joe Boo (edited 09-10-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics