About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-09-04, 19:44
Blaire Blaire is offline
Regular
 
Default Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

I just made this, but I cannot see it. I think "they" erased it.

Anyway my I dead was an All COMBAT AND CONCEPTS forum. EVERY THING ON FIGHTING MARTIAL ARTS>>>>>>EVERYTHING.
}{AND yes I do acknowledge the existence of
the weapons and combat forum that that one sucks , it is not enough, it is not correct.}{To much of the weopons part not enough Combat}{
 #2 
Old 2002-09-04, 20:21
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

would it be here? http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum3/HTML/004936.html
 #3 
Old 2002-09-04, 20:27
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

Could be.

There have been plenty of topics on martial arts and fighting in that forum. Why not start posting there about shit you want to talk about instead of crying about it?
 #4 
Old 2002-09-04, 20:57
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

Maybe this could help.

Its a selection of my favorite quotes from the hit 80's film "The Karate Kid".

John Kreese: Fear does not exist in this dojo, does it?!
Karate Student: No, Sensei!
John Kreese: Pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?!
Karate Student: No, Sensei!
John Kreese: Defeat does not exist in this dojo, does it?!
Karate Student: No, Sensei!

Daniel LaRusso: Could you teach me?
Miyagi: First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature rule, Daniel San, not mine.
Daniel LaRusso: Where'd you learn it from?
Miyagi: Father teach.
Daniel LaRusso: You musta had some father, Man.
Miyagi: Oh yes.

Some excellent lines.

Peace Renegade,


 #5 
Old 2002-09-04, 21:51
Blaire Blaire is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

Oh great , Karate kid.(just the kind of crap I needed......)

Well thankyou for the hostility, EVERYONE!


Just bringing up an Idea.

Fuck this I should have expressed it a bit more subtle.



[This message has been edited by Blaire (edited 09-04-2002).]
 #6 
Old 2002-09-04, 23:46
root root is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

Your topic was not erased -- I don't do that here. Some topics get moved to more appropriate areas -- like "Bitch and Moan" -- but that is not the case this time.

So you like hand to hand combat and you're more than a bit paranoid. Anything else we should know about you?


 #7 
Old 2002-09-05, 02:22
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

Enigma, I miss you not posting!.. I remember when you used to scathingly put down so many people.. like the time ~V demanded you erase everything you ever recorded about him..

*ahhh sigh*

those were the days...
 #8 
Old 2002-09-05, 06:26
Phantom Phantom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

Enigma is like a surgeon, he'll cut through a silly, pointless post with clinical accuracy and a textbook definition of wit. The only other person whose posts I enjoyed more was Lasangacide. I miss that nut.
 #9 
Old 2002-09-05, 08:58
Moderator
 
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

what about a kindergarden forum for the newbies?

This is the forum where you can tell everyone that he�s a fag, should fuck himself and that you�re the mod everyone has been waiting for. Make a looser list for the people that should be banned because of their gay world outlook. Here you can whine about how this board works and try everything out.
 #10 
Old 2002-09-05, 09:33
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

The Kindergarten for posting could be of some use to everyone we wouldnt get all these stupid mistakes people make they cant help it i know. But its best not to clog the arteries of Totse up.

Peace Renegade,
 #11 
Old 2002-09-07, 03:45
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

I miss winki. She had great posts, even if she did ramble.
 #12 
Old 2002-09-07, 11:30
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

 #13 
Old 2002-09-07, 14:33
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

/me jumps on winki

hey hey hey, I missed you!
 #14 
Old 2002-09-07, 17:53
Moderator
 
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

*slurp*

totse burger ...
 #15 
Old 2002-09-08, 11:49
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

HOLY CRAP does this mean she's coming back?
 #16 
Old 2002-09-08, 14:48
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

Ah Winki, just the person I've been hoping would pop back.

I need to talk to you about getting permission to use your contributions to the 44-D's thread from the VogonPoetry forum: I'd like to put that thread to music. I already have permission from Neon to use his stuff, and the rest I won't bother with as it [mostly] wasn't all that good.

So, how 'bout it? You can just e-mail me, please [not that I plan to make money off of it - haven't made a cent in over 15 years, but then again it is just a hobby].

[This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 09-08-2002).]
 #17 
Old 2002-09-09, 18:16
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

Holy hooters batman, go for it, there is a vague sense of mortified dread creeping toward my minds eye so I'd better close this window and go do something else. Coming back? Never!! I know when I'm fully appreciated in my entirety...then I still live here....y'all are lucky as i shouldn't happen to a dog, or a cat ....perhaps. Anyway, look for me when you see me
*~*~Much Love To All*~*~
 #18 
Old 2002-09-09, 18:41
Mack Mack is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

Thats a good idea but we have WAC forum,

yes a lot of discussion about hand weapons, but I dont know, some guys know a few things about martial arts and there were some good discussions.

This would be a good idea, but if its not done, its ok also. Then nobody is going to start a topic like, A HAND IS A WEAPON.
 #19 
Old 2002-09-09, 19:22
Phantom Phantom is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

Blaire, simple lesson in Totse ubb. If no one cares about a topic, it goes down to the next page after enough topics are created in front of it.
Nobody erased your post because nobody cared.
 #20 
Old 2002-09-09, 22:33
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Dammit was it my topic erased...Post for an All Fighting and ConceptsForum

quote:
Originally posted by winki:
Holy hooters batman, go for it.

[snip]

Anyway, look for me when you see me
*~*~Much Love To All*~*~



Ah, a most gracious "Thank You" to you. I will make sure that you both get to hear it as soon as it's done.

This is good; it's another boost of incentive and inspiration that I need to finish this latest project.

Ideally, I'd like to get you and Neon to do vocal for your respective parts, but I'm already at risk of this project being too complicated: It is going to be mixed in real surround sound with a 3D cover for the CD.

Now, in typical Metaphysicist fashion, come some stuff that is not essential to the post, yet is related. That which makes people think I get paid by the word here.

So, for those who find it all boring and a waste of space: You may go to the next post as the main point has been made.

To those who just can't wait for the next installment of "As Metaphysicist Yammers On", and all in between: I shall now explain why I seem so hyped up:


Actually I've decided to edit this post and make the rest of it a thread of it's own. That way I don't terminally bore folks here, and I won't have wasted the time and effort it took to type it.

In it's own thread people can just avoid it all together - or not, as the fancy strikes them.

Anyway, thank Winki - [and Neon]


[This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 09-09-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics