About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-31, 23:51
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Why has greece banned computer games

every type has been banned!!!

why?
http://www.gameland.gr/
http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_politics_100020_30/05/2002_17011

[This message has been edited by piggarro99 (edited 09-01-2002).]
 #2 
Old 2002-09-01, 01:46
clueless_civilian clueless_civilian is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

c'mon guys... hit the link. It only takes a few minutes to sign and it is a noble cause.
 #3 
Old 2002-09-01, 01:47
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

Well... I'm never moving to Greece now.
 #4 
Old 2002-09-01, 02:03
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

talk about a reason to rise and revolt, and to think im still pissed that marijuana's illegal, walk past an alley late at night "pssssst hey buddy, wanna buy ff8?" god damn!!
 #5 
Old 2002-09-01, 04:18
Township Rebellion Township Rebellion is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

quote:
Originally posted by ScorchedWeasel:
talk about a reason to rise and revolt, and to think im still pissed that marijuana's illegal, walk past an alley late at night "pssssst hey buddy, wanna buy ff8?" god damn!!


no shit! what a bunch of facsist idiots! I hope the people in power in Greece Die a nasty, Slow death.
 #6 
Old 2002-09-01, 05:27
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

thanks to babel fish Im going to make a shitload of money on ebay.
 #7 
Old 2002-09-01, 05:46
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

quote:
Originally posted by Township Rebellion:
no shit! what a bunch of facsist idiots! I hope the people in power in Greece Die a nasty, Slow death.


As a Greek-American, I am VERY ashamed at the malakas(jerkoffs) and morons who govern the beautiful land of Elladha. Ever since they got into that European Union and EuroDollar bullshit, Greece is losing its cultural identity. All the govt. wants to do is kiss the asses of those money-hungry Western European powers. The govt. there are a bunch of vlacas(jackasses). I love the land and seas of Greece. To the govt., I say Ay gamisou mounia (fuck you pussys). Bring the Drachma back!!! Fuck the EU and their shitty money!!!! I hope you all enjoyed your Greek lessons for the day. Kalinikta(goodnight)!
 #8 
Old 2002-09-01, 06:05
ardene ardene is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

they even banned the brain food games like chess and puzzles they should at least kepp the educational programs like that.althou then the would be as smart as the japenese but not in a artifical world
 #9 
Old 2002-09-01, 06:48
FuckAuthority FuckAuthority is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

pssht hey, KamikazePimp i got FF8 for 200$
 #10 
Old 2002-09-01, 12:15
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

i dont get the fact that greece wants money. but it will now strangle the booming business it has.

in two short words, i shall convey my feelings...

FUCKING COCKS
 #11 
Old 2002-09-01, 14:47
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

I'd like to thank Kamikaze for bestowing upon us those wonderful Greek curses. I always enjoy being able to insult others in different languages.
 #12 
Old 2002-09-01, 14:48
MR.SMITH MR.SMITH is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

Greece also has dress codes for driving. You can get arrested for not dressing up to go to the 7/11. They dont want thier people to play video games, munch on snacks and get obese. Not that im saying that always happens, or that i agree with the law, i just think thats why.
 #13 
Old 2002-09-01, 17:11
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

At the end of the day i think we could all easily live without a console and a game. I know there will be that guy who'll say im gunna slit my wrists if i dont get my daily fix of the PS2. But think about it and really think about it would life be better without the X Box, PSX, Nintendo ?

Peace Renegade,
 #14 
Old 2002-09-01, 17:11
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
At the end of the day i think we could all easily live without a console and a game. I know there will be that guy who'll say im gunna slit my wrists if i dont get my daily fix of the PS2. But think about it and really think about it would life be better without the X Box, PSX, Nintendo ?

Peace Renegade,
 #15 
Old 2002-09-01, 17:22
Evil Duckiez Evil Duckiez is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

Ok, I got a question now.

How many people are actually going to want to live in Greece, when those vlacas (jackasses) are running it?

They want money but they tear down something that has means to be the biggest money-maker in thier country..well next to olives and all that.
I was there this summer, but now I'm not so sure if I ever want to go back, screw the Parthanon I want Video games..

I'm half Greek but right now all I have to say is...

Fuckin' Facsist Beaurocrats!

Evil Duckiez rock,
 #16 
Old 2002-09-01, 17:40
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

It's sad that people can be that clueless...

even in these harsh economic times, for example, the gaming industry is showing consistent growth.. any government that neglects the wishes of it's peoples, and the well being of it's peoples, won't stay a government for very long..
 #17 
Old 2002-09-02, 02:31
KamikazePimp KamikazePimp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

quote:
Originally posted by xenosss:
I'd like to thank Kamikaze for bestowing upon us those wonderful Greek curses. I always enjoy being able to insult others in different languages.


Anytime. Here's some more.
kane mou pipa = suck my dick
poutana = whore
fiye malaka = go away jerkoff!!!
kolobaros = guy who likes it up the ass
as to thialo = go to hell
Segrafa sta archidia mu - I write that on my balls (bullshit)!

enjoy and fuck the puppet govt of Greece and the dickhole puppetmaster (EU)
 #18 
Old 2002-09-02, 03:20
SomeEverydayNobody SomeEverydayNobody is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

Has this not occured to anyone? Games are freely [be it legally or not] distributed throughout the internet. In two minutes I can begin downloading any game I want. Get a good P2P like kazaa and youre set! How in the hell are they going to know whether a PC has a game on it or not?

[sarcasm]I see this lasting a really long time![/sarcasm]
 #19 
Old 2002-09-02, 03:41
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

Greece has their Moral Priorities all fucked up.

They ban computer games but Headenism is widely accepted in the catholic nation.

I dont get it.
 #20 
Old 2002-09-02, 04:14
michelobe4me michelobe4me is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tr0g:
[B]Greece has their Moral Priorities all fucked up.


Thats what im screaming ! A country that promotes men to oil up get naked and wrestle each other in public, makes you dress nice to go shopping! Then they tell you what you can and cant do to your poor little helpless confused minds? What a bunch of mentally twisted bastards! I think they all may be suffering from a case of cerebral rectal inversion!(head up ass )
 #21 
Old 2002-09-02, 04:16
michelobe4me michelobe4me is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

Hey does this mean no more rock -n roll music too? that would really bite dude!
 #22 
Old 2002-09-02, 22:29
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

Did anyone see that China has blocked Google?
 #23 
Old 2002-09-03, 01:24
TOWCHBob TOWCHBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

they're only banning all games because they are to lazy to try and ban gambling games specificly. They don't want to have to determine which ones are harmless, and which ones are gambling games. Pathetic.
 #24 
Old 2002-09-03, 22:56
Vicodin Vicodin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

...only problem i have with the greeks is the fact that they own every friggin' italian restaurant from here to the pacific northwest. sometimes i just don't wanna see baklava on the menu. it always starts me obsessing about finding a long, thick, coarse black hair in my alfredo and it ruins the meal.
 #25 
Old 2002-09-04, 06:59
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Why has greece banned computer games

I think its just that italians aren't that good with money or something, cause youre right about the greeks. The big Italian restaraunt in portland, la bella napoli, is owned by a ted papas.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics