About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-28, 02:05
deptstoremook deptstoremook is offline
Regular
 
Default Friends...

First of all, I'm not sure if this should be here or in the sex/affection forum, but here seems like a safer bet...

Ok down to business...In order to get a fresh start on my school career (I'm going into high school) I've pretty much given up on all my friends...they were getting to be a bore anyway.

But what really did it was that one of these people (we can just call him Paul, because that's his name) had the nerve to insult me :\ now generally I'm reasonable, and I'm usually a pacifist, but this just did it, for reasons that don't really matter. So I have a few options: should I let it go, should I beat his ass, or should I get into a huge flame war.

Also, (I know this varies but a general answer would be cool) would not having any really close friends have any damage on my psyche? I'm not a very sociable person by nature, so I don't think it would matter, but have there been multi-million dollar studies done that prove me wrong?

thanks !
 #2 
Old 2002-08-28, 02:40
Galvaplex Galvaplex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Friends...

If he annoys you, beat his sorry ass. Friends only backstab you in the end anyway.
 #3 
Old 2002-08-28, 02:50
MR.SMITH MR.SMITH is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Friends...

'But what really did it was that one of these people (we can just call him Paul, because that's his name) had the nerve to insult me'

I insult my friends all the time, and they insult me back. What could he have said that was so horrible?

'Friends only backstab you in the end anyway.'

Bullshit, ive had a best freind for 10 years, sure weve had fights, but he will always ALWAYS be my best friend...
 #4 
Old 2002-08-28, 05:05
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Friends...

Dude, you sound a lot like I see myself. Now if you're intelligent, use that to your advantage. I love making people look stupid, and if they want to start a fight, dont hestitate, drop his ass, he wont expect it. See, heres the problem, you see two people about to get into a fight and their talkin shit back and forth until a teacher comes, but if he says something, and you turn around and drop him, its done, just knock his ass down, its pretty funny to see it done.
 #5 
Old 2002-08-28, 05:16
Regular
 
somewhere up there
Default Re: Friends...

I think good friends are there to support you and give help in times of need. Also you can share your troubles with them etc etc. What I'm getting at is that I don't think you really need friends,but it pays to know some people especially when you get out into the real world.

-Friends....who needs em'

-laterz

 #6 
Old 2002-08-28, 08:10
some_crazy_fool some_crazy_fool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Friends...

" a true freind stabes you in the chest"
oscar wilde
 #7 
Old 2002-08-28, 12:37
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Friends...

If he insulted you knowing that it would leave you annoyed he wasnt a friend.

Peace Renegade,
 #8 
Old 2002-08-28, 15:13
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Friends...

quote:
Originally posted by deptstoremook:
Also, (I know this varies but a general answer would be cool) would not having any really close friends have any damage on my psyche?


Not really, I think it's better than being dependant on other people. You'll see people all the time that do not have their own personality. They do what their friends do, dress like them, talk like them, and don't go anywhere without them. The way I see it, if you have close friends, good. Just don't get all bent out of shape if they do something fucked up to you. They're only human, which is about the least loyal creature there is. I'm not telling you to be an anti social fucker that hates everyone, just don't get too close to people that will most likely stab you in the back to look cool or to get laid.
 #9 
Old 2002-08-28, 17:54
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Friends...

Those people are associates, not friends. My true friends I can count on 1 hand and still have fingers left over. Those are the ones that are always there with you reguardless of circumstances.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Magneto (edited 08-28-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-08-28, 23:25
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Friends...

Yeah, I am sort of like Dark Magneto, I have lots of "associates" or just "people I party with sometimes". I have a few really good friends though. And I don't think not haveing these "associates" or whatever you want to call them is gonna hurt you any. Losing a real friend would, and you'd know it.
 #11 
Old 2002-08-28, 23:50
Knyfe Knyfe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Friends...

Yeah you should beat his ass because he called you a name, get arrested for assault, then never be able to get a job for the rest of your life because you have to check the "Have you ever been charged with a crime other than traffic violations?" box on all your applications. GOOD IDEA!! Seriously, fucking grow up - even an eighth grader should have more sense than this (even though I'm sure you just added that in hopes we thought you'd actually do it if we told you to).

I have two close friends other than my girlfriend, and one went into the air force and got shipped off to Hawaii(lucky bastard). However, There are plenty of people I speak to on an occasional basis, simply for the enjoyment of having a conversation. And I can tell you this, without people to converse with (in real life), confide in, and relate to, you'll end up leading a pretty pathetic life. Friends are the lifeblood of existence.

But, if you are willing to cut off all bonds with all of your friends over an idiotic junior high squabble, go ahead and try it.. See where it gets you. If you think everyone in high school is magically going to accept you because they've suddenly changed, you're wrong. Most of the kids in high school are just the same if not worse. I knew a girl that cut off all ties with everyone over her boyfriend, she'll probably end up killing herself when they break up.

I could say a lot more on this topic, I've been there, but if anything, your other friends should be there to listen and relate to you about the one who "insulted you"(OMG!). Taking out your frustration on them will only make high school hell for you, you'll have a reputation to overcome before you even begin your freshman year.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
 #12 
Old 2002-08-29, 01:03
Evil Duckiez Evil Duckiez is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Friends...

Yea yea I'm a newbie, but that's only because I only recently found this place, but I think my opinion should still count.

Friends, when friends insult you, never make a big fight about it, don't kick thier ass, who ever mentioned the 8th grader thing is right. That was pretty much my thought entirely. My advice is this, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger. Walking away makes you look like a pansie...no offence. If the insult was harsh enough to piss you off then yes just say a harsh fuck you and walk away but if it was just a little thing then put it behind you and ignore it, they won't be expecting that either. get it? probably not because i ddint get it
 #13 
Old 2002-08-29, 03:22
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: Friends...

quote:
Two wrongs don't make a right.


Ah, but three rights make a left...
 #14 
Old 2002-08-29, 03:46
MaTrIXSpiirit MaTrIXSpiirit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Friends...

There are no such things as friends in Jr. High. Or true ones at least. Your just too young.

-=MaTrIXSpirit=-
 #15 
Old 2002-08-29, 08:13
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Friends...

I disagree with that. You can have real friends at any age.
 #16 
Old 2002-08-29, 09:54
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Friends...

I have quite a few associates. These people get you what you need or are sometimes just good to have a chat with.

Peace Renegade,
 #17 
Old 2002-08-29, 14:22
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Friends...

I just make fun of people's actions and words to make me feel suprior to them.
 #18 
Old 2002-08-29, 18:03
draco666999 draco666999 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Friends...

goin into high skool huh
just remember start smokin weed everyday at lunch
 #19 
Old 2002-08-29, 22:05
bentintwisted bentintwisted is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Friends...

Deptstoremook....

What a little fuckwit you are.
I'm suprised you actually had any friends to start with.
Needless to say they'll all be much happier and more successful in their OWN 'school carrers' without your sorry little ass dragging them down into the cesspit of self worship that you no doubtedly inhabit.
What do you suppose the answer should be to such an inconsequential question?
Find some androids to lick your ass...
You are a stranger to reciprocity....
Find someone elses' time to waste.
 #20 
Old 2002-08-30, 17:48
braindead braindead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Friends...

who needs friends? everyone is losers, except me.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics