About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-22, 02:58
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

This is an email i sent to the director of "The Disclosure Project"
http://www.disclosureproject.com

I think its worth looking into. We need to get the info out to the people

Here is my email

tr0g wrote:



How can i take this stuff serious when it clearly looks as if you're making a business for profit out of all of this.


Debbie Wrote:

From: Disclosure Project Webmaster <webmaster@disclosureproject.org>
Reply-To: webmaster@disclosureproject.org

Subject: Re: Disclosure Project
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 19:40:59 -0400

There is no profit being made, and there's not even enough money for us to get paid much for working 12 or more hours a day.

We are merely asking for support to do the work, and feel that a grassroots level is the best way to do this. If we were getting a lot of money we wouldn't have to keep asking for money.

I hope you understand. If you have sent in donations, or bought books/videos etc, we really appreciate that, but it's not like we are getting overwhelmed with orders or donations.

Best wishes,

Debbie


My next reponse
tr0g wrote:

Debbie. Im glad I got a personal response and not a form letter. Would you please respond to me one more time.

I have been interested in the subject of UFOs when the rumors of Buzz Alderin himself came forward. But many skeptical people claimed he was just trying to get a book deal. We need credible people such as Former CIA staff members, Government workers, Police, Fire, Military and Doctors themselves to come forth.

I was on your site and noticed your asking in the ballpark of 20 dollars for your VHS but it only takes around 4 dollars per copy and label to print and package VHS. So when I saw 20 dollars I viewed that as a profit. You cant blame me for being the way I am. Im very serious about finding the truth. On your demo video stream, the man told the media that this was not a commercial product. But all I got to see was the M.C. himself speak and then the demo ends. Dont be offended by this because I really want to believe and am Willing to order some information if it helps. But being that I dont know you personally i have to say if this was fraudulant this would most likely be considered a crime in some way. So Im sure you guys wouldnt dare put your reputations at risk like that. May I ask who exactly you have speaking on these videos. Anyone that can be confirmed as former Government/Military officials?

thanks for responding Debbie. and as a footnote I doubt an entire town in Ohio including the entire police force could have fabricated such a story of UFOs. You guys should focuse on that as well in your project.


Debbies response:

Hi Tony,


you can see a sampling of quotes from several of the witnesses on the web site at www.disclosureproject.org/GreatestSecret.htm
Yes, these are only government and military people, and what we're trying to effect is really a defacto government disclosure, with people who have documents that support where they were during the incident they are testifying about, and some even have video, such as the FAA Division Chief of Accidents, John Callahan.

The money we get from people ordering these products is our main source of funding other than from donations, which are spurrious. So, yes we do make a profit on selling videos and books, but again that is how we pay the bills. It is a nonprofit organization.
We have the letter showing that posted on the web site, under the About Us part of the menu at the top of the page.

We do research in contact with ET intelligence, also, as part of CSETI (www.cseti.org), of which Disclosure Project is one of the projects.
So, we have seen a lot of things ourselves, but that's not the hard evidence that is needed for disclosure.

Best wishes,

Debbie

 #2 
Old 2002-08-22, 04:24
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

Do your part to search for extraterestials with the seti@home software.

People who disbeleive in aliens are idiots. The odds are so far in favor of it. Them contacting us is a different matter though...
 #3 
Old 2002-08-22, 06:51
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

quote:

People who disbeleive in aliens are idiots. The odds are so far in favor of it.



What ever happened to "doesn't exist until proven otherwise"? If there was proof that aliebs existed, and I mean hard unambiguous proof, I would be first in line to accept the existence of aliens as fact.

Personally, I think something extsts out there, some form of intellegent life. If intellegent life happened here, it's logically concievable that it could happen elsewhere. I don't know whether they have actually been here before, but it's a definate possibility.
 #4 
Old 2002-08-22, 14:28
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

Why would all these people come forth? The only thing i could think of is it would give them exposiers for book deals. but other then that what would bring all these former scientist, doctors, high brass military officers and former CIA agent forth to talk about their personal knowledge and experiences with ETs?

and im not even sure any of these guys are selling books. Although I suppose if it were me and I had the oportunity to make thousands or even a million bucks I guess i would do it knowing we are all greedy fuckers at heart. But that just discredits your story.
 #5 
Old 2002-08-22, 14:48
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

Why did so many people come froward with tales of angels?
 #6 
Old 2002-08-22, 15:11
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

Has anyone here ever seen a UFO?
 #7 
Old 2002-08-22, 15:31
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

quote:
Originally posted by Z3m:
Why did so many people come froward with tales of angels?


You dont believe in the possibility of spirits?

I believe in angels.
 #8 
Old 2002-08-22, 15:32
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus:
Has anyone here ever seen a UFO?


I never seen air but i know it exists.
 #9 
Old 2002-08-22, 16:54
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

Actually, you do percieve air... If it vanished, you'd notice.

Angels I do not believe in. My understanding of Kabala and early middle eastern/european alchemy has lead me to scoff at religious scripture. I see too clearly the metaphor and, as such, don't take words literally.

I have seen UFOs. I've seen hundreds. None of them were aliens or alien space craft, however.
 #10 
Old 2002-08-22, 18:11
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

Even if I wasnt religious I would still believe in spirits because energy never dies.
 #11 
Old 2002-08-22, 18:23
XeNobiTe XeNobiTe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

quote:
Originally posted by tr0g:
Even if I wasnt religious I would still believe in spirits because energy never dies.


That was a pretty stupid statement. OK OK first explain in your own words what a spirit is, before I continue.
 #12 
Old 2002-08-22, 19:03
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

There is enough electricity in the human brain to power a 10 watt light bulb. Laws of physics state that energy can neither be created or destroyed, it only changes form. I believe that one explanation of "spirits" is that sometimes the energy stays behind in the form of the thoughts of the person's brain who left it. This would explain many phenomena involving ghosts, etc. This is just a theory and not based on many facts, but it seems reasonable to me.

Is this what you were trying to say tr0g?
 #13 
Old 2002-08-22, 19:37
Regular
 
nowhere in particular
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

"Personally, I think something extsts out there, some form of intellegent life."

so what you're saying dark is you believe in an extra-terrestrial intelligence.
 #14 
Old 2002-08-23, 06:06
Ironz Ironz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

I read this post. Then I realized I never saw Signs, so I downloaded that movie. Now I'm kinda paranoiod and creeped out. Good thing I live where the corn don't grow

Ironz
 #15 
Old 2002-08-23, 07:47
gourangachild gourangachild is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

quote:
Originally posted by Z3m:
Actually, you do percieve air... If it vanished, you'd notice.


Maybe if there are aliens and they suddenly vanished we would notice. Or spirits. Or anything, for that matter. I didn't think much of our Japanese maple tree until it vanished. You could almost fool someone inexperienced enough if...

Yeah, my mom claims that she saw a UFO once. But she was drinking that night, and it was pretty late. Others saw it, too (I don't know if they were drinking). I honestly wonder what she saw. I think it'd be pretty exciting to see something hovering over a pond like that.
 #16 
Old 2002-08-23, 08:08
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

quote:
Originally posted by Canyonero:
There is enough electricity in the human brain to power a 10 watt light bulb. Laws of physics state that energy can neither be created or destroyed, it only changes form. I believe that one explanation of "spirits" is that sometimes the energy stays behind in the form of the thoughts of the person's brain who left it. This would explain many phenomena involving ghosts, etc. This is just a theory and not based on many facts, but it seems reasonable to me.

Is this what you were trying to say tr0g?



That is one of many theorys, and a personal favorite.
 #17 
Old 2002-08-23, 09:31
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

You showed me the "disclosure project" before trog and i still since then i am intrigued. This seems really genuine and i want to believe. I know its true but still i await the day of hard evidence.

Peace Renegade,
 #18 
Old 2002-08-23, 11:29
Galvaplex Galvaplex is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

I saw a UFO once, a few years ago. It's a scary experience.
 #19 
Old 2002-08-23, 16:33
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

I saw a glowing ball of fire go from west to east. Most meterorites come in east to west (not always) this thing was moving real slow. Some people some months before saw something simular. the official explination back then was Livermore Labs was testing rockets. Since when do we launch rockets on the west coast over populated areas?
 #20 
Old 2002-08-23, 17:04
ChibiMiko ChibiMiko is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

Im getting pissed at the major miss usage of UFO's, They stand for Unidentifed Flying Object, THAT CAN BE ANYTHING it could be a fourin fighter jet, could be a fucked up looking bird, could be a rock that got flinged into the air somehow, if its casted airborn and not known what it is it is in fact a UFO....

SO CALL THEM FUCKING SPACE SHIPS!

I for one belive in aliens, but I'm open minded on it, I think maybe aliens never ever really came to earth and it was all fake, or that there are is primitive as us and couldent make a intersteller space ship...

-Chibi

-I'm bored........
 #21 
Old 2002-08-23, 17:09
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

quote:
Originally posted by gourangachild:
Maybe if there are aliens and they suddenly vanished we would notice. Or spirits. Or anything, for that matter. I didn't think much of our Japanese maple tree until it vanished. You could almost fool someone inexperienced enough if...


Air is defined and measurable. "Aliens" and "spirits" are not. So no, you're wrong.
 #22 
Old 2002-08-24, 03:14
Mr. Roboto Mr. Roboto is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

Does an intelligent life exsist somewhere else? Most likely.

Have we made contact with them? Of course not.

There is no way that we would be the aggresor in our diplomatic exchanges with beings that have learned to manipulate time and most likely space in ways that we have never even thought of.

 #23 
Old 2002-08-24, 05:57
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: UFOs are Real. Support the Disclosure Project

quote:
Originally posted by IzzyReele:

so what you're saying dark is you believe in an extra-terrestrial intelligence.



I'm saying it's definately possible and most likely if you consider the law of probability and factor in that we are intellegent beings.

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics