About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-21, 19:48
Regular
 
The land of milk and honey
Default Food forum?

I love food, everyone does. Why don't we make a food forum, where people can swap recipies, talk about food they like etc...

Anyway, I just wen't to some french restaurant and had a whole crab, mmmmmmm. there was garlic butter to dip, and all kinds of crazy tools to get the meat out of the crab.
 #2 
Old 2002-08-21, 19:56
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Food forum?

Shut up you fat fuck....Im only joking....or am I?......
 #3 
Old 2002-08-21, 20:02
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Food forum?

I dunno i think people here arnt really looking for food recipes. Sure people here talk about there favorite drink, but is it that popular we need a forum on food. Dont get me wrong i think it does have the possibilites to work but im not sure. Hmmmm

Peace Renegade,
 #4 
Old 2002-08-21, 20:11
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Food forum?

Hey there was a fourm entitled 'better than sex' but enigma took it off along with anime.Hey how long do you think mad scientists will go for and im actually surprised that the poetry fourm is on here.

bero xopowero

Boris
 #5 
Old 2002-08-21, 20:11
r0k r0k is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Food forum?

there used to be one and it failed horribly i think there was only like 125 posts
 #6 
Old 2002-08-21, 20:13
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Food forum?

better than sex was about food if you didnt understand....

Boris
 #7 
Old 2002-08-21, 20:22
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Food forum?

i hope that mad scientists thrives.
 #8 
Old 2002-08-21, 20:23
Regular
 
The land of milk and honey
Default Re: Food forum?

Hmmm, I guess I got here after better than sex got taken down. Anyway, food may be good, but not better than sex. Mmmm,now I can't stop thinking about having sex while chewing on a nice fatty, buttery, juicy piece of stake. Then you could eat some pussy and get some some tasty vaginal juices in the mix. Man that would be so good, unless you choked.
 #9 
Old 2002-08-21, 20:36
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Food forum?

quote:
Originally posted by r0k:
there used to be one and it failed horribly i think there was only like 125 posts


vogon poetry has 124...
 #10 
Old 2002-08-21, 22:17
Templeton Templeton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Food forum?

quote:
Originally posted by Agent Boris_KGB:
vogon poetry has 124...


That is because enigma just trimmed all the forums...
http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum1/HTML/000016.html

 #11 
Old 2002-08-21, 22:24
J.C. Stanton J.C. Stanton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Food forum?

Like he says, we used to have a food forum. No one used it.

Sad, but true.

J.C.
 #12 
Old 2002-08-21, 23:03
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Food forum?

Better Then Sex was the sports forum. I was the one to ask for the first food forum, I used it. Now it's gone...
 #13 
Old 2002-08-22, 00:24
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Food forum?

We need a sports fourm!


Boris
 #14 
Old 2002-08-22, 03:18
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Food forum?

To sum it up, we had one. Not enough people used it.
 #15 
Old 2002-08-22, 03:23
gourangachild gourangachild is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Food forum?

I used the food forum once. Favorite chili. People do like food. But since not that many really post on the topic, it was closed. The thought is that if once in a great while someone wanted to post something about food (and this also goes for sports) then they could simply start a thread in the Spurious Generalities forum. Hey, I'd read it. But to create a forum that would only get maybe two new threads a week probably isn't worth it. (personally, DIY should go down, too) Or we could bring them back, it really wouldn't hurt anything.

Armchair Quarterback used to be the sports forum, too.
 #16 
Old 2002-08-22, 10:11
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: Food forum?

"Eat Me!" was the old food forum.
 #17 
Old 2002-08-22, 10:15
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Food forum?

we do need a sports forum.. then we can finally talk football with other gooners...

the only subject i truly know well. english football.

but there are so many other sports we can talk about like hai alai, and what is that nasty spin off from rugby called????

oh hang on, american football :@
 #18 
Old 2002-08-22, 14:59
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Food forum?

Fuck you. I don't see corporations paying $2 mil for 30 seconds of airtime during the rugby championship (whatever the hell it's called.)

The Detroit Lions may suck like a jet engine, but they still get sold out most of their games. I doubt rugby fans have that kind of loyalty.

[This message has been edited by Prometheus (edited 08-22-2002).]
 #19 
Old 2002-08-23, 20:17
Regular
 
The land of milk and honey
Default Re: Food forum?

English rugby fans lacking loyalty? Thats the craziest thing I ever heard. They take the word "fanatic" farther than we north americans could understand. I bet you would'nt dare say those words at a rugby game.
 #20 
Old 2002-08-24, 05:22
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: Food forum?

I said "I doubt it." That is just my oppion based on knowing how far football fans go, but not having ever seen british rugby. The only rugby I ever watched was the high school teams, especialy the girls team.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics