About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-14, 08:18
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default why do people take drugs...

are there any other excuses from "recreation" and "to get away from it all"

or is it the short lived sense of euphoria.
 #2 
Old 2002-08-14, 09:48
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

I smoke pot because it stops my worrys and makes me very relaxed.

Peace Renegade,
 #3 
Old 2002-08-14, 10:56
Pikey_jay Pikey_jay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

Pot: Music sounds better, everything is generally more funny, relaxing.
Cocaine: Super confidence, I can drink like a demon.
Ecstasy: Mad euphoria, although the comedown is getting worse these days (I'm getting old)
They are generally my drugs of choice anything else is either for experimental purposes or just for a different buzz.
 #4 
Old 2002-08-14, 14:16
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

Everyone uses drugs. Some use certain ones because they feel nice, give them an interesting afternoon, or take them away from problems.

I've recently fallen into a hole of using carisoprodol again to self-medicate my anxiety. My doctor thinks I'm a liar and I reported something that the pharmaceutical company had never heard of... Sometimes I think I'm watching myself grow apart.
 #5 
Old 2002-08-14, 18:21
Moderator
 
Facedown in the shag rug.
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

Some people take drugs just because they are enjoyable. This is certainly ok as long as it's done responsibly.

Others take drugs to cope with problems. This is fine if the drugs actually treat the problem, but generally bad if it's just an escape.

Some take drugs for spiritual reasons. Too many use this as an excuse, though.

Most people initially use drugs for social reasons or just because they're curious. They continue taking them for one of the other reasons.

Nearly everyone uses drugs in some form. Not necessarily a bad or a good thing, despite what the government tries to tell you.

For me, it's either for social or pleasure use. I enjoy getting stoned with friends, or tripping out with some good music on.
 #6 
Old 2002-08-14, 19:02
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

one day when i get the munchies, im going to realize that my brain on drugs is a frying egg, and then im gonna eat it.
 #7 
Old 2002-08-14, 19:04
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

eating brain reminds me of the first "blood game" has anyone ever played it?
 #8 
Old 2002-08-14, 19:22
louis louis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

its just the short lived sense of euphoria
also all of the above about how generally everything is much better and you stop giving a shit
its something to spend money on
they are fun
im guessing you are not a drug taker but why do you need to ask people aobut it?
if you have never taken any supposedly harmful drugs then i suggest thast you try some
you only have one life, so why not try everything
 #9 
Old 2002-08-14, 19:32
razorlines razorlines is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

Marijuana makes school fun for me..whenever i can get it..and its been a while...
 #10 
Old 2002-08-14, 19:42
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

because of peer pressure
 #11 
Old 2002-08-14, 20:05
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

i have spent too long looking at the pictures of young girls red veins that ruptured due to heroin, and cocaine over doses that leave you in a pool of your own blood.

pictures of black lungs with hair on it is a good one to look at as well if you want to give up nicoteen...

sadly i am a servant to alcohol, so i guess it is sclerocis of the liver for me...

i want to know because everyone knows they are a hazard yet people do them
 #12 
Old 2002-08-14, 20:16
razorlines razorlines is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

Seeing black lungs makes me want a ciggerete...
 #13 
Old 2002-08-14, 21:09
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

I think marijuana is there for the school days.

Acid is there for the mad days

Ecstasy is there for the mental days

Coke is there for the rich days

Heroin is there for the fuckt up days

And im here all day.

Peace Renegade,
 #14 
Old 2002-08-14, 21:11
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

quote:
Originally posted by Z3m:
Everyone uses drugs. Some use certain ones because they feel nice, give them an interesting afternoon, or take them away from problems.

I've recently fallen into a hole of using carisoprodol again to self-medicate my anxiety. My doctor thinks I'm a liar and I reported something that the pharmaceutical company had never heard of... Sometimes I think I'm watching myself grow apart.



Why do people take Zoloft? It doesnt get me high but it makes me talk to the ceiling. I actually never talked to myself out loud and now I have conversations and my family thinks im nuts. The Zoloft made me part skitzoid.

At what point are you crazy when you talk to yourself anyways. Everyone does it to some degree. But when you yell "Damn It" for what seems like no reason to everyone else in the car or laugh at a though outload and then answer the voice. Does that make you partly insane?
 #15 
Old 2002-08-14, 21:13
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

I drink because it makes me charming.
 #16 
Old 2002-08-14, 23:11
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

You can't ask a mentally ill person if you're insane and get a reasonable answer. I have trouble enough dealing with the language doctors use...
 #17 
Old 2002-08-14, 23:28
razorlines razorlines is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

^ of course who wouldnt..

 #18 
Old 2002-08-14, 23:50
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

quote:
Originally posted by piggarro99:
are there any other excuses from "recreation" and "to get away from it all"

or is it the short lived sense of euphoria.



Because suicide would deprive one very special person their Daddy.
 #19 
Old 2002-08-14, 23:54
piggarro99 piggarro99 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

that is not what i asked... so lets quit the sombre approach...
 #20 
Old 2002-08-15, 00:09
Ain Ain is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

I have to say Yes it is for the short lived sense of euphoria. If only it lasted forever.

 #21 
Old 2002-08-15, 00:36
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

quote:
Originally posted by piggarro99:
that is not what i asked... so lets quit the sombre approach...


Actually, what you asked: "are there any other excuses from "recreation" and "to get away from it all" " didn't make sense, per se.

I took it to mean: Apart from 'recreation' and 'to get away from it all', are there any other excuses that people have for using [illegal] drugs?

Either way, you did not put in any qualifiers or limits, so why not somber?

It's the truth.

Isn't that what you wanted; truth?

Or just certain kinds?
 #22 
Old 2002-08-15, 01:47
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

Even pain is better than the void.
 #23 
Old 2002-08-15, 03:24
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Smithee:
I drink because it makes me charming.


It frees up my creativity for my writing. I write some mighty fine sci-fi. I'll let you know if I get something published.
 #24 
Old 2002-08-15, 05:03
gourangachild gourangachild is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

I do tryptamines mainly out of curiosity. Now that I think about it..that's the reason for everything that I've ever done. Learning and experiencing. Neat things. Try becoming curious. When it becomes exhausted you can always quit, right?
 #25 
Old 2002-08-15, 05:58
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: why do people take drugs...

quote:
Originally posted by gourangachild:
Try becoming curious. When it becomes exhausted you can always quit, right?


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics