quote:
Originally posted by kefak:
I was trying to find stuff on this a while back.
A lot of the files on the net seem to be composed of crap, I suppose the best way to to it would be get a good book on it.
I believe a good one is
"How to Win Friends and Influence People"
Cant remember who its author is though.
Dale carnigie. He was a sales man.
The key element to gaining trust with people is to be (or pretend to be) similar to them or similiar ideas, interests and beliefs. People like and trust people similiar to themselves or with similiar convictions.
For more detailed information on how to control people is read anti-cult books and material. In anti-cult material, they will tell you what to avoid and look out for when involved with a cult. In other words telling you how to control people.
Speaking of cults, read a little into the books of sciencetology's founder's books to learn how to gain authority. I forget his name.
Another thing you could look into is neurolinguistic programing or nlp that tells you how to get people to like you subconsiuosly. A good book I own is Instant Rapport written by Michael Brooks.
Or you could get into a good sales program offered by many companies to learn the basics of persuasion.
Remember, Dale carnigie was a sales man and he wrote a book on how to influence people, so sales is a good place to start.
[This message has been edited by gombowlzombie (edited 08-13-2002).]