About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-09, 19:41
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

I know you can download films from the net. But where in the hell do you obtain them from. Kazaa sucks so dont even mention that.

Peace Renegade,
 #2 
Old 2002-08-09, 20:37
ScorchedWeasel ScorchedWeasel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

get mirc or a differant irc client
 #3 
Old 2002-08-09, 20:57
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

bearshare... i got all of kevin smiths movies off there


 #4 
Old 2002-08-09, 21:47
louis louis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

wats wrong with Kazaa, it dont suck
you want a list of wat i have got from Kazaa? no? well here it is folks

2001 - a space odyssey
Apocalypse now redux
Austin Powers 1+2
BLack Hawk Down
Bridget jones diary
chicken run
Dr strangelove
eraserhead
fight club
Gladiator
goodfellas
Reservoir dogs
Scarface
scaary movie
slackers
the fast and the furious
the godfather series
the matrix
traffic

so dont ever say kazzaa sucks
 #5 
Old 2002-08-09, 21:49
Forum Administrator
 
Columbus Ohio
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

Kazaa sucks. Too much adware and spyware. Kazaalite is rid of spyware but not the adware. Kazaa sucks.
 #6 
Old 2002-08-09, 22:42
Agent Boris_KGB Agent Boris_KGB is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

indeed,kazaa sucks big fat hairy balls....
 #7 
Old 2002-08-09, 22:44
MaTrIXSpiirit MaTrIXSpiirit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

I got rid of the spy-ware and the ad-ware, so I don't give a damn.

-=MaTrIXSpiirit=-
 #8 
Old 2002-08-09, 23:08
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

Imesh is the only one other than napster that I've used. I haven't tried anything else because I haven't seen anything wrong with imesh. It does come with a shitload of adware, but that's easy to get rid of. I've downloaded several movies through a slow ass dial up. I just start it when I go to bed and to work and let it run all day.
 #9 
Old 2002-08-10, 00:23
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

I used Kazaa(lite) to get these movies:
Braveheart
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Cruel Intentions.. ha!
Evil Dead 1 & 2
Grosse Point Blank
Jeepers Creepers
Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels
Seven
Snatch
Spaceballs
Star Wars IV,V,VI
The 13th Warrior
and last, but surely not least!, What Women Want.
 #10 
Old 2002-08-10, 01:21
MagKnightX MagKnightX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

I use iMesh. For movies alone, I have all of Kevin Smith's movies, plus The Matrix, A Clockwork Orange, The Nightmare before Christmas, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, and I'm in the process of getting Lord of the Rings (66%, BIG file (technically 2 files, 1 fully done and one at 12%, so...). I also got Adobe Premier Trial, Bryce 3d Full, GTA 2 full, GTA 1 full, Quake 3 full, Adobe Illustrator 9 full, Photoshop (I forget the version) full, some Korn, Elastomania, and tons of pr0n. Get iMesh. It is great, and you don't have to install gator with it.
 #11 
Old 2002-08-10, 02:36
XIPHER XIPHER is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

KaZaA is great for media, 'cept when some lil faggot decides to rename cheap_porn.avi to StarWars_Ep2.avi, from my experience some warez sites (eg. navnetwork.net) are ok for movies.
 #12 
Old 2002-08-10, 02:45
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

you could try limewire.com be aware that some of these files are mixed up, and what you think may be a movie could be a soundtrack for that movie. I hope you have a super fast modem, because I had a dial-up and it took a total of 4 days to download a movie, not including getting cut-off
 #13 
Old 2002-08-10, 10:38
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

Ok thanks im gunna let kazaa have another chance after all everyone deserves a second chance.

Gotta download Jay And Silent Bob Strikes Back.

Peace Renegade,
 #14 
Old 2002-08-10, 12:57
eth0 eth0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

Get kazaalite with speed up, it pwnz. I downloaded like 20 movies in a night with it, cause it constantly finds more sources.

You can always just find a good XDCC channel on irc though...
 #15 
Old 2002-08-10, 17:33
Ironz Ironz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

For the best movies I have downloaded, I use AOL. I don't normally use AOL, but I take advantage of those free hours they offer. If you do have AOL, visit these private chatrooms:
cerver (if its filled, add a 1,2,3,etc....)
prm
mp3
outsidaz
smut

Cerver is the best and most often used. I've gotten many movies from servers on cerver (LOL) a couple weeks before they've come out.

Another program to get movies from is edonkey (edonkey.com). The rest have already been mentioned.

-Ironz
 #16 
Old 2002-08-10, 17:55
hp hp is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

If you want to download the new shit, there is no better place than IRC.

Kazaa, or any other of those spyware gayshit, are only good if you want to become subject to spying, looking to catch multiple viruses, fuck up your computer, or to download old cheap stuff.

Oh, did I mention that kazaa spies on you?

Fuck that shit. Just get the good ol' IRC.

[This message has been edited by hp (edited 08-10-2002).]
 #17 
Old 2002-08-10, 18:00
eth0 eth0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

I dont see the big deal behind people seeing what i do, as long as i dont get in trouble and i download tons of fucking illegal movies in the process...

Ah, the old AOL server days were the best. They also had MM's(mass mails.) Imagine getting the newest 0-day delivered to your email box when you wake up. Ahh, it was beautiful. If you like the cerver room(it used to be server or xerver for the old aol users) there is something almost identical on irc called XDCC. Try it out if you dont have AOL anymore...
 #18 
Old 2002-08-10, 18:44
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

AOL Is stilla great Server of Pirated Software and Moviez.


I have broadband and even though AOL is a shitty ass ISP gateway server it is a great dump site for pr0n, warez and moviez.

unless someone has a t-3 line his server is only as fast as his upload speed. most cable and dsl basic service have less then 30kb/s upload. so that makes IRC sites or FTP sites pretty shitty when ran by the average consumer.

but AOL average speed is 80-120kb/s Not fast but about 5 times faster then the average dsl or cable user. if AOL didnt threaten to charge me for the 1000 account i opened witht he same credit card I would open another. it was the only dependable download site. i have been on a lot of friends ftp sites but they never last or always drop you.

go to AOL and private room cerver if you have it. its best to have braodband.
 #19 
Old 2002-08-10, 19:44
eth0 eth0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

Damn, now i want to go back on aol. Ahh the memories. I was around when there was Chocolate X punter, French Fry Room Buster, and FateX 3.0. lol, i think a warez group on aol have it the easiest, cause they can actually distribute the warez, rather than just slip it to some people that can distribute it. I want some damned <>< (phish, or hacked/stolen accounts on aol.) hheheh
 #20 
Old 2002-08-12, 07:54
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

For Kazaa you can just get adaware which removes all of that spy ware shit. Edonkey has tons of movies, good luck though,it takes long and they will abort in the middle.
Go to www.zeropaid.com, its a site JUST for shareware. Also XoloX is good.
 #21 
Old 2002-08-12, 10:15
louis louis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: DOWNLOADING MOVIES.

thanx to all you guys who told me bout diet kazaa(kazaalite) its really kool.
it blocks all ads and spyware, and it continuously searches for more sources for download
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics