About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-07, 23:00
Regular
 
The land of milk and honey
Default Property in London and other parts of England

I dont know how this post is gonna turn out becuase I'm really drunk, but the topics interesting anyway. From what I hear from my cousin who I just saw, wealth in london is becoming a real big problem. Accountants are getting payed sums of around a million pounds (and this is regular,fucking madness!). Property has suddenly taken a boom in price, her appartment has trippled in price since she bought it and is valued at about 200,000 pounds, which could buy a mansion in canada. Apparently doctor's don't even make the cash to live easily in London. So, apparently those with enough money are clueing in and purchasing second homes for investment purposes. This coupled with the large immigrant problem the U.K has (especially from Eastern Europe), is causing massive lack of available housing. I guess the labour party doesn't have the balls to do anything about it because of the amount of money all these rich londoners bring into the economy. Man your country's nuts! (But very interesting).
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics