About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-03, 14:38
louis louis is offline
Regular
 
Default i am attractive

why is it that some people are just plain good looking? why are men attracted to big tits etc? some guy says that he has a diagram for a perfect face shape and anyone with that face shape is good looking. but why is it that these people are good looking? is it to do with evolution, perhaps, wereby this body will survive better. Or is it just to do with the way we are brought up, ie we are told that something is good looking so that is wat we think of as good looking? Also, why, for instance, do certain clothes or cars appeal, why is this?
 #2 
Old 2002-08-03, 14:47
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

It's evolutionary.. Symmetry is attractive, because it indicates good health, as are features that appear youthful, childish..
 #3 
Old 2002-08-03, 15:25
Renegade Renegade is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

Damn rite wintermute i cant help my instincts.

Peace Renegade,
 #4 
Old 2002-08-03, 17:20
Jadedfool Jadedfool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

and indie girls are just cute.
 #5 
Old 2002-08-03, 17:55
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

I saw a show on TLC about this. They said the ideal for women is to have a waist that is 7/10 the size of their hips. Also spoke of the ideal male figure as a sort of downward facing triangle.

Think about it the next time you catch yourself checking out some good looking girl. What was it that made you look in the first place when you can walk by and ignore a woman you don't find attractive? You're always drawn to a nice rounded butt and a nice rack because you instinctively look for a healthy female to mate with and these are things you respond to subconciously.
 #6 
Old 2002-08-03, 18:22
Viper2002 Viper2002 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

If a male alien landed on earth and was given the choice whether to fuck J-lo or some fat ugly Muppet lets say Madonna, I am quite sure he would do us proud and chose J-lo.

VIPER
 #7 
Old 2002-08-03, 19:02
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

If symmetry is so desirable, why is my scar so attractive to the ladies, Winter?
 #8 
Old 2002-08-03, 21:21
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

because your a freightening austrian deulist.

Symetry is half of part of it, that part being indication of past and current health. It is for this reason that blonde hair and fair skin are often percieved as beautiful features, these features will readily show sickness wheras darker skin and hair tones hide unhealthy palors caused by illness.

Other half of the equation are features assosiated with procreative pottential. such features as full lips and idealized body shape, which result from early and fast adolesence. the condition tends to imply a strong hormonal drive from wihch is derived a greater potential for breeding. a feature of atractiveness that stradles these catagories is conformance to the golden mean that is to say features with geometry corespondant to the rule of x is to y as y is to x+y
 #9 
Old 2002-08-03, 21:22
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: i am attractive

quote:
Originally posted by Z3m:
If symmetry is so desirable, why is my scar so attractive to the ladies, Winter?



I know I ain't Winter, nor am I familiar with your scar.

Even so, may I take a poke at the question?

...I'll take that as a yes.

Two possibilities come to mind:

1.)The scar shows that you have good survival abilities [evolutionary stance]

2.) It makes you seem 'dangerous'. [I still can't figure why 'dangerous' is so attractive to so many women]
 #10 
Old 2002-08-04, 01:06
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

It's a rather obvious scar above my left eye and just below the eyebrow.

I'm guessing it makes me look "dangerous", but I too am confounded by the attraction... That doesn't mean I won't capitalize on it...

Having said that, I'm sitting home alone on a Saturday night.
 #11 
Old 2002-08-04, 01:14
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Smithee:
because your a freightening austrian deulist.


Who is this to?


quote:
It is for this reason that blonde hair and fair skin are often percieved as beautiful features


That's not true. Only percieved as such by northern Europeans. In genetic lines where those features don't exist, they are attractive only because of their exotic appeal. I find dark hair and complexions more attractive. Partly because of my Swedish/Irish ancestry but mostly because of my living in California. I've overdosed on that blue eyes and blonde hair look.


quote:
Other half of the equation are features assosiated with procreative pottential. such features as full lips and idealized body shape, which result from early and fast adolesence. the condition tends to imply a strong hormonal drive from wihch is derived a greater potential for breeding.


A few studies show that most women at the peak of their cycle prefer the macho, manly man to have sex with but would rather marry a more "childish" looking man...

Comming from the latter, Thank GOD for a Christian society! Although.......

[ubb code mixup]

[This message has been edited by Z3m (edited 08-04-2002).]
 #12 
Old 2002-08-04, 05:08
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

that was to you cause you have what in some circles is called a dueling scar.
 #13 
Old 2002-08-04, 05:17
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

Im not saying that blonde hair and pale complextion are the only keys to attraction, but the fact remains these traits are seen as more desireable than others regardless of cultural preference.
 #14 
Old 2002-08-04, 18:12
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: i am attractive

Can anyone explain why I find Japanise schoolgirls atractive?
 #15 
Old 2002-08-04, 18:48
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

I think it was the Austrian remark that threw me... Not being Austrian and also thinking you mean "dualist."

And I haven't seen any literature to support your hypothesis, Alan. In American culture, for example, a healthy tan is considered more desirable than not.

And Prometheus, Japanese schoolgirls are only attractive to you because you like lots of pubic hair.
 #16 
Old 2002-08-04, 19:52
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: i am attractive

?
Not especialy.
 #17 
Old 2002-08-04, 20:03
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

because you have roriyoku.

There has been scientifc study about the complextion/hair thing. I belive that was on discovery or tlc I heard of it so were not talking about some white supremacist group. sure there may be cultural preference at certain times however the apeal of these features are generaly timeless.
 #18 
Old 2002-08-05, 16:31
Cokeboy Cokeboy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

Mmmmmm, Japanese Schoolgirls...

Apparently in Japan they vending machines from which you can buy lovely, second hand, dirty, unwashed japanese schoolgirl panties.

Weird.
But kinda cool.
 #19 
Old 2002-08-05, 17:31
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

this is way off the subject but speaking of Japanese girls I heard the popular thing in Japan now is Vending Machines with soiled schoolgirl panties.

Japan is one fucking crazy country.
 #20 
Old 2002-08-06, 00:19
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: i am attractive

To add to Trog's post:

An alarming number of Japanese school girls are committing suicide.

What makes it so uniquely Japanese bizarre, is the form they are choosing: Throwing themselves into volcanoes.

While not quite an epidemic level trend, it's occurrence seems to be increasing [I think the first one was some 30 years ago, but I'm not sure: I read about it some time
ago].
 #21 
Old 2002-08-06, 00:44
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Smithee:
.

Symetry is half of part of it, that part being indication of past and current health. It is for this reason that blonde hair and fair skin are often percieved as beautiful features, these features will readily show sickness wheras darker skin and hair tones hide unhealthy palors caused by illness.





You sure you got that right? I always thought tan skin hid blemmish marks where as Us fairer skinned people have more blotches and yellowish pigment. I know my brothers are big time sun worshipers and this is their reasoning. fair hair on women perhaps but not on men. Women tend to like men with Black hair.
 #22 
Old 2002-08-06, 00:49
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

quote:
Originally posted by Metaphysicist:
To add to Trog's post:

An alarming number of Japanese school girls are committing suicide.

What makes it so uniquely Japanese bizarre, is the form they are choosing: Throwing themselves into volcanoes.

While not quite an epidemic level trend, it's occurrence seems to be increasing [I think the first one was some 30 years ago, but I'm not sure: I read about it some time
ago].



Yeah.. Japanese people are very umm Materialistic in the truest form.

I was watching something about how they like to dress up like elvis.. guys with huge mohawk style Elvis cut and they do the twist in the street. You might ask whats so weird about that but its like they are dressing more to the Stereotipical American like something out of a comic book rather then trying to relive thr 1950s. Hard to explain but their whole culture is based on Material. Everything is so corperated in Japan. Very plastic. Plastic world. Kind of like how America is headed.

 #23 
Old 2002-08-06, 01:40
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus:
Can anyone explain why I find Japanise schoolgirls atractive?


your a little perv that's why
 #24 
Old 2002-08-06, 01:43
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

quote:
Originally posted by tr0g:
this is way off the subject but speaking of Japanese girls I heard the popular thing in Japan now is Vending Machines with soiled schoolgirl panties.

Japan is one fucking crazy country.



there are "massage" parlors all over asia where there are girls sitting behind the window and you pick which one you want
 #25 
Old 2002-08-06, 01:48
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

quote:
Originally posted by tr0g:

You sure you got that right? I always thought tan skin hid blemmish marks where as Us fairer skinned people have more blotches and yellowish pigment. I know my brothers are big time sun worshipers and this is their reasoning. fair hair on women perhaps but not on men. Women tend to like men with Black hair.



exactly darker complexions hide ill palors therfore in a fair skined person with light hair illness is readily apparent, thus these features convey health when ilness is not apparent.
 #26 
Old 2002-08-06, 01:55
mike997 mike997 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

why do most girls find guys with red hair so unatractive even if they dont have freckles and abnormally light skin?
 #27 
Old 2002-08-06, 02:21
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

I've never had a problem.
 #28 
Old 2002-08-06, 02:25
mike997 mike997 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

u got red hair?
 #29 
Old 2002-08-07, 04:45
tsunami tsunami is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

Z: I have a scar above my right eyebrow...it's from a sambuca bottle over my head whilst trying to stop the singer being hurt in a fight at a nightclub...3 stitches later...you get that...

I seem to find myself attracted to asians guys, I think it's the whole Jet Li, Jackie Chan thing that appeals...

 #30 
Old 2002-08-07, 05:09
ardene ardene is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

im redheaded and im not bashed at all.. well exept from guys, but girls dont mind my hair colour at all. although all the hot girls go out with guys that are 5 years older then them poor dumb sluts only getting used.

p.s. im in high school gr 9
 #31 
Old 2002-08-07, 19:20
Z3m Z3m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

You hot stiches? HA!
 #32 
Old 2002-08-07, 21:06
Cokeboy Cokeboy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: i am attractive

It's weird when you post something and an hour later Trog posts the same thing directly after you, without even mentioning your post... It's almost like having a bizarre Totse echo directed by South Parks Gay Satan!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics