About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-08-02, 03:50
Dr Know Dr Know is offline
Regular
 
Default Hotmail Virus

Does anyone know anything about these damn spanish emails that are sending themselves to people and then it automatically sends itself everybody on his/her emailing list.

Is this type of virus a worm? How the hell are hotmail going to stop this?

And by the way dont say well to bad for that virus I didnt open it because it send itself no matter what.
 #2 
Old 2002-08-02, 04:46
johnny_3087 johnny_3087 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hotmail Virus

I keep getting those. I thought I was the only one. And they take up a lot of space, right? About 300K as opposed to an everyday letter that is about 5K. Yeah. My friends got them as well. It sent them without me even opening them. I was thinking about opening it just to see if I'm wrong. It wouldn't do anything to my computer. I have no hard drive. I have this little computer thing that has only the internet programmed onto the circuitry. Maybe I should try it???
I don't really have anything to lose???
 #3 
Old 2002-08-02, 04:47
johnny_3087 johnny_3087 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hotmail Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_3087
I keep getting those. I thought I was the only one. And they take up a lot of space, right? About 300K as opposed to an everyday letter that is about 5K. Yeah. My friends got them as well. It sent them without me even opening them. I was thinking about opening it just to see if I'm wrong. It wouldn't do anything to my computer. I have no hard drive. I have this little computer thing that has only the internet programmed onto the circuitry. Maybe I should try it???
I don't really have anything to lose???
 #4 
Old 2002-08-02, 04:57
Moderator
 
Default Re: Hotmail Virus

turn of MIME and get ScriptDefender by analogx.com
 #5 
Old 2002-08-02, 08:30
teNsiOn heAd teNsiOn heAd is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hotmail Virus

There's a thread bout Zonavirus in the Network Security / Hacking forum
 #6 
Old 2002-08-02, 17:44
Ain Ain is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Hotmail Virus

http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum3/HTML/004532.html
 #7 
Old 2002-08-02, 20:48
Regular
 
Default Re: Hotmail Virus

http://www.subdimension.com

Much better than hotmail.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics