|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-07-25, 14:18
|
tr0g 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Meteroid!
I was gonna put this in Media but its not a film yet but there is talk of making it for the Game Cube and also a Movie deal in the works. This was the greatest fucking 8 bit Nintendo game ever made and if you disagree then FUCK YOU  Does anyone know what the name to this sequel was called?
|
|
#2
 2002-07-25, 15:10
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Facedown in the shag rug.
|
|
Re: Meteroid!
I think you mean Metroid. The sequel was Metroid II: Return of Samus on the Game Boy. After that was Super Metroid on the SNES. The new games are Metroid Fusion, in development for AGB, and Metroid Prime, on the GCN.
The first was good, but Super Metroid is better in every imaginable way.
Check out- http://www.classicgaming.com/mdb/
|
|
#3
 2002-07-25, 15:14
|
nexis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Meteroid!
Metroid has nothing on bubble bobble.
-Nex
|
|
#4
 2002-07-25, 16:42
|
Joe Boo 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Meteroid!
or the Dragon Warrior series
|
|
#5
 2002-07-25, 16:52
|
Canyonero 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Meteroid!
Dragon Warrior is the shit. I played it not too long ago on my friends PC on an emulator and I was reminded of how far rpgs had come and how much they have stayed the same.
|
|
#6
 2002-07-25, 18:25
|
tr0g 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Meteroid!
Yeah sorry i meant metroid.
It was strange because I was sitting around thinking about all the games I used to play in my late teens (1984 i believe) and played it till I was well in my mid 20s. I burned out on video games by the time SNES was affordable in the early 90s and had already purchased my first computer.
Video Game Units have come along long way since then. But i felt like I was just to old to play them. Then when i was at circuit city about a year ago I saw some older men playing with a playstation or some new version system. I laughed and made a comment to the sales guy that some people never grow up and that it looked like fun to just jump right in. The guy looked at me and told me that 40% of the market is for guys over 30 years of age. I told him it was probubly sports games like football or hockey and he told me that wasnt true.
I guess it wasnt an age thing after all. I guess I just dont find video games that apealing as other guys my age do. Although I admit i got hooked on Delta Force and a few other 3D war simulation games I just dont find games like Zelda or Metroid as enteraining as I use to. But I do often get the urge to bust out the older 8 bit just for old times sakes.
I cant wait to see how realistic games will be in 10 years.
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|