About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-07-21, 19:10
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Question about drug screening tests.

I submitted to a premployement drug screening test to for the cushy $#%#$% job that i'm looking to sink my teeth into.

Here's what I didn't get about the whole experiance.

#1 Urinate into the cup up to the line or a little over.

*OKAY*

#2 If need be, any excess, urinate in the toliet.

BUT do not flush!

How come? Why can't I flush?

#3 Don't wash your hands!

How come?

Any insight?
 #2 
Old 2002-07-21, 19:20
MoRt MoRt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question about drug screening tests.

ummm.... no, but I'm goin into the Royal Air Force pretty soon, and I gotta take a blood test, so if anyone can give me a coupla pointers, while they're here.....

------
Aloha.
------
 #3 
Old 2002-07-21, 23:12
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question about drug screening tests.

The piss test I took for my CDL was in a bathroom where the sink knobs and toilet handle had been taped off with a flimsy tape. When I asked about it they said it was to keep people from diluting their piss with water. Maybe your place couldn't afford the tape and they were listening at the door or something.
 #4 
Old 2002-07-22, 02:41
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question about drug screening tests.

touching the inside of the bottle (before you tinkle in it of course) can cause things like false positives, false negatives, or contaminate the sample, which will probably result in them making you redo the whiz quiz again which as anyone knows is a pain in the ass. Other then that that's the only thing I can think of. As for the door knobs and such having tape on them, it may be to keep someone of questionable hygiene to keep from rubbing hands with drops of piss on them on surfaces.

That's about the only thing that comes close to that. sorry if it wasn't any help
 #5 
Old 2002-07-22, 05:04
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question about drug screening tests.

rub some fecal matter in it too.

that should shake things up
 #6 
Old 2002-07-23, 00:57
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Question about drug screening tests.

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Boo:
touching the inside of the bottle (before you tinkle in it of course) can cause things like false positives, false negatives, or contaminate the sample, which will probably result in them making you redo the whiz quiz again


Nowadays, if your sample shows evidence of tampering, many places just automatically flunk you; they assume that you are trying to cover up drug use.
 #7 
Old 2002-07-23, 03:22
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question about drug screening tests.

Yeah, that was the very first drug test I ever took in my entire lifetime. Although it was not overall a unpleasent experiance, I wouldn't want to have to do it a second time.
 #8 
Old 2002-07-23, 11:38
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Question about drug screening tests.

quote:
Originally posted by I Love Poop:
I submitted to a premployement drug screening test to for the cushy $#%#$% job that i'm looking to sink my teeth into.

Here's what I didn't get about the whole experiance.

#1 Urinate into the cup up to the line or a little over.

[b]*OKAY*


#2 If need be, any excess, urinate in the toliet.

BUT do not flush!

How come? Why can't I flush?

#3 Don't wash your hands!

How come?

Any insight?[/B]


I should have added this to my first post [but I was in a hurry to catch a bus].

The main reason for both of those is pretty much the same, which relates to tampering with your sample.

If, when they do the test for temperature and pH [two quick and easy ways to check for tampering] your sample falls out of range - meaning it's [likely] been tampered, they will check your hands [specifically, under your fingernails] for an adulterant. Likewise too, they will check the contents of the toilet.

There is another thing I wanted to throw out:

[First, I want to say that this information comes from a friend of mine. I haven't verified it myself, but the source has shown in the past to be reliable; thus I still pass it on].

[Also, It's possible that not all testing centers. Likewise this may not apply to states besides California].

That said...

Before you sign the consent form[s], make sure you read and understand what all it says [This should go without saying for anytyhing you put your signature on].

Something that you are agreeing to [at least on the one[s] that my friend had seen, on consent forms from a few different test centers, is relinquishing your right to Doctor/patient confidentiality for [I think it said] two years.

In other words, the Doctor can, for two years, tell anybody and everybody anything about you and your medical records - not just that pertaining to the test but any of it.

What to do about that? Well, according to my friend [and this is the part I haven't yet verified, but tend to believe considering the sources past track record]:

Find the offending section, take a pen, put a line through each sentence, then date and initial next to it. Then sign the form as usual [assuming you read the rest of the agreement first, natch].

What this does, essentially, is say that you agree to the terms of the contract [which is what a consent form basically is], but not the crossed out section(s).

Without that consent, the Doctor must keep Doctor/patient confidentiality.

Hopefully, nobody at the test center will notice what you did [remember: ignorance is no excuse].

If they do see it just explain to them that you're not trying to hide anything and that you have no problem with them giving your test results to your employer, potential employer, or whoever is requiring you to take the test. But you don�t intend to give them a blank check.


[This can be used on any contract; not just a piss test consent form � assuming my friend is right, which I do]
 #9 
Old 2002-07-23, 20:43
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question about drug screening tests.

poop did you have a meat gazer with you?
 #10 
Old 2002-07-23, 20:45
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Question about drug screening tests.

Once my roomate got the clap off of some whore and the next day after he was diagnosed he had to take a whiz quiz. I wish i could have seen the faces of the lab techs when his piss sample showed up with the white stuff on top of it lol
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics