|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-07-15, 19:13
|
LutherX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Reign of Fire
A little weak on the storyline but killer movie.
Finally a real movie for us dragon-buffs.
|
|
#2
 2002-07-15, 19:19
|
Ain 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Reign of Fire
Thanks for the review but wrong forum.
|
|
#3
 2002-07-15, 21:10
|
tr0g 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Reign of Fire
We have a whole thing on it that I started friday in media.
umm. Yes, I was always wondering when a dragon movie would be made. To bad the person who directed it didnt put enough quality time in finding a good story.
|
|
#4
 2002-07-15, 23:19
|
Jadedfool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Reign of Fire
initally I was really excited about the whole thing.
I mean, c'mon, Dragons themselves are good, but Dragons AND heavy artillery?!?!?!?
to say I was disappointed would be an understatement akin to musing that having Hubert Humphry running a preschool would probably be a bad idea.
The fact that there were only really two fight scenes with dragons, that all the heavy artillery that gets trucked out isn't even used, and the fact that the "dragon vision" looks like a third rate predator vision all combines to make this movie a rather large piece of shit.
argh...
|
|
#5
 2002-07-16, 00:48
|
hp 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Reign of Fire
I guess it's as dissapointing as 'Small Soldiers'. Another movie with a very interesting subject who turned out to be so pathetic.
|
|
#6
 2002-07-16, 04:33
|
TheMeatPirate 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Reign of Fire
I thought it was funny how that meat-head vince, or vance, or vansas, or whatever the fuck his name was... allways had that cigar in his mouth, but he was never smoking it, and then towards the end, he just threw it out with out even hitting that shit.
Oh yeah, and you guys are all judging it by it's plot, and the directing, and acting, etc. Obviously it's not gonna have any of those things. It's a fucking hollywood Blockbuster Action Movie. Judging it on what it was supposed to be, an action flick, it was pretty fucking awesome.
~meaty
|
|
#7
 2002-07-16, 05:02
|
tr0g 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Reign of Fire
dont ruin the movie
|
|
#8
 2002-07-16, 05:03
|
tr0g 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Reign of Fire
quote: Originally posted by Ain: Thanks for the review but wrong forum.
Hey AIN why dont u post more
|
|
#9
 2002-07-16, 13:01
|
Renegade 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Reign of Fire
Yeah all the action movies dont really have pristine acting and a good plot. You only go for the explosions and violence and the annoying {in my opinion} cliche sentances.
Peace Renegade,
|
|
#10
 2002-07-16, 18:03
|
Ain 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Reign of Fire
quote: Originally posted by tr0g:
Hey AIN why dont u post more
Im a Lazy fucker. And I dont suffer from post count envy. No really whenever im online I have mirc open to #totse. And I help out on the bbs when and if I can. But if someone has already answerd a question, then I dont feel a need to. However rest assured about 90% of my time on the net is spent right here. Besides no one replies to my post anyway.
|
|
#11
 2002-07-16, 19:08
|
Jadedfool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Reign of Fire
quote:
Judging it on what it was supposed to be, an action flick, it was pretty fucking awesome.
no it wasn't! the action sequences were sparse and rather lame. Not one single time did I see a dragon get blown out of a sky by an anti-aircraft missle. Absolutely no artillery shells were used, and gunfire wasn't even effective. Two fight scenes, neither of which were any fucking good. If you think that was a great action movie, you need to see more movies...
|
|
#12
 2002-07-16, 20:18
|
LutherX 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Reign of Fire
quote: If you think that was a great action movie, you need to see more movies...
Hmmm, you may have a point there. I think the movie was awesome, but I only see about 3-4 movies a year... Anyway, I didn't go to see an intellectual movie, or horror flick, or hell even an action movie. I wanted a dragon movie and that was what I got. Not a 'oh look at me I'm a dragon' Dragonheart-type movie but a real dragon movie with mean fucking beasts, and that's what I got. But man, they could've done so much more with it. Like the bit where the Brit reflects on what happened in the last 20 years, and it shows headlines from the papers about Paris burning etc etc... Why couldn't they just take about 20 mins and show what happened? Dragons burning Paris, countries' militaries being slaughtered, etc etc... That would've done wonders for the movie. [This message has been edited by LutherX (edited 07-16-2002).]
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|