About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-07-15, 18:22
mesbekevin mesbekevin is offline
Regular
 
Default I have a problem.

Me and my dog spot have been arguing over which is the proper word to use when refering to myself and my other personaltys. I say "we" because its plural Spot says I should use "I" because I am one person. This argument has gone so far we are no longer on speaking terms Please give me your input.
 #2 
Old 2002-07-15, 18:33
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have a problem.

we sounds the best in your case
 #3 
Old 2002-07-15, 19:32
Moderator
 
Through the looking glass
Default Re: I have a problem.

Or "Me and (insert other personality's name here)"
 #4 
Old 2002-07-16, 01:52
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have a problem.

it depends... is a person a physical being or is it a just the idea that a "person" exists?

per�son�al�i�ty


  1. The quality or condition of being a person
  2. The totality of qualities and traits, as of character or behavior, that are peculiar to a specific person.
  3. The pattern of collective character, behavioral, temperamental, emotional, and mental traits of a person.


i vote for "I."
 #5 
Old 2002-07-16, 10:35
Urinal_Cake Urinal_Cake is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have a problem.

um, id say 'we' if ur refering to 2 different personalities, like scitzophrenia (sp). as in if u have two opposing thoughts kinda thing.
 #6 
Old 2002-07-16, 12:00
tsunami tsunami is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have a problem.

evil me:Split personalities don't exist, it's just excuse for being who you really are...
good me:No! they do exist...
evil me:Get a life loser, who needs inhibitions and excuses...Again they don't exist...
good me:argh! your wrong, split personalities do exist...
evil me:Sorry! be right back... gotta kill my obstruction... BANG! CRASH! Whhaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
good me:I win! And I guess now I stand corrected, split personalities don't exist...

^_^ sorry too many people here...
 #7 
Old 2002-07-16, 14:58
MagKnightX MagKnightX is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I have a problem.

Just remember, Schitzophrenia is voices, hallucinations, and general insanity. Multiple Personality Disorder is multiple personalities.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics