About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-07-12, 10:38
Dr Know Dr Know is offline
Regular
 
Default IQ?

Whats your IQ

I recently got tested and mine was 175

 #2 
Old 2002-07-12, 12:36
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

149 for me
 #3 
Old 2002-07-13, 23:13
Regular
 
Yami no tensai
Default Re: IQ?

185, is that good?

It seems to be all pattern identification and placement. Like "Whats the next number in the sequence?", "The first letter of every word in the following sentence spells...", "if you take this word, then put this word on the bottom and this word above both of the, diagonally down it spells ____.", and "is this sequence identical forwards and backwards?".

Seems to measure more of how good you are at taking IQ tests than your actual Intellegence Quotient.
 #4 
Old 2002-07-13, 23:26
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

100 is supposed to be average... Some of you must be taking the online tests, which always inflate the score. I scored over 160 on several different online tests, but I got 137 on the real thing. (the real one is the one that costs a shitload of money)
 #5 
Old 2002-07-13, 23:43
Simonh Simonh is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

So if I got only a 56 does that mean I'm dum?
 #6 
Old 2002-07-14, 01:33
Joe Boo Joe Boo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

quote:
Originally posted by Simonh:
So if I got only a 56 does that mean I'm dum?


nah you get to ride the Special yellow bus to school, and you love pancakes
 #7 
Old 2002-07-14, 02:44
Nox Nox is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

-4

Nox
 #8 
Old 2002-07-14, 07:16
LordJugz LordJugz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

Yeah, your not taking a realy iq test, 175 is way too high, saying that 148 is considered genius
 #9 
Old 2002-07-14, 07:54
Calvin Calvin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

hmm i took an online test and got 212, your right it is very inflated, when i took a real one at my high school i only scored 210.
 #10 
Old 2002-07-14, 10:11
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

Having a low IQ means that I'm not stupid enough to pay to join high-IQ societies.
 #11 
Old 2002-07-14, 13:38
Regular
 
nowhere in particular
Default Re: IQ?

now how many of you are full of shit?

considering that half of 1 percent of all people who take iq tests score over 150.

they can't all go to totse.

An IQ of 100 is higher than 50% of all persons taking this test.
An IQ of 110 is higher than 75% of all persons taking this test.
An IQ of 120 is higher than 93% of all persons taking this test.
An IQ of 130 is higher than 98% of all persons taking this test.

this from: http://www.iqtest.com/scoreexplain.html

i got an "iq equivalency" of 136 from a psychiatrist when a judge came to the conclusion that if i didn't have a drinking problem i had a mental problem for getting 3 minor in possessions of alcohol in a year, neither evaluation supported the judges conclusion.

i just liked to party.
 #12 
Old 2002-07-14, 20:27
Calvin Calvin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

or maybe you just really suck at not getting caught.
 #13 
Old 2002-07-14, 22:14
Regular
 
AIM/YIM: Kakkaraun
Default Re: IQ?

Hmm...I took a "real" one and got 143...I'm 14...that's pretty dang good I guess.
 #14 
Old 2002-07-15, 01:23
CuriousMonky CuriousMonky is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

133 at iqtest.com
 #15 
Old 2002-07-15, 03:46
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

what exactly does it measure, i mean can you really say its a general statement of your inteligence? like what kind of inteligence does it really say about you or your brain?
 #16 
Old 2002-07-16, 01:07
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: IQ?

I was tested way back before high school.

It was 147.

But that was many years and I've killed off a good number brain cells since then, I'm sure.
 #17 
Old 2002-07-16, 01:51
neverright neverright is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

175
98.9 percentile
STAT score (Special Tertiary Admissions Test)

If the test isn't timed and monitered by a pro it aint worth shit.
Generally I agree with DM. Any test only tells you how good you are at taking that test.

Winki...where are you...I tried to reply but there was a problem with the address.
 #18 
Old 2002-07-16, 04:33
Calvin Calvin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

the only offical one i took was in 5th grade, i think i got like 130.
 #19 
Old 2002-07-17, 14:35
MoRt MoRt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

I was gonna take the test at iqtest.com, until I saw the box underneath sayin 'Amazing Techniques that instantly improve your IQ...'. Then I realised there's not much point.

It's not how intelligent you are, it's how much you interact with others & expand ur knowledge & social skills.

IMO.

------
Aloha.
------
 #20 
Old 2002-07-22, 12:56
Moderator
 
The fine line between genius and madness
Default Re: IQ?

quote:
Originally posted by confuzious:
100 is supposed to be average... Some of you must be taking the online tests, which always inflate the score. I scored over 160 on several different online tests, but I got 137 on the real thing. (the real one is the one that costs a shitload of money)


That's the same score I got on the real deal. I took an online test a few months ago and it said I was only 107. Piece of shit.

 #21 
Old 2002-07-22, 15:08
Pikey_jay Pikey_jay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

More to the point is there any one out there whos got a high IQ and actually put it to some fucking use! Who's earning shit loads of cash saying "thank God I've got such a high IQ". Einstein had an IQ of 110 and he's considered to be pretty smart.
 #22 
Old 2002-07-22, 15:18
Global Dominator Global Dominator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

I'm pretty sure over the years someone with an IQ of "genius" status was pondering the meaning of life and our real purpose in the universe and how Pi fits into everything and started crossing the street and was flattened by a bus because he didn't look both ways. Who's the genius now?
 #23 
Old 2002-07-22, 17:05
runaway runaway is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

127 IQ, at 13 years of age...
 #24 
Old 2002-07-23, 05:08
skytzo skytzo is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

um...

dont think that those online IQ tests work..

they do inflate the score..
and why are we talking about this again?
 #25 
Old 2002-07-23, 10:43
neverright neverright is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: IQ?

quote:
Originally posted by Pikey_jay:
More to the point is there any one out there whos got a high IQ and actually put it to some fucking use! Who's earning shit loads of cash saying "thank God I've got such a high IQ". Einstein had an IQ of 110 and he's considered to be pretty smart.



Good point!
That is to say that I'm sure there is one in there somewhere. Effort always beats ability. Not too sure about the heaps of cash thing though. I can't think of one wealthy person I know who is particularly intelligent.
I've long held the belief that 'success' in a capitalist world is driven by negatives ie; egoism, greed, selfishness, arrogance and above all ignorance.
It seems to to take a certain unfounded optimism and single mindedness in a system fraught with contradictions and paradoxes. All existing in an ambiguous reality of seemingly infinite possibility and no certainty. Successful people in our world require a vision without pocessing imagination. They may not be myopic but they certainly suffer from tunnel vision.

Generally speaking of course.

I would love to know the reference source for Einstein's IQ. Note that he never accumulated wealth and his fame is an exception to the rule.


[This message has been edited by neverright (edited 07-23-2002).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics