About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-06-05, 12:26
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default True Friendship

He's got a steady girlfriend and a good job. He wants to buy a bag, but I know he's not a smoker. So I figure somethings up, depression or something or maybe just an excuse to come over. We've been friends for as long as I can remember but I've only made a few apperances in his scene in the past few years. Birthdays and so on. But what the fuck does it matter why, it's twenty five in my pocket. I'm a businessman in a business I hate, the only business I know.

He comes over and installs a couple computer games for me and gives me a few burn CDs and we knock around the punching bag for a bit. Then to business. Of course I tactfully avoid any issues deep and/or meaningful and/or connected in any way to his sudden desire to smoke. I'm not the kind of friend for that shit, not to him anyway. So he gets out his money and he's a dollar and five cents short. No problems, you can pay us back later. Don't make me break your legs for it. I mull his bag, and roll it into joints for him. Top quality service with a smile and comical banter. Then he leaves.

He's a true friend. He enjoys my company. But there's no room for friends to me anymore. I'll be ready for a social visit when his stash is dry. And that is as close to true friendship as I'll see.
 #2 
Old 2002-06-05, 12:44
Deviant Deviant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

That was like a children's story. Just call it "The Fucktastic Adventures of Fuckelberry Fuckrod" and I'll read it to my sister.
 #3 
Old 2002-06-05, 13:35
Pikey_jay Pikey_jay is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying " That was fuckin' AWESOME!!!"
 #4 
Old 2002-06-05, 14:07
Crack-ed Crack-ed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

When your in that sort of business, you never have any true friends.!
I thought I had loads & loads of friends when I was selling (coke), then when the shit hit the fan, was anybody there for me??
Were they fuck!
But it does teach you a lesson, you seem to pick your people more carefully. True friends are hard to come-by!
 #5 
Old 2002-06-05, 16:08
freon freon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

Don't worry about it. The closer you get to people the more they can hurt you anyway. Who needs true friends?
 #6 
Old 2002-06-05, 16:28
Culthead Culthead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

The worst person to trust is often your best friend. Fuck life. The sons of bitches will stab you in the back just like that to save their asses. We should only look out for no.1, ourselves. Everybody else does. They might say that they dont but when the shit hits the fan and everybody gets shat on, we all know what will happen. And with that saying goes, dont get high on your own supply. Take theirs and when the shit hits the fan, stab their backs. Let the fuckerz know how it feels to walk around with a dagger in their backs.

Culthead
Prophet of the Damned
 #7 
Old 2002-06-05, 17:04
SammyP SammyP is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

I have friends who are jocks, punks, cheerleaders, and nerds. Well, at least that's what California likes to label them as. None of these friends are as trusty as my rock, Speelson, though.
 #8 
Old 2002-06-05, 17:13
freakangel freakangel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

i dont have true friends, i have ppl i know and thats all.
but they are ok tho.
i see em every friday and saturday, we share our speed, weed and alcohol.
we share some laughs i get a ride home

and the rest of the week i dont know em really.
thats my social life, no i dont have a life.

altho 6 of em are ppl i talked with about shit, not thew usual "hi how ur doin, im fine haha hihi bla bla yap yap" no.
to them i talked about my shit and they talk about theirs.
but we dont share the whole week.

i know my best friend is me myself, cus if the shit hits the fan, as u say, its the only person left. me, cant do much but its ok, pretty annoying and all but ok.

i sometimes sell (weed) aswell but only to "friends" and that at a relatively low price, since i dont hacve to pay for it neither.
but just joints, i roll em with the ammount i want in em and they pay with their change. not much, but still something.
then again to ppl i dont know... i rip em off.

err i gotta go. this is a shit post i know, but im in a hurry.

buh bye.
 #9 
Old 2002-06-05, 18:35
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

Trippy, nice work

when you gonna finish that book?
 #10 
Old 2002-06-06, 02:13
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

its foolish to totaly trust anyone, including yourself
 #11 
Old 2002-06-06, 02:20
maddcow007 maddcow007 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

Thats so true.

Trippy, dont be so cold hearted man, everyone needs a friend. I have several really good friends, and beleive me man, its good to have someone there for you when you need a helping hand. You have to give a lot in life to recieve so little. I used to be in the business myself for a very short time and I realized that when you're in the biz, it fucks up the true meaning of, "friends" Try living 2 lifestyles, its just my opinon. It really will make you a happier individual.

Later
 #12 
Old 2002-06-06, 04:09
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

There are no friends, there are only associates. It still sounds flippant, harsh and show-offish to me but every single day I know I'm closer to agreeing.
 #13 
Old 2002-06-06, 04:20
Moderator
 
Default Re: True Friendship

damn, tr0g loves lokil, get over it.
 #14 
Old 2002-06-06, 07:52
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

quote:
Originally posted by Trippy_McGee:
There are no friends, there are only associates. It still sounds flippant, harsh and show-offish to me but every single day I know I'm closer to agreeing.


i was in your shoes once trip..... when the bag is empty no one would call. if i was in, my house would be full of friends all day, watching tv, on the pc, playing N64 (this was a while ago) having a good old time. when i was out, i couldn't get my "friends" to even answer the phone, they were off buttmunching someone else for a sack. to this day i am only friends with 2 of my former customers. fuck it i made a mint off of these fuckers anyway.

i got out of the business cause everyone wanted extasy all of a sudden, and i didn't want to deal with the russian mob in philly so i stopped selling and got a real job. the money sucks, but i'm glad i left the business.

now when my phone rings i know it's someone who actually wants to speak to me. and that's worth all the money in the world.

 #15 
Old 2002-06-06, 09:07
R0NiN R0NiN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

Your best friend can sometimes become your enemy. I know who my best friend is, and even though I don�t always like them, I know that there my best friend weather I like it or not.
 #16 
Old 2002-06-06, 16:01
Culthead Culthead is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

Ronin that is so fucking true. We often find that best friends compete and hate each other but still remain best friends. Its the same case wiv me.

Culthead
Prophet of the Damned
 #17 
Old 2002-06-06, 18:43
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

He got busted for possession or some other charge and is working a deal with the local law enforcement agencies to bag some dealers?

Better pat him down next time he drops over or have a lawyer on retainer.

papapapparanoid.
 #18 
Old 2002-06-06, 22:22
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

People here don't give up their mates over a measly possession charge.
 #19 
Old 2002-06-18, 15:38
Kacie Kacie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

Everyone's right when they say that a lot of people probably only hang out with you because you deal. I used to date a guy who was a dealer. When he quit dealing I was the only one left around, most of his friends screwed him over because he was nothing but a weed hookup to them. Drugs do that to people. I"m not going to sit here and Just Say No, and believe me, I do my fair share of the mind-altering substances. But it's like money and sex, once drugs get involved in a relationship then all of a sudden people start doing stupid and selfish things, and it becomes less about being a friend and more about what they can get from you.
 #20 
Old 2002-06-18, 15:45
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

I have a true friend, and I love her more than anything else in the world.
 #21 
Old 2002-06-19, 20:41
grungymagician grungymagician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

quote:
Originally posted by Crack-ed:
When your in that sort of business, you never have any true friends.!
I thought I had loads & loads of friends when I was selling (coke), then when the shit hit the fan, was anybody there for me??
Were they fuck!
But it does teach you a lesson, you seem to pick your people more carefully. True friends are hard to come-by!




were u the dude who sold his dog for some coke?
 #22 
Old 2002-06-19, 22:40
confuzious confuzious is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

I have a couple friends that I can really trust. The rest are just people I know, hang out with, etc. But the people I trust, I trust because they have damn good reasons to never stab me in the back.
 #23 
Old 2002-06-20, 00:31
CRaZyAmishMaN CRaZyAmishMaN is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

i had a few friends i trusted. that was years ago.

i had a friend i could trust. can't anymore.

had another one i thought i could trust. not anymore.

YET ANOTHER. not anymore.

i give up.
 #24 
Old 2002-06-20, 02:13
Dr Spock Dr Spock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: True Friendship

What do I have that I need to trust any given person with? All I have a network of aquaintances who get along. Every now and then I "rely" on one or the other to back me up, help me out, or some such, but theres always a backup, never something that I have to trust to one person and one person alone.

I have my one girlfriend, who I have invested everything and nothing in, and I have gotten everything in return. If the shit hits the fan in any situation though, I'm ok, because it was never about the future life to begin with.
 #25 
Old 2002-06-21, 19:00
Moderator
 
Default Re: True Friendship

is what I�ve felt today. An old friend of mine asked me straight what is wrong with me (I�ve lost one of the most important person in my life). He said you�re one of the funniest person I�ve get to know, you�re in a mood which makes me really really nervous. So I told him what was wrong. After he had listened to all I�ve said, I�ve thanked him for listening. He said that even if I wanted to fuck him ...

He�s not gay, me neither. But when he said this, I felt like, I don�t know, all the pressure had flown away. The best friend in my life is gone, a lot of other friends are filling this gap.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics