About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-14, 21:18
pixietroll pixietroll is offline
Regular
 
Default I Suppose This Question Goes Here...

If someone gives you information via the internet, how credible, if at all is it in a criminal investigation?
 #2 
Old 2002-05-17, 02:25
AlterKation666 AlterKation666 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Suppose This Question Goes Here...

I believe it's ''credible'' if you call it that up to a point. But not substantial evidence.
 #3 
Old 2002-05-17, 16:03
pixietroll pixietroll is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Suppose This Question Goes Here...

Would it be enough to be cause for an investigation?
 #4 
Old 2002-05-17, 16:45
MR.SMITH MR.SMITH is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Suppose This Question Goes Here...

Depends on the seriousness of the crime, and what you were told/saw. If its something serious you saw on a site, get the ip with dos ... go to dos... ping www.whatever.com
and visual trace the ip, then contact the isp. If it's something else post a little about what happened.
 #5 
Old 2002-05-18, 03:05
somerlost somerlost is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Suppose This Question Goes Here...

Info posted on the internet isn't credible in the least as regards to a lawsuit. You need to back it up with credible, published proof. Perhaps that proof would be referenced via the net site. You would still need the verifiable information.
 #6 
Old 2002-05-18, 03:42
~~COBRA~~ ~~COBRA~~ is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Suppose This Question Goes Here...

whether it is credible is up to the jury and the judge. but in this country it is sadly true that it can be considered probable cause for an ivestigation.
 #7 
Old 2002-05-19, 23:27
pixietroll pixietroll is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Suppose This Question Goes Here...

Thanks guys! That's what I needed to know!
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics