About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-05-02, 00:06
? ? is offline
Regular
 
Default WHOA!! Have any SAT I tips/tricks/hints/---

or help you (reading this) could offer.


I took out those help books but want to find some of these books online.

I want a higher score. assistance thanked.
 #2 
Old 2002-05-02, 00:46
emerikan emerikan is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: WHOA!! Have any SAT I tips/tricks/hints/---

take the PST. the best help you can get. its supposed to increase your score 200pts. whats better than a practice test?
aye yeah... don't forget your calculator. i forgot mine, it sucked.

[This message has been edited by emerikan (edited 05-02-2002).]
 #3 
Old 2002-05-02, 17:52
Regular
 
Default Re: WHOA!! Have any SAT I tips/tricks/hints/---

don't suck.

have a pencil

if you're taking a SATII listening test, don't forget a tape player.
 #4 
Old 2002-05-02, 18:04
? ? is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: WHOA!! Have any SAT I tips/tricks/hints/---

That sounds like PSAT--heh

and the sat2 sounds like shit--my major wont need it.


I heard people check your id constantly.
Some questions are also Trick Questions.
 #5 
Old 2002-05-02, 18:15
neon neon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: WHOA!! Have any SAT I tips/tricks/hints/---

mileage or ooomph?

Big difference my friend.

ALL paths $tart with the one that leads you to believe in yourself.

Why ask why when literally you are asking if you can learn how to speak another language in ONE fell swoop. Makes little if any sense.
 #6 
Old 2002-05-03, 00:08
? ? is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: WHOA!! Have any SAT I tips/tricks/hints/---

no man, what im asking really if theres KEY THINGS to look out for on this test coming up....

ACT is soon too

 #7 
Old 2002-05-03, 01:01
neon neon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: WHOA!! Have any SAT I tips/tricks/hints/---

timing constraints, visualization procedures, guru-doh, kontinuity, loud noises, regression to the mean - it's trickeryer than it looks, false hopes and unfulfilled promises of agression, Black Sabbath, and oh yes it don't really matter.

After all is said and done the results cannot be verified with any amount or sort of accuracy.

Unless of course this "test" is being used to prove that you don't know how to think.

i and i'm sure anybody else really can, prove otherwise.

The music sure sounds nice. And above all... Have a nice day.
 #8 
Old 2002-05-03, 07:21
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: WHOA!! Have any SAT I tips/tricks/hints/---

If I remember correctly, your score isn't just based on the number of right answers you get, but also factored in is the number ofwrong answers. So: if you are not sure of an answer, leave it blank; you will get a lower score if you guess wrong, than if you had just left it blank.

Now, it's been many, many years since I took my SAT: there is a small chance that I have them mixed up with another test. If so, it would have to be an IQ test that I've confused with SAT. Those two tests are the only one's that I would have any reason to remember anything about.


Hmm. that's got me thinking [don't something usually?]. I've still got my test results put away somewhere with other papers of a semi-important nature...I think I'll go off and look for them.

If I find them I'll bore everyone with the results and test date] As if anyone gave a hoot. Eh, so I amuse myself a bit. I need a bit of distraction [had some sh*t of the most major kind hit the fan this week and, well I'll just start a topic and not go so far off on this on me].
 #9 
Old 2002-05-03, 09:41
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: WHOA!! Have any SAT I tips/tricks/hints/---

Well what do you know, I found it [my SAT results, that is].

Doesn't that just totally excite you? Is this the most pertinent thing I could now share with this community?

Are you squirming in anticipation of my revealing my scores?

Drum roll, please:


Now I don't know if these scores and percentiles will mean anything against one from today's SAT; I took this back in December of 1980: For all I know it ain't anything near the same test. But, then again, they might. it don't even matter, so why am I again wasting space and time with meaningless drivel?

Verbal: Score: 540, %HS sample: 92, %College-Bound seniors: 83

Reading: Score: 52, %HS sample: N/A, %College-Bound seniors: 77

Vocabulary: Score: 54, %HS sample: N/A, %College-Bound seniors: 82

Math: Score: 640, %HS sample: 97, %College-Bound seniors: 91

TSWE: Score: 56, %HS sample: N/A, %College-Bound seniors: 86


Am I too over-the-top? Can't help it.

[I think I will post, in a bit, what's got me set off. Maybe someone will have some helpful advice, though I doubt it; how many here are even old enough to have had dealings with Family Law and Family court [not counting experiences in a parents divorce]. Enough, damn it, this ain't the time or place.]

 #10 
Old 2002-05-03, 18:51
? ? is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: WHOA!! Have any SAT I tips/tricks/hints/---

OH SHIT TOMMRROWZ IT.


 #11 
Old 2002-05-03, 20:03
? ? is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: WHOA!! Have any SAT I tips/tricks/hints/---

I HAVE got over 30 pages from google.


BUT--

Im asking on EXPERIENCE. WHAT questions did you people have?? Were they hard?



Was the language section boring? as- always?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics