About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-04-21, 18:50
Render87 Render87 is offline
Regular
 
Default Guys: Please answer!

Just to let you know....I'm a girl. Okay I have a question about a guy and since your most likely a guy reading this....I'm figuring you could probably give me some advice. Okay there's a guy I know who has asked me to like hang out with him before...Like ya know come over to my house at like 2 or so in the morning and watch a movie or just hang out. He has asked me several times and I have never really been able to let him come over. Well last night I finally said he could come over and we were gonna watch a movie...he said he was coming at 12:30 but then he said he would have to wait till a little after 1:00 because his mom was still awake. I waited till like 5:00 for him and he never came.....why do you think he didn't show up?? I mean me and him are really good friends and stuff....he's always honest with me..I think. And it wasn't a problem of getting to my house becuase we live really close to each other....so I'm confused. I haven't talked to him since last night so I haven't been able to ask him...does anyone have any ideas about why you think he didn't show??
Thanks,
Render
 #2 
Old 2002-04-21, 19:02
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Guys: Please answer!

It hasn't even been a full day yet. Don't worry about it until he hasn't talked to you for a week or so.
 #3 
Old 2002-04-21, 19:04
Moderator
 
Default Re: Guys: Please answer!

hm, his mom was insomniac, he was shy or he thinks that you�re playing with him ...
 #4 
Old 2002-04-21, 19:41
Render87 Render87 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Guys: Please answer!

well I hope ya'll are right and it's nothing more serious than that.
Thanks,
Render
 #5 
Old 2002-04-21, 19:42
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Guys: Please answer!

or hes gay
 #6 
Old 2002-04-21, 19:45
Empireblues Empireblues is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Guys: Please answer!

You should've gone to sleep. Nobody's worth more than a good nights SLEEP...must've felt shitty the next day right? Hmm, this would also make you more pensive.

Call him up and ask.
 #7 
Old 2002-04-21, 19:57
Render87 Render87 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Guys: Please answer!

yes.....I do feel pretty shitty. He's one of my best friends and he bailed on me...there's got to be something wrong. I'm just afriad to know what it is.
Render
 #8 
Old 2002-04-21, 20:55
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Guys: Please answer!

He probably fell asleep or it got late and he thought you would be too tired. Or maybe someone better looking came by and he hooked up with her.
 #9 
Old 2002-04-21, 21:05
Render87 Render87 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Guys: Please answer!

gee...thanks for the encouragment rlpinca!!
 #10 
Old 2002-04-21, 21:14
MaSeO MaSeO is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Guys: Please answer!

i would say he fell asleep too. i was supposed to go to a party at 12:30 on friday and i was out skating till 11:00 and went home and next thing i know i wake up and its is 9:30 saturday morning.. wait till monday to talk!
 #11 
Old 2002-04-21, 21:39
Render87 Render87 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Guys: Please answer!

hey everyone......thanks for your advice. I just talked to him nd his mom wouldn't go to sleep so he wasn't able to sneak out and he couldn't tell me cause she wouldn't let him get online.
Thanks,
Render
 #12 
Old 2002-04-21, 22:07
rlpinca rlpinca is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Guys: Please answer!

See, you got all worked up over nothing. Glad it worked out and he didn't get hit by a train or kidnapped.
 #13 
Old 2002-04-21, 22:35
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Guys: Please answer!

Once this guy was supposed to come over and he never came and we got all pissed off at him and it turned out all that happened was he knocked out an undercover policeman and got put in jail.

No wait, he found a hot chick and hooked up with her. Sorry, my bad.
 #14 
Old 2002-04-21, 23:32
Render87 Render87 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Guys: Please answer!

ha!lol trippy mcgee....Yeah I'm glad it all worked out too. I have a tendency to get worked up over nothing a lot. Maybe I should try to break that habit.
Thanks,
Render
 #15 
Old 2002-04-22, 04:42
magician magician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Guys: Please answer!

Umm... just a thought, this really should have gone is sex and affection. Render87... if you haven't been in that forum... try it some time, its not really off limits.

How old are you ?

My brother has his girlfriend over to watch movies at those sort of stupid times all the time. He's 18. She's 17. Her dad drops her off, my brother drops her back home.

Shrugs. Maybe talk to both your folks and SAY you want to watch a movie together (and do it at like 8pm or something decent) and... see what happens.
 #16 
Old 2002-04-22, 05:03
Render87 Render87 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Guys: Please answer!

well I normally do watch movies with people at 8:00. I think it is more fun having them sneak over or whatever. By the way I am 14.
Render
 #17 
Old 2002-04-22, 06:09
Dr Spock Dr Spock is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Guys: Please answer!

Don't worry about guys. We don't always do what we mean to do, and we just have to hope that girls understand that.

Example:
me@9AM: "Today I am going to call Jessica (GF) at 7 or so cuz she'll be off doing interesting things all day."
me@7PM: "Time for dinner! Yummy!"
Parents@8PM: "Do you homework or you're fuxored!"
me@11PM: "w00t! I'm done! Time to call Jessica!....damn its 11:30..her parents will be pissed....

There you have it, I thought about calling her all day but it didn't happen. Good thing she's cute AND forgiving!

[This message has been edited by Dr Spock (edited 04-22-2002).]
 #18 
Old 2002-05-04, 03:46
jonk jonk is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Guys: Please answer!

I think you rejected him one too many times so he just figured you were messin with him or that you just felt bad about saying no so much and he just didnt want to come over if he wasnt positive you really wanted him there
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics