About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-04-01, 19:20
White Rabbit White Rabbit is offline
Regular
 
Default age of consent?

I've heard many people (mainly older guys wanting to bang high school freshman) complain about the age of consent laws. I know maturity has nothing to do with age, and there are mature 13 year olds, but come on, anyone who has been around 13 year old whether you were one yourself at one point or are still around them (you sick fuck), you know MOST of them aren't mature.

This law is put there to protect kids, not so much from big bad adults, but from themselves. I know at 14 I thought I knew everything and could handle it all and in hindsight I see that I was just being naive, but I was lucky enough to have ended up dating older people who didn't take advantage of me (unless I wanted them to).

But just as there are immature underage people, there are immature of age people, and I find this law useful in protecting both sides who need this law to keep them from doing something stupid. Of course many break the law but it would be much worse if that law didn't exist. Not every law can be helpful in every instance, there are always exceptions, people who were actually in love but one went to jail because they happened to be 20 years the younger person's senior.

Shit happens, laws do suck, but why would a 40 year old want a 13 year old if not to take advantage of them? Why do guys like younger girls anyway? I know too many guys in their fucking 30's picking up girls at the mall and in high school and as sadistic as I am, I just find that wrong for some reason. What do you think?
 #2 
Old 2002-04-02, 02:04
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: age of consent?

I adopted my two year policy a while back ago. Simply means I won't date anyone that is two years older or younger than myself. I have only made once execption to this rule.

Age of consent varies from state to state as it is not a federally mandated law.
 #3 
Old 2002-04-02, 03:57
White Rabbit White Rabbit is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: age of consent?

Why two years? I'm 19 and currently dating a 29 year old. The age of consent law here in LA is 18 and I think that's pretty fair.
 #4 
Old 2002-04-02, 04:34
Jadedfool Jadedfool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: age of consent?

seven years is a big difference when your ten, but not when yer fifty...
 #5 
Old 2002-04-02, 04:45
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: age of consent?

When you say 'maturity' do you mean emotional maturity, or intellectual maturity?
 #6 
Old 2002-04-02, 10:35
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: age of consent?

A fifteen year old made a pass at me a few weeks ago. I know her personally, and she's very pretty and very mature - wise beyond her years - but, I just couldn't do that. She sort of makes me sad because she reminds me so much of me when I was that age, so I politely turned her down. Now, a friend of mine is dating her and he is older than me and I don't see anything wrong with that. I just wouldn't date her myself.

Cheers,
Lost
 #7 
Old 2002-04-02, 11:47
Regular
 
Default Re: age of consent?

I always see the age of consent as more of a guideline. However, they can lead to the victimisation of those over the age of consent with slightly younger partners. Is there really a great difference between the average 17 year old and an 18 year old?

If age of consent laws are to work effectively, they need to be in stages. I don't see too much trouble in a 16 year old and a 14 year old having sexual relations, provided they both consent and know what they are doing. If it was a 25 year old and a 14 year old then the case would need to be examined because it would seem like the older partner was taking advantage.

Cases could and often are left to the discretion of the police and courts, but this leads to inevitable discrepancies between cases. The solution, therefore would be to have a flexible law which takes into account age differences.

 #8 
Old 2002-04-02, 12:38
Moderator
 
Default Re: age of consent?

quote:
Originally posted by FuckOffandDie:
If it was a 25 year old and a 14 year old then the case would need to be examined because it would seem like the older partner was taking advantage.



hm, I don�t know. I�m 25 and one of my cousine�s daughter is 14. She is in love with me, one of those puberty-unlucky-endless-loves I suppose. I like her, but I don�t love her, and sometimes I don�t know what to say to not hurt her, because sometimes she is very unbridled and naive. When I�m not around she is very mature, has something to do with the speed she grew, at the age of 11 she was nearly as big as I am.

I don�t know, really, because if you take it from a biologic view, 16 is the best age for a girl to start with having babys. Those girls have less problems with cancer when they get old and the chance of genetic defects is very low. But in our society it�s more at the end of their twenties.
 #9 
Old 2002-04-02, 15:25
Regular
 
Default Re: age of consent?

You make a good point about biology versus society. Both males and females reach their "sexual peak" before what society has come to accept as the age of adulthood, and the age of consent in many places.

 #10 
Old 2002-04-02, 16:44
JosefMengele JosefMengele is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: age of consent?

whats all this talk of consent?
 #11 
Old 2002-04-02, 17:23
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: age of consent?

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small,
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all.
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall.


Sorry.. i just like that song White.

 #12 
Old 2002-04-02, 17:37
tHeRoBoT_HaTeR tHeRoBoT_HaTeR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: age of consent?

I, for one, disagree with the consent laws. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the thought of older people taking advantage of the young, but there's more to it than that. I feel that if two people, regardless of age, are interested in one another and have strong feelings, than nothing should be able to come between that. It is true, however, that the feelings of the younger person may be out of ignorance and immaturity, but that's where the older has to take a moral stand and not persue anything.
A relationship of my own falls under this category. I got a lot of crap for it because she was 15. It's not like we just met and jumped to it, though. We've known each other since grade school, grew up together, and then just realized that we liked each other. All of my friends laughed because they think it's hilarious that I was with a "youngen" as they liked to put it. And of course a bunch of people were all like "it's illegal, blah, blah." That's why I think these laws are too much. Two people that truly like each other are forbidden to touch each other just because society sees something wrong in it.
Different people mature at different rates anyway. I've met preteens that have more intellect, maturity, self-control/awareness, and respect (for others as well as themselves) than those in the late-teens to mid-twenties. I feel it should be the decision of the "youngen" whether or not someone is legally able to touch their body, for it belongs to them, and nobody else.
 #13 
Old 2002-04-02, 17:39
tHeRoBoT_HaTeR tHeRoBoT_HaTeR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: age of consent?

And no, i'm not 40. That would be a little far...
 #14 
Old 2002-04-02, 22:49
Cyne-Eyed Cyne-Eyed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: age of consent?

I have to say that the current state of the law system concerning age laws pisses the holy hell out of me. Not that I personally have any problem with the following law, but its just stupid (if it even exists, but no bs I heard this come out of a WPC's mouth). "Males in England are legally aloud to have sex at any age but for a female to have sex she must be over 16"
Mabey the government should bring in some law that says that under 16's may forgo the age laws if they pass psyche tests that show why the god damn laws exist in the first place and respect the reasons for which they were created. I actually know people that don't know why the laws are there but they are old enough to get pissed out of there heads own a car and credit card. Of course there are people out there who are out to take advantage of youngans but then the people who are mature enough to by-pass the law are also smart ennough to say. Unfortunatly (Or fortunatly depending on your viewpoint)there are downsides to more intelligent people being able to take such a test.
1) People smart enough to take the test are also smart enough to cheat and pass even of they're (In GOD DAMN "society's" view point) "Sick"
2) S'too expensive
3) Love exists, a stupid almost pointless human emotion that both keeps us alive and tortures our society. I'm still to work out whether to destroy, embrace it only to be shattered by it, or go into hiding and live under/in/near (delete as preferable) somthing dark. Intelligence was probably an evolutionly anomoly (why doesn't the spellchecker work anymore) everything else that evolution came up with worked harmoniuosly with each other. Biologicaly speaking humans can't exist in solitude they have to be in a society to function (or they become insane/starve/mad/suicidal/can't build ermm. stuff/mental instability/crazieness/emotionally or metally regresive), but society, as it is, works against itself. What we need to do is create some sort time machine. Then go back in time(3million and 2 yrs) to the very beginings of human intelligence (that bit from 2001 Space Oddesy) and script kiddie our way into the Monolith, then we press crtl+Z undo-ing the changes it made to our society (which would of course create an unlimited system loop and all the system resourses would go into the process which would crash the matrix, untill the new pentium chipset comes out) we would all die but then our genetic brethrin would have the chance to evolve into a perfect species of there own accord and live in a society of infinite pleasure.

Its always good to mock somthing and put a little humor in a post as serious as this.
 #15 
Old 2002-04-03, 00:07
I Love Poop I Love Poop is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: age of consent?

White Rabbit, "Why two years?" for me keeping a maximum of two years difference in age has always worked out better.

Always check ID too! Last evening I had a girl approach me who claimed to be 24 and in reality was only 17

Sick bitches.
 #16 
Old 2002-04-03, 00:13
tr0g tr0g is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: age of consent?

how do you check her ID? wait for her to go to the bathroom and go through her purse?

if you asked to see a girls ID on a date, most likely she would walk out.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics