|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
This particular thread is a partial recovery - page 1 of its original capture was never archived, so some posts from that page are missing below.
|
#1
 2002-04-02, 07:42
|
|
|
Thank you Jesus
quote: Originally posted by LostCause: Yes. In fact Easter - if I'm correct - derives from the Pagan celebration of the fertility goddess Eastre which is why they worship rabbits and paints eggs. The painting of the eggs, hiding them, and finding them was symbolic of gaining fertility.
the funny thing about this is that it came into existance indirectly. During the middle ages the people in the west said that it was a stork who brought the easter eggs (although bringing the babys was already his job), in the east it was a fox (he was a thief who lost them) and in the south it was a rabbit (the unbeatable symbol for fertility). It was just mere coincidence, that Ostara�s symbols of fertility were rabbits and eggs. Or traditions that lived, although the people didn�t know (or shouldn�t know) their meaning of, like the egg dance. Interesting fact about this, german men don�t say balls, they say eggs. quote: Originally posted by LostCause: He had to have been born in the Spring, but I can't remember the reasoning for that one off hand.
Because of the bright star. Astrologic reasons. It�s funny how many Pagan traditions are accepted and have become part of our religion. Marrying in black and white, date of Christmas (Winter Solstice), the Christmas Tree, etc. I had a huge chocolate (ostrich) egg with chocolate cream and marzipan in it. [This message has been edited by BSK (edited 04-02-2002).]
|
|
#2
 2002-04-02, 10:32
|
|
Regular
|
|
Behind the boat house
|
|
Re: Thank you Jesus
Thanks BSK, I knew it had something to do with astrology. Yea, it's very interesting how much Pagan tradition has indirectly survived. But, what's even more interesting is how Catholism has been it's main vessel.
I find it so intriguing how the Catholics basically took Christianity and then changed it by taking the Pagan rituals and holidays and then giving them Christian names and stories. They completely rearranged the Bibles dates of events and added in all kinds of false idolism and then they persecuted, killed, and tortured the Pagans.
They do the same thing to the Jews. They persecute the Jews for 'killing Christ' (which they didn't. They happened to have a very sick a sadistic king at the time of Jesus's ministry and a percentage of non-believers, as with all societies) when it was really they who crucified him. They hate the Jews, but yet they worship one as their God and killed them.
Talk about calling the kettle black.
Cheers, Lost
|
|
#3
 2002-04-02, 13:06
|
|
|
Re: Thank you Jesus
hm, I don�t know, I mean, I don�t like the things Catholics did during the middle age either (I�m catholic), but I don�t think that there�s anyone or any party that was right or hasn�t made any mistakes. And I don�t think that there�s anyone who owns the truth.
Yes, it�s true that they adapted a lot of things to christianize the Pagans, but look, even the Jews marry in black and white, and that goes back to a german tradition, too. I�m sure that there are more things, which we maybe don�t know, because we weren�t born when they came into existance.
But I don�t really care, I hope one day this will be over. Or maybe we�re getting back into the middle ages and will marry virginal. As long as it does a job for a lot of people it�s ok.
Once in school we�ve read a short story about nazi germany (Kafka maybe?); soldiers had a checkpoint next to a christian cross with a tablet bearing the inscription I.N.R.I.
|
|
#4
 2002-04-02, 14:35
|
rlpinca 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: Thank you Jesus
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hellis: [B]Did you know that the Bible also explains that at near onset of Armagedon most of the people will not believe in God and his son.
The majority of people on this planet don't believe in christianity. It never has been the majority that believes. I might be wrong but isn't the largest religion HIndu, Buddhism, or islam? It's one of those. Maybe they're all right and christians are fucked. After all there are alot of religions older than christianity.
As for the part about a third of all creatures dying out. The extinction rate probably has been the same for thousands of years. We've just started paying attention the last 100. More than a third have died out many times over in the last couple thousand years or so. We just didn't know all the animals yet(still don't) and didn't give a fuck.
There's always a war somewhere. Always has been. Always will be.
People have been seeing signs in the sky for thousands more years than christianity has been around.
so by your thinking the Armaggedon should have happened several times already and several times before christ evn squirted out.
I don't really like any organized religion. It causes way too much trouble. Look at how many wars have been started and millions of people killed because of religion. Look at how many people go off and kill someone else because god told them to(you never know he might have). Look at how many preachers drive a brand new Lexus while a 70 year old lady walks a mile to get to church to put a few more dollars in the plate. Look at how many preachers, priests, rabbis, etc.. that have killed, raped, and tortured innocent people in the name of god. I live every day like I think I should and if I'm wrong I'm sure God, Bob, Fred or whoever in charge will forgive me and let me in. I don't buy that an ever loving all powerful"God" would send good people to hell just because they didn't believe a book that some men wrote.
[This message has been edited by rlpinca (edited 04-02-2002).]
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|