About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-03-12, 20:22
d1ng0 d1ng0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Sysadmins & Moderators

Would whoever has the capabilities to delete these flood messages please dump them already. (I realize that you folks don't sit in front of the computers 24/7 but the stuff has been up for a couple days now)

I don't give a hairy poodle if the kid is banned or not, but I'm weary of traversing through several pages of meaningless postings to get at the real messages.

.
 #2 
Old 2002-03-12, 21:07
Regular
 
-
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

if u look at the date u will see they were done today.
i belive the old ones were deleted.
 #3 
Old 2002-03-12, 21:24
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

And who are you to tell the Admins anything?
 #4 
Old 2002-03-12, 21:28
d1ng0 d1ng0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

It was meant as a request.

And puffing out your chest is totally wasted on me so get a grip.
 #5 
Old 2002-03-12, 21:47
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

There are two people with the ability to delete those posts... sorta stupid to post here and tell them to delete the stuff, since if they were reading at the current moment in time they'd have done it already.. duh.
 #6 
Old 2002-03-12, 21:54
d1ng0 d1ng0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

<<<<<<.... duh ....>>>>>

Hmm...

Is it common knowledge that only two people can delete posts? (obviously not)

And if only two people (assuming Enigma and J.C. Stanton) are able to delete posts, then the point of a moderator is...... what? (not being sarcastic, just curious)
 #7 
Old 2002-03-12, 21:59
d1ng0 d1ng0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

And for the record I'm talking about ALL the forums, not just this one. A couple forums don't have moderators.
 #8 
Old 2002-03-12, 22:04
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

Only two people can delete the posts in THIS FORUM. Moderators can delete posts in their forums and only their forums.


And the duh was meant for the fact that making a topic about deleting topics is completely nonsensical, since if they were around to read this, they'd also be around to delete all the crap, and probably would manage to figure out how to do so on their own without your oh so valuable assistance.
 #9 
Old 2002-03-12, 22:13
d1ng0 d1ng0 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

Is it the coffee you drink or are you naturally rude and snotty???

Consider the matter dropped. Waste of fucking time.

[This message has been edited by d1ng0 (edited 03-12-2002).]
 #10 
Old 2002-03-12, 22:33
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

Even know I don't know her to well, I cna tell you she is normally like that.
 #11 
Old 2002-03-12, 22:54
LostCause1 LostCause1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

Can't we all just get along?!

Or, at least, can we just agree that that funnycrumb bastard is a canine cum sucking numb nut old lady fucker?

Cheers,
Lost
 #12 
Old 2002-03-12, 23:54
Jadedfool Jadedfool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

d1ng0, yer just being a rather ignorant prat.

feel free to whine all you like, but you should go pick up some logic and lose some of the ego if you expect anyone to take you seriously.
 #13 
Old 2002-03-13, 00:03
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

Consider my character a natural indication of the intelligence of the person I'm speaking to.. thus, the dumber you are, the ruder I am..

Intelligent people usually find me quite polite and nice..

Oh, and just for the record, I don't drink coffee..

Lost , I can get along, I just like people to think a little bit first .. point about funnycrumb agreed though..

 #14 
Old 2002-03-13, 00:12
neverright neverright is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

You know, everytime funnycrumb does this we end up flooded with a heap of stupidity about funnycrumb's stupidity. This is the most annoying part of the whole episode.
Now that I've posted this, I too am a part of the stupidity and that really pisses me off.
I say we delete every funnycrumb post and almost every other post which refers to them. All except maybe one which, even I now have to admit it seems we need. If people really do need to talk about this, and it seems we do, then we ought to be able to.

Hit notacrumboffunniness where it hurts. Delete the indirect consequences of his/her actions as well.
 #15 
Old 2002-03-13, 00:44
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

quote:
Originally posted by Wintermute:


Intelligent people usually find me quite polite and nice..




And I was just about to say that Winter has never been anything but polite to me...
 #16 
Old 2002-03-13, 01:10
neverright neverright is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

When I first arrived she was extremely rude to me and I am reasonably intelligent.

Whatever, I'm not bitchin'. Just think some of the blokes around here lose a bit of perspective sometimes where it comes to the chicks.

She's a bitch. You gotta love her.
 #17 
Old 2002-03-13, 02:05
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

yeah, but did you say something dumb?
 #18 
Old 2002-03-13, 02:08
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

the real issue is that everyone posts stupid shit, even wintermute. and we are all assholes sometimes. get over it if someone is a prick, its the damn totse bbs, not your life (i hope.)
 #19 
Old 2002-03-13, 03:00
neverright neverright is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

No. Not that i don't. Um...Maybe...

Whatever, it's done, I'm over it.
 #20 
Old 2002-03-13, 20:19
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

Wintermute went to Oxford, junglist. What everyone needs to do is drop this 'here we are now, entertain us' attitutde. The more and more I post the more clear that &TOTSE is filled with people with borderline antisocial and narcissistic personality traits.

Current GAF is 35.
 #21 
Old 2002-03-14, 00:37
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

im not insulting wintermute's intelligence. im saying that even the most intelligent people sometimes post shit that someone else is going to find stupid. its inevitable. im not attacking wintermute. everyone does it, including myself. and we all know that credentials arent always a reflection of the person. i know plenty of intelligent people who have the worst communication skills possible. the fact that &totse attracts the narcissistic and the antisocial is undeniable, but what could one do about that?
 #22 
Old 2002-03-14, 01:50
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

I went to oxford? News to me.. if I was gonna go to oxbridge (ie if I was a masochist) I'd have gone to cambridge, much nicer town..

Actually I went to KCL

hey, if I post something dumb, feel free to flame me, I don't care..
 #23 
Old 2002-03-15, 00:17
neverright neverright is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

That's probably why you don't get flamed too much. It's more to do with confidence than intelligence. The people who flame are looking for a reaction. If you don't care, they don't bother.
 #24 
Old 2002-03-15, 01:14
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

That or the fact that I don't often say anything dumb..
 #25 
Old 2002-03-15, 01:33
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Sysadmins & Moderators

i make negative comments to ppl because after i read a thread i have a reaction to it and i think it may be helpful to share my opinion, call it criticism, something youre supposed to learn from. you could flame me for that shitty sentence.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics