About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-03-02, 06:18
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

My mother in law is getting married on St Patrick's day, and I'm stumped.. I found a few things that aren't bad gifts as such, but so far nothing wonderful..
 #2 
Old 2002-03-02, 06:31
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

Shamrock-shaped vibrator.
 #3 
Old 2002-03-02, 06:36
g0Anis g0Anis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

Naw, get here some green lingerie :-P
 #4 
Old 2002-03-02, 06:37
g0Anis g0Anis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

HAPPY 200TH POST......TO ME!
 #5 
Old 2002-03-02, 06:52
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

green beer
 #6 
Old 2002-03-02, 07:18
Templeton Templeton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

a little red haired midget with a pot o' gold
 #7 
Old 2002-03-02, 10:28
-_-OsiriS-_- -_-OsiriS-_- is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

Damn't the vibrator was my idea
 #8 
Old 2002-03-03, 00:04
Zero the Inestimable Zero the Inestimable is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

Boxing gloves.

~Zero the Inestimable
 #9 
Old 2002-03-03, 01:03
hellis hellis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

Money, lots and lots of money.
 #10 
Old 2002-03-03, 03:27
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

a stripper that looks like a lepracon (sp)
 #11 
Old 2002-03-03, 11:19
Moderator
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

a green fridge ...
 #12 
Old 2002-03-03, 12:52
neverright neverright is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

Cutlery
 #13 
Old 2002-03-03, 15:14
ACER ACER is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

Money,one size fits all and everyone loves the color...
 #14 
Old 2002-03-03, 18:49
MoRt MoRt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

I wud say gift vouchers, but I HATE gift vouchers.

Wat's the point? A gift voucher, you can only spend in a certain amount of shops, but if you have the money, you can spend it anywhere!

Anyway, I'm going off on one again...

Mute, are they already living together? If not, then they'll be needing household shit, (Cutlery, Dishes, Pans, Microwave)... get her a Bremmel (sp?) Toastie Maker.

I love toastie makers. They make toasties. Toasties are sexy.

If not, where are they going on holiday? If it's abroad, then it mite b a nice idea to get them a bottle of champers, and some of the currency they'll be spending.

Running outta ideas... mebbe back l8a

---------------
bYe ByE bAbY...
---------------
 #15 
Old 2002-03-03, 22:47
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

They already have everything, remember, this is my mother in law, ie she's been around a while..

They have money.. They have stuff, I want something stylish and somewhat sentimental..

 #16 
Old 2002-03-04, 01:15
TOWCHBob TOWCHBob is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

get her a stylish sentimental .
 #17 
Old 2002-03-04, 05:19
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

What do you get a woman who has everything?

Heroin. Next year she'll have nothing.
 #18 
Old 2002-03-04, 09:06
Moderator
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy McBang:
Shamrock-shaped vibrator.



how do you know she�s got one?
 #19 
Old 2002-03-04, 15:20
neverright neverright is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

I'm stumped. I can't think of anything. I'd be inclined to get a card and owe a present.
But
Pictures and nice frames are always good for sentimental value. You know a meaningful picture of their relationship. Something profound(almost) and yet subtle, even innocuous. Getting hold of the right picture can be hard but you seem resourceful and you are family.
Good Luck
 #20 
Old 2002-03-04, 15:49
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

I've almost decided to go with a couple things, firstly this lil St. Patricks day thing, a set with soil and shamrock seeds.. (for luck sorta thing)..

And then I found these http://architectstouch.site.yahoo.net/talpairholgi.html

Which I think are nice and symbolic too.. but I still think vases are sorta lame..

ugh, I used up all my good ideas for them at Christmas...
 #21 
Old 2002-03-04, 18:36
MoRt MoRt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

ermm... my mum's a spiritualist; mediums, seances, healing, aromatherapy and all that shit. I got her a bonsai tree for christmas, & she fucking loved it.

Try for something unusual... bonsai trees are good if she likes gardening/plants. I got a back to front clock for crimbo last year, the hands go round anti-clockwise... I love it!

What about a sculpture, or a portrait?

---------------
bYe ByE bAbY...
---------------
 #22 
Old 2002-03-05, 20:21
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

Hmm.. vases..

Pro: Almost really looks like the yin and yang that they're talking about. Maybe.

Con: It's an actual object to give as a gift when the only proper thing to give someone on their wedding day is a good crack with a hammer.
 #23 
Old 2002-03-05, 20:29
Templeton Templeton is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Any good ideas for wedding gifts?

quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy McBang:
...the only proper thing to give someone on their wedding day is a good crack with a hammer.


I agree.

 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics