|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
register |
bbs |
search |
rss |
faq |
about
|
 |
 |
meet up |
add to del.icio.us |
digg it
|
 |
 |
| Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread. |
 |
|
#1
 2002-02-23, 07:57
|
anarchist550 
Regular
|
|
|
|
censorship
OK here goes i personaly think that the idea of censorship is a load of crap and I am not sayin this like most teenagers do (just so thay can get away whith cusing and see porn) but i truly beleav that cencorship is taking away from not only education but depriving society and leaving people in the dark for no more reson than some fag decided that one day the public does not need to hear a word or see a picture for whatever reson. It is leaving people in the dark becaus we cant see or here things not only in class but also in society from day to day it is taking things that are human nature and not leting us see it or hear or think it is oppresing people in genral and not only that now if your 18 than you can here or see this side of society that you never knew existed and for most people that is bad I also look at it this way you are only seeing somthing that you will see some day anyways. OK now the reson for that long list uptop is to give you my opinion. Now my question is what are your opinions on censorship do you like it or not. Pleas give me your truthfull opinions whene answering this question and remember this is your opinion.
|
|
#2
 2002-02-23, 11:53
|
anarchy476 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
Can anyone say "Phonics Game?"  Depends, how far does the idea of censorship go? Are you talking about realeasing the bonds and barries completely, loosing forth all forms of censorship, or are we just talking about breaking some bonds, loosening others, and leaving some in tact?
|
|
#3
 2002-02-23, 20:19
|
syphon detonator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
i agree censorship is oppresive. we should do away with all censorship and rely on good judgement instead. obviously there shouldnt be hardcore porn on nickelodeon or the disney channel and thats what good judgement should determine. showing things in the media should never be illegal or controlled by any government group. however everything shouldnt be show on television because of good judgement. its quite simple just eliminate censorship and replace it with judgement or dont bother with the media. no one is making you read the paper, watch the news, and listen to the radio. the ultimate responsibility should be placed on the individual/parents. censorship would never be eliminated becasue it helps corrupt governments keep people under controll. you can only expect more censorship in the U.S. especialy after sept 11.
|
|
#4
 2002-02-23, 20:52
|
Jadedfool 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
There's a difference between self-censorship and tact.
If we could all just get along it wouldn't be a problem, but I very much doubt that any of you really want a full flow of information every which way. As long as the world works the way it does, we need to have secrets.
As for the more general media driven censorship. Well, it really isn't, if you think about it. They decide what They put out on Their equipment when They want to. I very much doubt any of you have had you're houses broken into, your writings stolen, your books burned, your art destroyed, by government stormtroopers.
Granted, you can't say certain things in certain places, but that doesn't quite constitute full fledged censorship, you'd be surprised how generally intolerant of censorship our courts are....
[This message has been edited by Jadedfool (edited 02-25-2002).]
|
|
#5
 2002-02-23, 22:05
|
Z4m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
You meant to use the possesive Their in place of the contraction of "They are" in They're.
|
|
#6
 2002-02-23, 22:45
|
|
Regular
|
|
Brussels, Belgium
|
|
Re: censorship
I am generally against any form of censorship, but I think this kind of bad syntax and orthography needs to be eliminated.
|
|
#7
 2002-02-23, 23:06
|
hellis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
There is one exception, however, that is child pornography. This is one form of censorship that I agree with whole heartedly. Any form of media that exsploits the vunerable and weak should always be censored regardless. Other forms of censorship on the other hand should be left up to the individule. If someone doesnt agree witha program, image , or text then look away and dont go on a crusade to stamp out that particular form of subject matter.
|
|
#8
 2002-02-23, 23:36
|
Wintermute 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
What if the child porn is non-exploitative?
|
|
#9
 2002-02-24, 01:58
|
Z4m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
My syntax is outstanding, fucker.
|
|
#10
 2002-02-24, 02:46
|
hellis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
quote: Originally posted by Wintermute: What if the child porn is non-exploitative?
All child porn is extremely exploitive, getting little kids to pose naked in movies or stills is sick. The perverted bastards who practice this should be casterated. If my kid were forced to do this I would kill the fucker (literally).
|
|
#11
 2002-02-24, 03:35
|
Wintermute 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
What if the child wasn't forced or coerced in any way?
|
|
#12
 2002-02-24, 04:10
|
hellis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
quote: Originally posted by Wintermute: What if the child wasn't forced or coerced in any way?
Yeah right; as if a kid would want to "participate" having sex with another kid , or worse an adult in front of a camera. I cant believe someone would actually defend this subject. This is one of the sickest crimes ever. Basically viewers would see children being raped.
|
|
#13
 2002-02-24, 04:14
|
Z4m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
Hellis, you basic presumption that no child would ever do anything like that is wrong. Kids make lots of mistakes based on ignorance. Among other factors.
Another form of pornography you could consider is vouyeristic so the subject doesn't even realize they are being violated. That isn't a child porno problem, but a matter of personal privacy.
|
|
#14
 2002-02-24, 04:39
|
hellis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
You are right kids make mistakes, the only mistake they made in this subject is trusting the fuck who "seduced" them into doing the act on film. They are not the ones who are doing thing that are wrong, its the adult that is "asking" the child to do it that is doing the wrong thing. The child is innocent. Vouyeristic pornography? Are you saying that as long as the child is unaware that makes it okay? So its okay to go spy on little kids as long as they dont know it is happening, to take candid photographs of kids taking their clothes off, maybe even setting up a hidden camera in a school lockerroom. I do not think so! Kiddy porn is the sexual abuse of children period.
[This message has been edited by hellis (edited 02-24-2002).]
|
|
#15
 2002-02-24, 05:40
|
Z4m 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
I'm not discussing anything with you until you calm yourself down, sonny.
|
|
#16
 2002-02-24, 06:51
|
syphon detonator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
say for example a girl is sixteen and can fully comprhend what she is doing, is it still wrong? it is certainly still considered child pornography but by no means exploitive. there are those grey areas and exception to the rule. personaly i think its sick to exploit a child but if the individual knows what he or she is doing then who are you to tell them cannot pose nude? this is where the good judgement and respect comes into play. if good judgement was used then the child pornography which exploits children would never be made. you cannot condemn and entire group or activity based on the situation of some individuals.
|
|
#17
 2002-02-24, 12:54
|
Wintermute 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
Z and syphon basically just illustrated the point I was trying to make..
Just think back for a second to how you were when you were a child as defined by the law in this case.. Children are sexual beings just as much as adults are, probably more so, given that the hangups we acquire as children and retain into adulthood aren't fully developed yet..
Adults exploiting children for their sexual pleasure is wrong, yes, I'm not saying that it isn't..
and since it's 7ish AM and I'm being an insomniac again I'm not really sure what exactly I am saying, except maybe an exhortation to think for yourselves, that children and sex are not JUST the sick subject that the media claims they are.. If we didn't give our children fear of nakedness, sex, and things like that, maybe things would be different..
|
|
#18
 2002-02-25, 00:44
|
anarchist550 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
I agree whith you whole hartedly on the subject of good judjement and personaly I think that hellis doseneed to calm down. The average age for a girl to lose her virginity (willingly) is 11 and guys its only 13. To make this sound a little bit better I am only 17 and I would be in a porn flick and i know people that are like 14 that are willing to go into porn
|
|
#19
 2002-02-25, 00:56
|
Rat_Bastard 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
11???? that does not sound right......
|
|
#20
 2002-02-25, 01:30
|
MoRt 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
I think we're a little off the topic here... Anyway, I think most censorship is wrong. However, I don't really want my little brothers to be able to go into a shop and buy a porn mag.
Lets take it to the extremes... on one hand, you've got a totally chaotic world, such as Robocop, Johnny Mnemonic, 2000 AD, or The Crow. You can get anything for the right price, and there are no morals, or moral guardians. Society is in ruins, (this may or may not be a bad thing), and people have little or no protection from governing bodies.
On the other hand, you've got a dystopian world, run by a totalitarian government, as seen in George Orwells' '1984', or Margaret Atwoods' 'The Handmaids' Tale'. Rules are strictly enforced, you live in constant fear, and are bombarded with propoganda until you start to believe it. The only escape is death.
I'm sure u'll agree, neither of those examples are very appealing.
So censorship may be outraging to ppl at the moment, and I have to say that the bureaucracy & political correctness of my government & of europe really piss me off, but if you think about it, things could be a lot worse.
We've just got to make sure that things stay in the middle, and prevent them from moving to either of the extremes.
--------------- bYe ByE bAbY... ---------------
|
|
#21
 2002-02-25, 01:44
|
hellis 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
I see I need to explain my self. I am all for sex education and training kids not tobe afraid of being naked or sex itself. I am against child pornography. That is getting little boys and girls fried on some type of chemical, stripping them down and having them preform sexual acts for the enjoyment not for themselves, but for the pedophile bastards that enjoy viewing this material, and wishing they had a child to molest just as they are watching it happen. Did you know that people who view this are on the final step before actually looking for victims. I am also not against the portrayal of kids nude for art or even naturalists.Although I personally do not subscibe to this "healthy" nakedness I see nothing wrong with it as long as it is that; art. I dont consider this as pornography. Pornography by its very nature is exploitive, most people I know buy porn so they have something to masterbate to when there isnt another "outlet". Is it okay for an adult to sit at home jerking off to the pictures of little boys and girls having sex with themselves or each other or an adult? I would hope people would say no. Would you want your kids to partake in this form of "entertainment", having their pictures displayed in an underground magazine or on the internet so all the perverts can check them out, wishing they had their hands on them. Having them take weird drugs (ones you probably wouldnt take) to get them horny and having sex with them on film. Kids that are abused to the point that they dont care what they do, or what is done to them? If thats the case then those individules do not deserve to be parents.
[This message has been edited by hellis (edited 02-25-2002).]
|
|
#22
 2002-02-25, 02:01
|
anarchist550 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
I see your point but in europe things are a little bit diferant in the U.S. we may have more of certain fredoms than most of Europe but we have censorship trying to take that away. In the constitution the first amendement the very one that so many people fought and died for states that citesens of the U.S. have fredome of speach&religion and this cuontry was estableshed on the thought of freedome of religion and speach but we are not aloud to speek of religeon (of any kind) in the classroom or in almost any public place. Do you not see that as an enfringment on our rights as citesens. Even if you dont I do and so do 90% of the people that live in the united states. And by freedome of religeon I mean any religion whethor or not it involves christianity or god or whatever so we have been oppresed for longer than you think. If you actualy look at it the salem witch trials,satanic religions,the cult,even mormons none of theas are acceped in the united states and there are even laws against them so infact thay are oppresing us whith censorship in america. you are not even aloud to say the word "crap"in most schools. Nudity on television is strictly forbiden thay donot even allow a women in a thong to walk away from the camera it is censored out.
I in no way ment to piss you off by coparing countrys.
|
|
#23
 2002-02-25, 04:39
|
syphon detonator 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
in the us we are allowed to talk about god in public schools but teachers are not allowed to teach relgion beyond a purely informative standpoint. the seperation of church and state stops religion from being taught in public schools.
|
|
#24
 2002-02-25, 12:03
|
MoRt 
Regular
|
|
|
|
Re: censorship
I totally agree with that. 90% of the best schools over here are Christian schools. Little children are indoctrinated from an early age. I wane to two primary schools, and they both had a christian ethos.
It's really freaky to grow up believing in something, not because it makes sense to you, or because you have faith, but because people told you to believe in it, until you did.
I didn't cross myself one day when we had finished saying the lord's prayer in assembly, and I got sent to the head's office, and got threatened with a detention.
Not exactly serious, I know, but I hope you get my point. I now go to a Catholic school, and believe me, I detest christianity.
I have an extremely unfavourable view of religion in general, really.
We live in a society where it is impossible to please everyone. When there are still ppl like me around, who would react rather badly to seeing the national front/kkk/nazi youth marching down the street, then censorship will still be a reality.
Face it, some censorship is fucking ridiculous. However, some of it is very sensible, and therefore needed.
P.S - I said in my last post that the politicians in europe piss me off, such as us having to convert to metric. How fucking stupid is it that I cannot legally buy a pound of bananas?
Did you know that europe have just introduced guidelines for a STANDARD EUROPEAN SAUSAGE?! Apparently, our british sausages have too much fat in them for europes' tastes, so that have decided to censor what I can eat!
--------------- bYe ByE bAbY... ---------------
|
|
#25
 2002-02-25, 13:04
|
|
|
Re: censorship
quote: Originally posted by anarchist550: we may have more of certain fredoms than most of Europe but we have censorship trying to take that away.
I in no way ment to piss you off by coparing countrys.
by someone with your education? Nah, never, you just make people from Europe like me laugh a lot. *is hit by a whip to row faster*
|
|
 |
 |
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.

totse.com certificate signatures
|
 |
 |
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|