About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-02-21, 09:39
God81 God81 is offline
Regular
 
Default Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

Yeah, I thank all of you who gave me some good ideas to decorate my apartment....

Now who all can help me out with some good ass quotes from movies, books, TV, hell anything.....

Now these quotes can be funny, morbid, or anything just as long as they're all around cool.....

Especially anything from the Simpsons....


I think I'm gonna plaster em all over the walls of my crib.....
 #2 
Old 2002-02-21, 10:13
Alex Jacobson Alex Jacobson is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck that which is planted; a time to kill, and and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance.
(3 : 1-4)Book of ecclesiastes

A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise councels: to understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
(1 : 5-6)Book of proverbs

Though I speak with the toungs of men and of angles, and have a no charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have faith, so that I could remove the mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
(1 :13: 1-2)Book of corinthians
 #3 
Old 2002-02-21, 10:17
Alex Jacobson Alex Jacobson is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

I know that you probley already know most of these quotes but I typed em out just for you God the father of men but not of me so fuck off.
 #4 
Old 2002-02-21, 10:21
magician magician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

Am I missing something ?

Where did the translations come from ? The first 2 are Ancient Hebrew in the original... and the translation I remember was a little different. (Shrug).
 #5 
Old 2002-02-21, 19:43
mcfryed mcfryed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

"hard work pays of in the long run but laziness pays off now"

"dammit man tell me about the fucking golf shoes"
 #6 
Old 2002-02-21, 19:48
Regular
 
Brussels, Belgium
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

Varium et mutabile semper femina.
 #7 
Old 2002-02-21, 20:39
God81 God81 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

now does anyone know the book and verse of the quote that jules uses from pulp fiction??
 #8 
Old 2002-02-21, 21:47
Z4m Z4m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

"If the ambitious only knew it is as difficult to become incapable as it is to become great." - A.O.Spare
 #9 
Old 2002-02-22, 00:01
Deviant Deviant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

God81, in Pulp Fiction, he says "Ezekiel 25:17, the path of the rightous man..." The last line he says is actually Ezekiel 25:17.

"And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I [am] the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."
-Ezekiel 25:17
 #10 
Old 2002-02-22, 00:12
cummmy cummmy is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

Fuck me?, no fuck you!
 #11 
Old 2002-02-22, 02:19
unstable247 unstable247 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

ok im sick of you quote junkies and your dot dot dots! dammit, it gets so annoying, yeah it makes it seem like youre not finished and somehow you feel that it makes it more profound, but stop it! its lost all meaning! cant you see?! just say the damn thing.
 #12 
Old 2002-02-22, 05:40
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

There's a 'Z4m'? fucking christ why? fucking why
 #13 
Old 2002-02-22, 05:47
Slyck Slyck is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

I decorated my dorm room once the same way.

I had

"There's no place like home after all the other places close" - Anonymous

"Abandon all hope yee who enter here"(had that over the door going out into the rest of the world)

"Beer, the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems" - Homer Simpson

"We're on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

"Wit is educated insolence" - Aristotle

"Do you ever look up inot the sky and wonder if there is intelligent life out there. Or are they just like us" - Anonymous
 #14 
Old 2002-02-22, 06:17
muffin_man muffin_man is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

"too much month at the end of the money"

"lather, rinse, repeat... always repeat."

"i dont believe in beatles, i just believe in me"

"there is no spoon"

"meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow..."

"four whores and seven beers ago"
 #15 
Old 2002-02-22, 06:22
ChaoticPeaceful ChaoticPeaceful is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

Check out www.coolsig.com for some great sigs and such. Its not original but oh well. "I used to like political jokes until so many of them got elected."
 #16 
Old 2002-02-22, 07:24
tHeRoBoT_HaTeR tHeRoBoT_HaTeR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

It may not be a quote, but it's the best damn acronym know to man:

MILF

Good golly, that one should be plastered on everyone's walls
 #17 
Old 2002-02-22, 08:01
Z4m Z4m is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

quote:
Originally posted by Lokil:
There's a 'Z4m'? fucking christ why? fucking why


Shhhh. I'm ignoring you.
 #18 
Old 2002-02-22, 10:02
Sol463 Sol463 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

"The best proof that there are extra terrestial intelligences in the universe is that everybody is silent."
-Arthur C. Clarke
 #19 
Old 2002-02-22, 15:03
groundcontrol groundcontrol is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

"Lead us not into temptation, just tell us where it is and we'll find it ourselves."
 #20 
Old 2002-02-22, 17:37
BiteMeProbation BiteMeProbation is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
-Some key chain I saw at the Quicky Mart.
 #21 
Old 2002-02-22, 17:42
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

~I know high people in places~

Dank.
 #22 
Old 2002-02-22, 18:13
t0ne t0ne is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

I seen this on some dudes 1/2 ton truck...

"If you don't like logging, use plastic toilet paper"
 #23 
Old 2002-02-22, 18:47
mcfryed mcfryed is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

"i read playboy for the articles, but i read high times for the pictures"
 #24 
Old 2002-02-22, 18:56
groundcontrol groundcontrol is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

My dad used to have two stickers on his truck that said this: "Dont come knocking when the trucks a' rockin" and "Dont laugh it may be your daughter."
 #25 
Old 2002-02-22, 19:28
SAR SAR is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Now on to some cool ass quotes.....

"Procrastination is like masturbation. It's fun while you're doing it, but in the end, you realize you're just screwing yourself."
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics