About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-02-07, 03:51
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Tragic Events in Your Musical History's Humble Opinion

Could be anything, doesn't need to be widely accepted.....


Could be the day so and so was born
or
the day you found out Foreigner sucked in concert and "double vision" was all studio-mixed and couldn't be done live
or
the moment you heard that SRV was dead
or
how one of your favorite bands finally came to town and played only suckass new shit and none of your favorites.......
This is inspired by the sad day thread btw...
 #2 
Old 2002-02-07, 04:16
Mack Mack is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tragic Events in Your Musical History's Humble Opinion

Bah nothing to comment, from what I remeber from old hard rock\heavy metal bands, they all played their stuff well live. What I find sad, wich is my point of view, so dont jump on me, is this generations music.

Except for the fact the Judas Priests former singer immediatly came back when he realised the band is getting succes.

I still love PAINKILLER

"faster than a bullet
terrefyng scream
enraged and full of anger
hes halfman and half machine"

man this post jump reminded me of Judas Priest, Ill have a listen rtight away hehe.


 #3 
Old 2002-02-07, 04:19
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tragic Events in Your Musical History's Humble Opinion

The day Jerry died.
 #4 
Old 2002-02-07, 08:16
Moderator
 
Default Re: Tragic Events in Your Musical History's Humble Opinion

the Ramones ... Sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeffffh

*takes a handkerchief*

Damn, I thought that I�m over it.
 #5 
Old 2002-02-07, 21:57
syphon detonator syphon detonator is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tragic Events in Your Musical History's Humble Opinion

when the pumpkins broke up
 #6 
Old 2002-02-07, 22:01
Canyonero Canyonero is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tragic Events in Your Musical History's Humble Opinion

i was at the pumpkins concert at the spectrum in philly on the last night they played before jimmy got canned and the other guy od'd, one of the best shows i've evr seen.

shouldn't this be in the rock and roll forum??
 #7 
Old 2002-02-07, 22:46
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Tragic Events in Your Musical History's Humble Opinion

When I found out that the Monkees didn't play their own instuments...


Seriously, I agree with Dank, but add: Jim Morrison, John Bonham, Keith Moon.

But, at the top, I'd say, hands down, that the most tragic event was the assassination of John Lennon. May MDC rot in hell.

[This message has been edited by Metaphysicist (edited 02-07-2002).]
 #8 
Old 2002-02-07, 23:25
hellis hellis is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tragic Events in Your Musical History's Humble Opinion

The death of John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Bon Scott and the day Dio joined Black Sabbath.
 #9 
Old 2002-02-08, 09:31
Regular
 
Default Re: Tragic Events in Your Musical History's Humble Opinion

D.R. Goettel's death (I miss Skinny Puppy, not that I'm old enough to remember them), and the rise of rap.
 #10 
Old 2002-02-08, 10:30
neville122333 neville122333 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tragic Events in Your Musical History's Humble Opinion

Naaaa can't say there's something her 4 me either, but I'l morn wid u guys anyway.

*Starts involenarilly crying*

The pumpkins were so goo ood wern't t t they!!!!!

*Runs out of the room in anxiety and grief*
 #11 
Old 2002-02-08, 20:40
Regular
 
Default Re: Tragic Events in Your Musical History's Humble Opinion

Oh, and MTV. And all the members of DK except Jello becoming corporate bitches.
 #12 
Old 2002-02-08, 20:46
Deviant Deviant is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tragic Events in Your Musical History's Humble Opinion

Craftian, I never met anyone else who listened to Skinny Puppy. Woah!
 #13 
Old 2002-02-08, 21:34
junglist junglist is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tragic Events in Your Musical History's Humble Opinion

9/29-9/30 2000 when we were in vegas and trey told us that phish was gonna take a break and not tour. just about everyone around me was close to tears.

and what dank said.
 #14 
Old 2002-02-08, 21:47
Super Moderator
 
Sebastopol CA
Default Re: Tragic Events in Your Musical History's Humble Opinion

quote:
Originally posted by Deviant:
Craftian, I never met anyone else who listened to Skinny Puppy. Woah!


Well, I might be an old fart, but you can add me to that list. The drummer in our band introduced them to me back in 92.


[And, yes, I liked Flipper, too.]

 #15 
Old 2002-02-11, 01:17
neon neon is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tragic Events in Your Musical History's Humble Opinion

The day the Stones released their gazillionth 1980's style glam rock album. *sniff*
 #16 
Old 2002-02-11, 13:03
winki winki is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Tragic Events in Your Musical History's Humble Opinion

Yeah, the new stuff, what I've heard at least, by the guy from Judas Priest is pretty good....
When the radio guy announced that SRV had died, I was driving delivery and I just pulled over to the side of the road and sat there..
When van halen put out more albumns, #1 was like discovering some new religion for a 14yr. old. None of the follow ups even came close. There were a few good songs, but imho, they could've just stopped after #1.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics