About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2002-01-31, 15:26
amjphd amjphd is offline
Regular
 
Default Stranger Passing Through

I was recalling a poem a friend of mine bastardized years ago and wanting to pass it on to another friend this morning. As I was working to remember it I realized that I was a bit uncertain of a line or two. It occurred to be that it might have found its way on to the net along the way, so I searched and that got me to totse.

So, I just have a sort of boneheaded question. The poem is
The Geatlat Prayer

I do my laundry, and you do yours.
I am not in this world to listen to your ceaseless yammering,
And you are not in this world for any discernable reason at all.
You are you, and I am I, and I got the better deal.
And if by chance we find each other, it will be unspeakably tedious.
Fuck off.

I think a guy I knew in the 60s and 70s named Bob Gumpertz wrote it. I can't tell who posted it. So, if the poster would contact me, I'd be beholden to you.

Thanks

Michael
 #2 
Old 2002-02-01, 20:04
quandary quandary is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Stranger Passing Through

ok....?
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics