About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-09-12, 03:13
paranoiak paranoiak is offline
Regular
 
Default GO HERE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/nostradamus/part6/

YOU MUST ALL GO THERE NOW

Coincidence? I THINK NOT
 #2 
Old 2001-09-12, 03:39
Bellicose Bellicose is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GO HERE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats pretty scary shit
 #3 
Old 2001-09-12, 04:05
d sturbed 1 d sturbed 1 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GO HERE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy fuck. i hope thats all just a bunch of bullshit. probably not though, most of those things have happened before.
 #4 
Old 2001-09-12, 04:22
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GO HERE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like nostradamus was ever that specific, or even that easy to understand.. The dude had trouble sticking to the same language for 4 lines, I really doubt he was the direct line to the future ya'll think he was.. If you've ever actually READ any of his quatrains, you'd know that they're about as open to interpretation as to make them completely illegible and pointless, and by many accounts some events he describe have come about 3 or 4 times already.. Get a grip..
 #5 
Old 2001-09-12, 06:06
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: GO HERE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the hell did I check out that link...

Sometimes, i just let myself down...
 #6 
Old 2001-09-12, 06:41
bekgirl bekgirl is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GO HERE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That wasn't really needed to check out..

Janny

------------------
They say I'm beat and rambling trying to put me down, but i take it and embrace it, and make it my own.
 #7 
Old 2001-09-12, 07:12
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GO HERE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats someones Inturpritation (Spellcheck)of what Naustrodaumus meant.

But whats interesting is While he lived in the 1600s he gave specific dates and Latitude Langitudes of New York City and California some 400 years ago when America was just being settled by Pilgrams. New York City wasnt even purchased by the indians yet. It wasnt even known about when Naustradaumus was alive. Yet he has exact cordinance. So its pretty scarey shit.
 #8 
Old 2001-09-12, 09:16
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GO HERE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First clue should be the bacteriological warfare.. ol' Nost might've been able to give coordinates to a future city, but I doubt he was using a word like that..
 #9 
Old 2001-09-12, 14:03
Moderator
 
Default Re: GO HERE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, you�re a real paranoiak.
But when I searched for some pages with the original text of Nostradamus� I found this page:
(german text)http://nostredamus.tripod.com/blackpages/Stunde.htm
The author was asked by the MAD (military counter-intelligence) to delete his links to his interpretations at the end of july ...
Kind of wierd, isn�t it?
 #10 
Old 2001-09-12, 14:32
Wintermute Wintermute is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GO HERE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Point me to the exact point where it says the coordinates of NY.. the original text..

Trust me, I've read a lot of what nostradamus spouted.. There's little-no certainty in what he wrote..

According to various people, he said the end of the world would be around 1985..

A lot of the time when numbers are involved, he stated them in a roundabout way, so they could mean various different numbers..
 #11 
Old 2001-09-12, 15:54
The Unforgiven Sin The Unforgiven Sin is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GO HERE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well damn
 #12 
Old 2001-09-12, 17:45
The_Famicommie The_Famicommie is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GO HERE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit it's some pretty scary shit, until I realize that terms like bacteriological and nuclear warfare couldn't have possibly existed in his life time. Not even in the absolute loosest translation.

Every time an event that even comes close to big struts around the corner some loony insists that it's the end of the world. Suicide cults when comets pass by, the Cuban missle crisis, y2k...

The fact of the matter is that we've survived throughout all of this, I'm pretty sure that the WTC incident is no exception. Some say that because some of Nostradamus's prophecies came true the rest must be true to. It seems to me if you keep an age old text like that around long enough most of the things it foretells are bound to happen anyway. You know guys n gals, the Mayan calendar ends in the year 2012. I'm assuming that means either the calendar writer died or it's going to be the end of the world again. <yawn>

[This message has been edited by The_Famicommie (edited 09-12-2001).]
 #13 
Old 2001-09-12, 17:50
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GO HERE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy McBang:
First clue should be the bacteriological warfare.. ol' Nost might've been able to give coordinates to a future city, but I doubt he was using a word like that..



Did you know the feds and the new york fire department feared biological material may be on board the plane. so they put on special suits. be scarey if people in New York start getting sick from Anthrax.
 #14 
Old 2001-09-12, 17:55
White Witch White Witch is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: GO HERE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Wintermute:
Point me to the exact point where it says the coordinates of NY.. the original text..

Trust me, I've read a lot of what nostradamus spouted.. There's little-no certainty in what he wrote..

According to various people, he said the end of the world would be around 1985..

A lot of the time when numbers are involved, he stated them in a roundabout way, so they could mean various different numbers..




Im not going by this text. Im going by the English Translation of his Quads. I read it back in the 1980s. There is in fact latidude and longitudes which pinpoint California as the area that will suffer the Great Quake. and New York city as a place of War. I remember some TV show on it too. and it was 1989 that the first war would start. But it also said that the Wars could be averted.

But it also said a great War would happen between 2 super powers in 1999. And that the 2 nations would become friends. Well.. i would have to look at the Bombings in Yugoslavia for that one. I mean i think that was a lot more serioud then people took it. Many russian cabinet members wanted to declare war against the USA.

and I believe the greatest war was to start in 2006 or something like that. I have to reread it to be sure.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics