About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-07-13, 07:19
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Anonymously Famous

I have always wanted to be the BART Lady. The lady whose voice comes over the subway and tells you what train is coming in 5 minutes. The lady whose voice you have imbedded in your brain and the voice you think of every time you think of BART, but if you saw me on the street you wouldn't know who I was for the life of you. And every time I went into the BART station I would hear my voice and see everyone, unsuspectingly, scurrying around me to their jobs and their wives and whatnot, and I could just stand there and relish in the fact that I had accomplished becoming anonymously famous.

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2001-07-13, 13:35
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anonymously Famous

Personally I think fame would be nothing if it didn't get you laid. But to each their own.
 #3 
Old 2001-07-13, 15:45
magician magician is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anonymously Famous

lol, Lost doesn't need fame for that.

I think the point is not so much to be famouse so much as to be contributing and "being out there". Making a difference in society, and keeping the wheels turning... with out being a poletician or police or fire person or something.
 #4 
Old 2001-07-13, 23:48
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Anonymously Famous

Exactly. I just want my piece of the Life Pie and I'm happy with that and just keeping the wheels of society turning in my own, little, greatly unimportant way.

Cheers,
Lost
 #5 
Old 2001-07-14, 08:18
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anonymously Famous

Hang on a second... you DON'T want groupies???

*tries to understand*

*head implodes*
 #6 
Old 2001-07-14, 08:31
UnclNastyFingerz UnclNastyFingerz is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Anonymously Famous

Fame is probably my biggest fear. The fact that people don't acknowledge my existence makes me happy. How the fuck could I be famous? Hehe.
 #7 
Old 2001-07-14, 23:53
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Anonymously Famous

I'm not afraid of fame. It's just that there are somethings I like to just be for me. A lot of people think I'm secretive, but I'm really not. It's just that sometimes, I just want something that's only for me; and if you get famous you're always under a microscope.

Cheers,
Lost
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics