About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-07-08, 22:28
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Do Not Get Offended

I'm Jewish, but I'm considered white. And I unless I see you I tend to imagine you're white, just because I automatically put a picture in my brain of what you all look like. May be that's just me. But, when I read your posts I automatically get a picture in my head of what I think you look like, and all of you (with a few exceptions) are white.

But, suddenly, I had a flash of logical thought this evening and it occured to me that there are a ton of totsiers and they can't all be white.

So, just out of curiosity, what ethnicity IS everyone?

Cheers,
Lost
 #2 
Old 2001-07-08, 22:32
Diluted Diluted is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

Human.
 #3 
Old 2001-07-08, 22:45
WoodyWoodpecker WoodyWoodpecker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

Hey lost, Im white but im curious did you imagine me as white or black or what.
 #4 
Old 2001-07-08, 22:54
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

quote:
On this web site you are expected to make decisions all by yourself. You get to decide who and what to agree with, and why. You get to hear new viewpoints that you may have never heard before. On this web site people exist without age, without skin color, without gender, without clothes, without nationality, without any of the visual cues we usually use to discredit or ignore people who are unlike ourselves.All of these things are stripped away and the ideas themselves are laid bare.


I am offended.

 #5 
Old 2001-07-08, 22:54
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

I pictured you as white with red hair. I guess it was the woody the wood pecky thing.

I always thought Diluted was white with dark hair. Like black hair.

Cheers,
Lost
 #6 
Old 2001-07-08, 22:57
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

I'm not basing anything on race. I'm just wondering, because I can't help have preconceptions in my head and I'm only curious. If you don't want to tell me I could really care less, I'm just curious, and I guess I'm just not as uptight and politically correct as you, Bongman.

Forgive me.

Cheers,
Lost
 #7 
Old 2001-07-08, 23:30
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

What Im saying is that one of the reasons this BBS was created was so that ideas and opinions could be exchanged without fear of being put down for what they looked like.

Asking everyone about their appearance defeats the purpose.
 #8 
Old 2001-07-08, 23:55
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

You have a point. And if those are your principals, go ahead. Don't tell me. I don't NEED to know. I was just curious.

Cheers,
Lost
 #9 
Old 2001-07-09, 00:05
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

Im sorry, Im wrong. It would be perfect if we could all post our pictures and be able to see past image but we all know this is the last place freedom, justice and equality is to be found.

French
Irish
Welsh
English
Scottish
German
Native Canadien

And a multitude of others to distant to mention.

Bongman
 #10 
Old 2001-07-09, 01:09
MoRt MoRt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

I am not at all offended, but I am rather curious, because I have experienced the same problem. Before I tell you what colour (etc) I am, I would like to know what you think of me... What kind of person do you think I am?? Colour? Hair? Personality?

---------------
bYe ByE bAbY...
---------------
 #11 
Old 2001-07-09, 01:39
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

Well, Mort, you actually remind me of this kid I used to know in elementary school. So, I picture a white guy, with dark brown hair in a fluffy bowl cut, and a goofy smile.

Then I think of Mork and Mindy and I think of Robin Williams.

Somewhere in between that.

Other than that. I don't have many thoughts about you. I don't think I know you as well as a lot of the other totse members.

Cheers,
Lost
 #12 
Old 2001-07-09, 01:41
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

Godsmack is coming to West Palm Beach, Lost, are you going?
 #13 
Old 2001-07-09, 02:05
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

I'm fucking poor. I can't afford to go to concerts. If I had the money, though, I'd go in a fucking heartbeat.

Having no money pisses me off.

I'm guessing you're going, Lokil.

Cheers,
Lost
 #14 
Old 2001-07-09, 02:08
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

Lost, give me a while (month or two), I'll help you out.

No, they aren't going to be in town...
 #15 
Old 2001-07-09, 02:36
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

O, I thought you were going to come down here to see them.

How are you going to help me out? Hehehe. Hey, why don't you e-mail me? You never send me any e-mail.

Cheers,
Lost
 #16 
Old 2001-07-09, 06:23
dankgirl420 dankgirl420 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

I agree with bongman...

You're right bong, enigma said it best, didn't he?
 #17 
Old 2001-07-09, 09:24
Diluted Diluted is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

*in very sac religious voice*
"Yes, my friends -" *lights incense* - "Our Enigma one has said it the best."

*all drop heads, hold hands, and chant*
"Totse...Totse...Totse.."
 #18 
Old 2001-07-09, 10:29
MoRt MoRt is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

Well, you're right apart from the goofy smile and bowl cut...

My friends say I look like Richard Fish (from Ally McBeale)... I'm not sure how to take that though...

---------------
bYe ByE bAbY...
---------------

[This message has been edited by MoRt (edited 07-09-2001).]
 #19 
Old 2001-07-09, 10:33
Alan Smithee Alan Smithee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

totse...totse...totse...ugh

mostly irish.
 #20 
Old 2001-07-09, 11:35
nihilistic nihilistic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

a black mans cock
a german philos's brain
genetics of a tongan

okay i dont have a german phol's brain or the genetics of a togan.

lol

olive, skin, brown eyes, and black hair.

-----------------------
totally nihilistic

 #21 
Old 2001-07-09, 11:35
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

I'm mostly English and Irish with a little Maori.
 #22 
Old 2001-07-09, 13:52
zao9 zao9 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

white
 #23 
Old 2001-07-09, 13:53
sykotic2001 sykotic2001 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

im 1/16 maori, and the rest pakeha
 #24 
Old 2001-07-09, 15:02
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

Oi, according to some guy in my family who's renowned for talking absolute bullshit I'm descended from a Maori princess.

I doubt that 'royal' part somehow.
 #25 
Old 2001-07-09, 22:10
freakangel freakangel is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: Do Not Get Offended

i am white.
i have brown -ever changing of color- hair
and greenbrown eyes

------------------
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics