About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-06-23, 01:54
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

Totse is a place for those with open minds, so come, learn, and share experiences and knolledge. I've been coming to Totse for - actually - several years now and I've known quite a few of you for a while now. Some of you have actually been here since I first came, and were here before me.

But, for some reason, just lately, Totse has been beginning to get extremely superficial and it's really kind of making me sad.

A lot of new people have been coming to the website, and though I fully welcome new people and enjoy seeing new people join, a lot of people who have recently joined are gunking this place up, and I think that's why so many of the older totsiers have been leaving.

I mean, no matter how much a lot of you annoy me: White Witch, Nihil, Trippy (a.k.a Little Dick J/K), anyone, I still have a lot of respect for you guys. You've been around a long time and you say a lot of great things that I think sometimes people appreciate and other time people don't. I just wanted to put that out there.

But, I could name - off the top of my head - at least two or three newbies who are really bothering, not just me, but a lot of people. I won't name any names, but you know who you are... probably. And, I feel like we've been infiltrated by an army of conformists. It just doesn't feel safe any more. Especially since that Tim McViegh character showed up. Whether he's real or not, it just feels like all of a sudden all these closed minded people have been bombarding this place with brainwashing babble and going into meaningfull threads and flaming people who don't deserve it. Saying that it's not to be taking seriously.

Well, I think Totse should be taken seriously. I actually care about some of the people here, and even if I don't particularily like you (I like most of you) I don't want to see any of you guys leave, other than these few newbies. And moreover - I don't want to see you guys getting flamed anymore when you write down meaningfull posts, and even if you just write down funny blurbs.

I do that sometimes. But, there is really a line between sharing humour and being rude.

A while ago, Jaded posted a thread asking why we respond to posts that are obviously just there to flame and cause rampid postings. Sorry, Nihil, but you do that a lot so I'm using you as an example. (Not that a lot of your posts aren't great) But, when Nihil posts one of those flame threads - really - why do you guys feel the need to flame back?

I'm just tired of seeing Totse go down the tube. I don't want any more of you to leave.

Cheers,
Lost

[This message has been edited by LostCause (edited 06-23-2001).]
 #2 
Old 2001-06-23, 02:15
nihilistic nihilistic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

hmmm

it would of been a bit helpfull if any example you gave could of been spacific.

well as long as we are using me, that every one seems to think drives people mad and makes them leave.

why dont people admit the real reasons why they either leave,or PROVOKE ME TO FLAME instead of excusses......

do you think i dont see any of you for what you are.

hmmm, i guess when i am provoked if i do some thing about it i am in the wrong, huh

hmmm, so i should let people ruin my oppertunity to put forward info for awareness for PEOPLE TO JUDGE FOR THEM SELFS

and um let them try and affend me.

okay, what ever you think,

so umm yeah,i made every one leave, on purpose,

yeah thats it, and i randomley flame and threaten people that take away my right to express my opinion, i am not equal

you guys are above me and make me feel like i am below you right.

okay i get now.

fuck you all.
---------------------------
totally nihilistic
 #3 
Old 2001-06-23, 02:33
zao9 zao9 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

am i one if those people o ye slpwalker in bltc is a real asshole and woody woodpecker is a pretty big asshole
 #4 
Old 2001-06-23, 03:00
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

No, zao. I actually really like you. You're posts are always kind of cute.

And Nihil, I wasn't saying that you purposely drove them all away. I wasn't even saying that it was you that drove them away. In fact, I don't think it was YOU at all! I think it was all these crummy newbies. Excluding zao, because I personally like him. I think he kicks ass for a 13 year old.

Cheers,
Lost
 #5 
Old 2001-06-23, 03:15
nihilistic nihilistic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

you know, its cool, its okay, you guys can blame me, i dont care.

take aload off, its okay, I CAN TAKE IT.

I AM STRONG.

if you guys need to unload some stress off burn some steam , its cool, i am here.

even if the community wants me to go, and those guys would stay

its okay, i have been by my self my whole life. i AM ALONE and feel nothing

hehe, no one needs to care about me,

its really , okay, if i go, will all you guys stay???. please???

truly, please?

i dont mind.

hey, dont be so hard on your selfs,

 #6 
Old 2001-06-23, 04:18
JoNKoRn JoNKoRn is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

sorry to hear that lost...
it was a good way to put things though....
i feel bad now...
 #7 
Old 2001-06-23, 04:19
XFILES ADDICT XFILES ADDICT is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

You can't expect a board like this to be taken seriously , although I know where you are coming from , I had hope for the same thing when i first joined , instead this board is filled with juvieille , twits who insist on flaming and calling names and being rude in general , IE NILHISTIC who , seems to think he is being cool , but who in fact is a sad excuse for a person , sorry here i go again , good luck in finding intelligent life out there or finding a board where you can have meaningful discussions.


People like that can only rant and rave piss and moan , but the reality is that in 20 years from now they will be no further along than they are now , so why care , they CANNOT hack it in the real world you see , but you definately have my sympathies , my friend
 #8 
Old 2001-06-23, 04:31
nihilistic nihilistic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

in tweenty years time i will still be weight training, and playing an active role for the demise of the GREED CONTROLL.

you dont know fucking any thing about me, lamb,

hey, if thats the steam you need to get off,
go ahead,man, hey if thats your way of banging heads.

cool, any one else?, its okay forget the top part of my post.

hey, lay it all on me, it okay.

all yours

 #9 
Old 2001-06-23, 04:56
XFILES ADDICT XFILES ADDICT is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

please explain greed control , i really wanna know
 #10 
Old 2001-06-23, 07:00
Trippy_McGee Trippy_McGee is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

Fuck you lost, I'd just stepped out of a cold shower.
 #11 
Old 2001-06-23, 07:29
DoPesTeR-DaZe DoPesTeR-DaZe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

Exactly which newbies are you talking about lost?

It's not fair to say that really, i mean there are a lot of people that have been here for a long here that rarely say anything of interest or indeed anything at all!

 #12 
Old 2001-06-23, 07:32
Regular
 
Downey California
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

That's because they are disillusioned
 #13 
Old 2001-06-23, 11:38
WoodyWoodpecker WoodyWoodpecker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

Lostcause you are right man in many respects.

I know im one of the people you care not to name but i feel the need to express myself in this situation.

Okay lets go

I came on to totse a while back because i feel i have a certain amount of knoledge and i think knoledge is to be shared.

I have respect for peoples opinions and the thing i dont like is when a newcomer comes on to totse and asks for help on even a simple matter, then the moderators or other people will start flameing him/her. That annoys me because no matter how clever we may be we all have to start somewhere dont we. Even programmers who work for NASA have to start somewhere. So when a newcomer comes on to the scene and asks a simple question, what maybe a simple question or a simple matter to us just might be hard for some other people.

Instead of receiving help they get abuse or gets flamed which defeats the whole purpose of totse. Totse was created by Enigma for people like us to share knoledge and exchange ideas etc etc.

Now i have said this before and il say it again.

In one of Nihils earlier postings when he had only been on a few weeks he put a posting up and because it had 1 spelling mistake, people started to flame him so i was annoyed with that. This was an injustice and i do not like an injustice being made, it bugs me.

So anyway people started on me and flamed me saying i was licking his ass and saying other stuff which i wont mention or go into detail here but that was the facilitator which started me abusing them and it seemed to escalate from there.

I have been in a forum where i have been involved in abusing people but thats because they have started it and what seems to happen is that other people want to join in the "fun" so to speak. I dont know if certain people get off by abuse maybe they do.

Iv made a good friend on these forums and that is Nihil and im pleased that i did because he sent me some info a while back which was brilliant and a very good read it was posted in the "Info which will incite chaos" and he sends me links to sites which normally i would never have found or been able to gain access to.
In Nihils info posting people were being abusive and trying to flame him but its their loss because they did not get the chance to read the info.

If any newcomer or if anyone is asking for help and i can offer them assistance then i will. I would rather help someone out than be abusive to them but thats the way i am.

Anyway enuff said
 #14 
Old 2001-06-23, 11:41
WoodyWoodpecker WoodyWoodpecker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

quote:
Originally posted by zao9:
am i one if those people o ye slpwalker in bltc is a real asshole and woody woodpecker is a pretty big asshole



At least im not a brain dead dosile bastard like you.
 #15 
Old 2001-06-23, 16:54
zao9 zao9 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

nive flame woody that hurt

------------------
you should learn to listen to the rantings of the crazy
 #16 
Old 2001-06-23, 17:30
Kameron Kameron is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

quote:
Originally posted by WoodyWoodpecker:
I came on to totse a while back because i feel i have a certain amount of knoledge and i think knoledge is to be shared.


Where did you share knowledge? The links to the threads will do fine. You see I've never seen you share any knoledge but I may be hampered in this respect cause I don't know what it is.

I am aware that I'm not that great at spelling but their is a spell checker and I do use it if I'm doing a long post.

quote:
Originally posted by WoodyWoodpecker:
I have respect for peoples opinions and the thing i don't like is when a newcomer comes on to totse and asks for help on even a simple matter, then the moderators or other people will start flameing him/her.


I'm sorry but if it's so simple then I'll explain how to use a search engine. If it is how do I break in to an AOL account or some ones hotmail then they do need to be told about their stupidity. On top of this a feel a little insulted but you posting this b/c I'm can look in the H&S forum and see I give more real advice than you, who have a primary role of flaming the flamers. Your no better than them.

quote:
Originally posted by WoodyWoodpecker:
That annoys me because no matter how clever we may be we all have to start somewhere dont we. Even programmers who work for NASA have to start somewhere.


That place is their own intelligence, the will to fiddle with problems and not the misguided idea that they can post to a forum and get a step by step walk thru of what they are trying to do. More over the walk thru depends on so many things about their system and set up so no walk thru exists.

Some misguided people think they are a hacker when they have downloaded sub7 and installed on their friend computer and they aren't untill they have understood the story of mel and have read The Art of Computer Programing and the GEB. That is where people start, with books and fiddling about on the system, right down to the level of finding out how to control the colour of your DOS prompt.

quote:
Originally posted by WoodyWoodpecker:
In one of Nihils earlier postings when he had only been on a few weeks he put a posting up and because it had 1 spelling mistake, people started to flame him so i was annoyed with that. This was an injustice and i do not like an injustice being made, it bugs me.


Nilo set out to irritate a lot of people and it really got to some people. The difference between nilo and woody is that generally some where in the noise of nilo posts their is a point of view or an idea that has been thought thru. His way of life and views don't appeal to me but I can see them. With woody his arguments are built on sand, they have no substance and when they fall down he makes up for it by turning up the noise.

quote:
Originally posted by WoodyWoodpecker:
I have been in a forum where i have been involved in abusing people but thats because they have started it and what seems to happen is that other people want to join in the "fun" so to speak. I dont know if certain people get off by abuse maybe they do.


Which is the not my fault clause. "I didn't start it" BOLLOCKS. Take zao9 as an example he didn't feel the need to say it wasn't his fault he just said why some people make him shout.

Nilo posts his c&p jobs and so far I've not seen a really useful one and his regular claims that he has broken into such and such great pay site. I really don't care if he payed to get in or got the password from any on the hundreds of places on the web which list userid and pw pairs or deep links into the pay sites. The stuff he posts is not impressive, its widely available material and it gets him no kudos here.


------------------
~Kameron
Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)
 #17 
Old 2001-06-23, 18:52
Jadedfool Jadedfool is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

When this BBS started getting going, It was really purely a forum for intellectual discourse, mainly masturbation, but at least it had something behind it. People posted because they wanted to, not because they wanted to gain X amount of posts in order to create some sort of hierarchal ranking system. Now for some reason everything has started divide in to status, there's actual factions in terms of the different forums, petty people having petty fights with other petty people because, for some reason,they don't have enough problems and issues in their own lives. The whole point of a bulletin board is not to recreate a real life social community, that's not what it is. It may emulate it at times, but in the end, it's only as real as you become involved in it. And although you can be attached to the board, and enjoy the other peoples conversation and company, but ultimately, you have to realize that intense emotional involvement and anger is really sort of misplaced. Theres nothing to be angry at.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely detached, but I think everyone needs to step back and get some perspective. And, once again, if you didn't give the kidiots the time of day, they wouldn't find it so utterly amusing to come here and harass people. It's totally within your power to change it, so you might as well do so...

[This message has been edited by Jadedfool (edited 06-23-2001).]
 #18 
Old 2001-06-23, 19:37
WoodyWoodpecker WoodyWoodpecker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

Well thought out Kam

When I said i have knoledge to share, I did not imply that I was far more knoledgable than you or anyone in particular.

Obviously you will know things that I dont and chances is I will know things that you dont and if I can be of assistance to anyone, then I will if I can.

When someone comes on and asks for advice which for example useing a search engine which to the likes of me and you is a simple matter, to certain individuals, this is not the case. Some people are clueless and as I said, everyone has to start somewhere. Fair enough some people think they are a super kewl hacker coz they downloaded BO2K or some txt file on hacking phreaking whatever or they beeen on hackers.com

It is stupid for some people to come on and say "How do I hack into Nat West bank or hack into this or that" when they could so easily break the question down into various components such as "How can I find out what OS servers are useing or where can I find a decent port scanner"

I have given advice to people in other forums on the odd occasion and thats only if no one else has or I give the advice which in my own judgement I thought to be correct.

Regarding abuse : Yes I can be abusive and yes I will stand up when I think an injustice is being made just as when Nihil came onto totse I thought his postings were very well thought out and I also happen to think on his level and I agree with what he has to say and just because he was flamed, then because I agreed with him, I got flamed to. This must be the mentality of most totsiers and there is nothing I can do about that.


Jadedfool you are right in what you say, for example when an argument breaks out then if it was ignored then it would go away just as quickly as when it started but iv realized that some people seem to enjoy it by joining in when it had nothing to do with them in the first place.
 #19 
Old 2001-06-23, 21:13
Bongman Bongman is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

*ties himself to Jaded's jeg*
 #20 
Old 2001-06-23, 23:32
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

People are STILL flaming each other, in this thread - right after they say how much they hate it! C'mon, guys? Jaded is right. When did this become a hierarchy?

I think Nihil says a lot of interesting things when no one is looking. The only times any of you seem to notice is when he posts those silly flame threads.

I'm glad so many of you responded seriously, and I think it was Dopester who asked, so, Dopester: It's not JUST the newbies. But, they've been around a long time and Totse didn't used to be like this, so I'm guessing it's not primarily their fault. Plus, a lot of the newbies are getting on everyones nerves. No. I'm not naming names. It's not all of them, though.

I think it's great that new people are coming to totse, but I think some of them are incredibly lame.

I have really tried to restrain myself from flaming. I admit, I let Witch have it the other day. I think I posted three times, and I think two were in the same thread. But, at least I had a point and wasn't just saying: hey Witch, you suck. I mean, and I don't hate Witch. If I did my emotions would be misplaced, as Jaded said. I think Witch comes out with great stuff sometimes and I was just momentarily pissed. The only other totsier who has managed to really piss me off is that kraelon, kid. I wasn't going to name names, but NAME.

Also, Evil kind of bugged me with the "I only care about my posts" thing and then he asked me if I wanted to cyber. I know it was a joke, but it was lame and sort of degrading in a way. But, really, I think I've done a good job at ignoring the people when they get into that kind of crap.

Anyways, I'm just glad everyone responded semi-positively. I was afraid I was going to get flamed!

Cheers,
Lost
 #21 
Old 2001-06-24, 02:30
nihilistic nihilistic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

well done lost casue, you have got a good head on ya shoulders, hopefully one day we could be good friends with out the stigma of every one of my female friends wanting to eventually get down my pance-and some times vica versa. hmmm

okay i just need to say about kam,

i do see you my little side effect.

sorry, no sodomy and flames,

but you are jealous of me,

i can tell,

some one spent countless mounths trying to prove me and my points wrong, and look what happened to him(sch bch) HE WAS proven wrong and humiliated, now if you want to spend your whole time here, with this bitterness and envy of me(which i have no need for populatrity,it is the black metal way)

then i suggest we dont waste each others and every one elses time, and either settle it phisically,(the reason for me saying this to others was to get it out of the way)

or for you to worry about your gothic image make up, and your life style,an move on

as you are wrong, when it comes to me, and it i have no desire for you to waste my, time

i dont waste peoplez time, with info or ANYTHING, the info you dont think is usefull, YOU ARE THE the only transexual, sorry goth that said so,(sex stuff i presume) and you didnt get the point of why i posted that, becasue as lost cause says, you miss what i say mostley,

, i linger in the shadows,
difference, is you dress for the occasion(goth)

i have it in my mind(black metal terroist)

i dont wish to get in your head, and fuck with you, but if you contiinue to draw my ATTENSION to your self, it will result, and i can penitrate you mind, and i can destroy it,

i dont suggest you judge woodsy, and as HE SAYS give people a chance, and DONT JOIN IN THE FUN, as JADED SAYS.(every one else all so) but yur opinions count if balanced

and forget about this image thing, i dont want any poularity, so tryen to prove me wrong and earn resect, is like,

USELESS. i am not popular, and i dont want people to look up to me.
and if the people that go have to blame TOSTE ON THE WAY PPL ACT, then they are truley emotional people that havent the nuts for a bbs.

leave toste out of it,

------------------------
totally nihilistic
 #22 
Old 2001-06-24, 02:41
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

I like you, Nihil. Really. I mean, there are things I don't like. You're kind of off the deep end, but hey, I'm clinically insane so who am I to judge? Anyways, I really think you kick ass.

Cheers,
Lost

[This message has been edited by LostCause (edited 06-24-2001).]
 #23 
Old 2001-06-24, 02:45
XFILES ADDICT XFILES ADDICT is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

Lost cause how can you be so delusional , it must be a female thing sheesh
 #24 
Old 2001-06-24, 02:54
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

Suck my dick, X Files.

J/K!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not delusional. I think Nihil writes some interesting things, but no one notices because half is cool and the other half is senseless.

Cheers,
Lost
 #25 
Old 2001-06-24, 09:13
DoPesTeR-DaZe DoPesTeR-DaZe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

Yeah nihil you actually do say some good things but you ruin them by flaming and rambling so much...youve kinda got this "piss in the water you drink from" thing going on!

Lost i know what your saying but hey, without the idiots making stupid posts totse would get a bit monotonous dont you think?
((also you kinda lost yourself with that not naming names thing did ya hehehe))

I agree with what woody said about newbies getting flamed when they ask a simple question, i mean theres no point to it the people obviously just want information and i dont see any problem with that!

Anyways, i havent been here for that long but i think from when i started looking at posts several months ago totse hasnt gone to badly downhill its still a great site with lots of information and interesting people...
What will make it go bad is if all the interesting people suddenly leave like they are planning to, that would b a shame and a waste of all the time people have put into this site...

\\ //
( )

------------------
r3M|_4[]D|\|4yR
 #26 
Old 2001-06-24, 16:00
WoodyWoodpecker WoodyWoodpecker is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

This thread has obviously turned into a constructive conversation without the need to resort to idiosyncracies and verbal retaliations which in many respects is called for at certain periods of time.

I thank you fellow totsiers for agreeing with me on certain points which i think are very valid points of reason.

It is truly amazing that the power of words when expressed in anger (EG:- Abuse) can have such a profound effect on the person they are targeted at that they illicit the expected prescribed response, this is control at the subconscious level and for all intents and purpose, the person on the receiving end of the attack is unaware that they are being wound up and used to satisfy the "lust" for control of the instigator.

This is how some people, most notably politicians, gain power over others by the use of words and they target the emotions of people by offering them a false sense of security.

The most vunerable people in society today are these individuals who join a cult or a religious movement because the person at the top of the heirarchy promises that person the sense of security they are seeking.

Take a look inside any church or any one of the religions throughout the world and you will see powerfull symbols and at the front of the congregation you have a preist/vicar/rabbi or whoever who is promising that whoever "conforms" or beleives in his religion and bows down to his god will have everlasting life etc ..

This is manipulation and a desire for control over the masses.

Religions today such as the catholic church, Muslims even down to David Koresh and the branch davidians all have one thing in common and that is Control. When you have control, you have Power. One thing we all want is power and that is human nature, you cant escape from that fact.
 #27 
Old 2001-06-24, 23:14
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

You should post that in the religion forum, too, because you have a good point with that.

I've seen a lot of threads in the religion forum about how religion is about control. But, it's really not ALL about control. It's what you said. It's rituals that revolve around a power, which creates more controlling rituals as a side effect. After all, where there is power there is control. A religion wouldn't be powerful if it didn't have some control over the masses.

I think you've really got something there.

Cheers,
Lost
 #28 
Old 2001-06-25, 03:00
Kameron Kameron is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

FUCK FUCK FUCK
Did woody just say something constructive and useful? Ohmygod, whatthefuckamigoing2do.
Is this real or have monkeys just broken into woodies computer????????????

I'm with Lost on this one, good going girl, if you can get that out of him, or horror of horrors he can do it by him self then he could just be worth a dam.

Cheers
Lost

------------------
~Kameron
Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)

PS: wr to nil why the fuck would I be jealous of you. I'm jealous of very few things and people half way across the world (better make that all the way) don't enter the picture. I've never much cared what people though only what I thought of my self, comparison is such a poor test even if we fall to it sometimes, but I can say with my hand on my heart that I have never compared my self to any one of any board ever. I can't imagine (call me limited but I prefer realist) how I could be jealous of some one on the net. Unless they were running a Cray or a eight-way Pentium Xeon or, or A TM3120 from Transmeta. But yaknow I'll live with the evil inside............

[This message has been edited by Kameron (edited 06-25-2001).]
 #29 
Old 2001-06-25, 07:47
DoPesTeR-DaZe DoPesTeR-DaZe is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

Religion is about control?
This statement leads to the thought, what came first, the chicken or the proverbial egg?
I dont think religion is so much about control, if people do not want to believe it, they dont...more it is for the people to FEEL controlled, to feel that someone is in charge and taking care of their life...
But this is not so in militant religous countries where they really are controlled and forced into religion, but in the mass of the post contempory world people are looking for a type of guidance and reigion is the easiest thing to come across. Everyone wants to know how and why we were created and religion just tired to answer this........


------------------
r3M|_4[]D|\|4yR
 #30 
Old 2001-06-25, 12:19
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

Hey Kam, before you forget.. since Lost asked why anyone responds to flames, like nihil's, and you just did, why'd you do it?
 #31 
Old 2001-06-25, 20:09
Kameron Kameron is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

To be honest I have no idea why I just rise to the bait and at 3am or what ever it was I really didn't have anything better to do.

It was I bit more than that, I never saw the point in the it's "not true" vein of posts but I did have something to say, namely that I've just spend 4 hours fixing an eight way Pentium Xeon and I was jealous of that thing.
I had something to say, I wouldn't have said unless nil had made me think of it. But fuck it I just came back at nil as an after though with another idea, but thats a lame excuse and I think we could just brush over it and I'll have another go at taking Losts advice.

------------------
~Kameron
Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)
 #32 
Old 2001-06-26, 00:42
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

May be it's low self esteem. May be it's boredom. The world may never know.

And I figure that the egg came first, really, because I can believe a lizard hatched a funky egg one day and it came out a chicken. But, I just don't see a chicken popping up out of nowhere.

Hey! Hey! That's MY signature!

Cheers,
Lost
 #33 
Old 2001-06-26, 18:56
6sweetdreams9 6sweetdreams9 is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

Lost, that was very impressive. I haven't been posting very often lately because I haven't seen the use in it. People usually just end up going off on something other than the topic or just "flaming." I feel that you have been able to bring things together in a way. I have this respect for you because you have been able to stick around through some of the most ignorant posts and continue to try to get people to use their brains when posting. You've always had intersting things to say (along with winki, and yes, nihil, and a few others), and I always read them. It's sad that people feel that they have to leave instead of doing as you have and trying to fix what they feel is wrong. There's nothing wrong with having opinions and there's nothing wrong with expressing them. There's not even anything wrong with disagreeing with someone. But why say that they're stupid for what they think, or something?

Anyway, I just wanted to say that that was really cool how you have made this thread a semi-civil one... one that I feel like posting on. Cheers to you.
 #34 
Old 2001-06-27, 02:07
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

Gee, thanks, Sweet.

I really didn't want to be the one to say it. I thought I was going to get flamed. But, everyone was surprisingly nice about it.

I thought everyone was just going to tell me I was bitching or something and to go away.

I'm glad not everyone has left totse.

:-)


*GROUP HUG*

J/K
Cheers,
Lost
 #35 
Old 2001-06-27, 02:25
GothicTrash GothicTrash is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

Im pretty shure you were talking about me, when you said a few newbies have been pissing you off.......but anyways....

------------------
����䣧����|�������H��VV죣����VꮥVVH����Р�H��VV죣���������駅��VV��렆����H������Ϡ���VV��
 #36 
Old 2001-06-27, 23:16
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: I Hate To Be The One To Say This, But...

Nah. I don't even know you that well yet. But, I found some of your responses to my Torture thread pretty funny. If you pissed me or anyone else off, you probably knew it when you were doing it. So, you would probably know if I was talking about you.

It's mostly the ones who don't see that totse is supposed to be special. It's supposed to be a haven "for intellectuals and paranoids". It's not a place to come with a closed mind and make fun of people who are trying to have serious "conversations" about things that, okay, may be you or I don't believe, but we're putting it out there to see what others think. And some people - especially some newbies - have been coming around and just saying things like "That's stupid". And it ruins the whole basis of what totse is all about!

Cheers,
Lost

[This message has been edited by LostCause (edited 06-27-2001).]
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics