I think that in the wide variety of sections in this expansive forum, it would be good to have a section where programmers could help programmers.
Basically all it would take is just the topic to be created on the main forum page, then it would be up to us to state what the language would be. For example, "Perl - Maintain login state through cookies and HTTP".
This seems like a good idea to me, at least, because it would widely expand this community and help the existing members that already program a certain language, have a problem, and know nowhere else to go.
It is the poster's responsibility to state what language the problem is in and to state clear, well-worded problems with an error message and a little snippet of code.
I do not imagine this topic to be a "where do I find this script that does this..." sort of thing because this could be easily found by a search on your friends google.com, altavista.com, yahoo.com, excite.com, hotwired.com, cnet.com, and go.com.
I am not sure if this has been suggested or even denied before, but it would be nice to add.
Some ideas: Maybe you could make topics for individual languages ie. Perl, PHP, VB, C/C++, Assembly, etc. but the only problem with this would be that it would clobber a lot of space.
Oh well, I am curious to hear your thoughts and if you agree then pressure the leader to make it. Other than that I have looked over the topics list and see no programming specific topic, so if I missed something please tell me.
[BTW]:This is my first post, be gentle

I also noticed the UBB CODE tags (surrounded by brackets, of course).
[This message has been edited by damian (edited 06-05-2001).]