About
Community
Bad Ideas
Drugs
Ego
Erotica
Fringe
Society
Technology
register | bbs | search | rss | faq | about
meet up | add to del.icio.us | digg it
Go Back   Community > General > Spurious Generalities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spurious Generalities This is the general discussion and chat forum. People can discuss just about anything they want to in this area, providing it doesn't fit in one of the other forums and provided that it will bring conversation to the thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 #1 
Old 2001-05-03, 18:45
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default The Decline (1)

Where are all these stupid people from
and how did they get to be so dumb
Bred on purple mountain range
Feed amber waves of grains
To lesser human beings, zero feelings

Blame it on human nature, man's destiny
Blame it on the greediocracy
The fear of God, the fear of change, fear of truth

----

Don't think
Drink your wine
Watch the fire burn
His problems not mine
Just be that model citizen

----

Serotonin's gone she gave up drifted away
Sara fled though process gone
She left her answering machine on
The greeting left spoken sincere
Messages no one will ever hear

10,000 messages a day a million more transmissions lay
Dead victims of the laissez faire 10,000 voices
100 guns, 100 decibels turns to one, one bullet
One empty head now with serotonin gone

----

They'll place a wager on your greed.
A wager on your pride
Why try to beat them when a million others tried

We are the whore.
Intellectually spayed
We are the queer
Dysfunctionally raised

----

Lost the battle lost the war lost the things
Worth living for lost the will to win the fight
One more pill to kill the pain
The going gets tough the tough get debt
Don't pay attention pay the rent our next of kins
Pay for your sins a little faith should keep us safe

----

Save us

----

The human existence is failing
Resistance essential. The future
Written off. The odds are astronomically
Against us only
Moron and genius would fight a
Losing battle against the super
Ego when giving in is so damn comforting

And so we go on with our lives we
Know the truth but prefer lies
Lies are simple. Simple is bliss. Why
Go against tradition when we can
Admit defeat. Live in decline. Be there
Victim of our own design
With status quo built on suspect.
Why would anyone stick out their
Neck fellow member of club
We've got ours. I'd
Like to introduce
You to our host
He's got his and I've
Got mine. Meet
THE DECLINE
 #2 
Old 2001-05-03, 18:59
othium othium is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Decline (1)

I liked it. but it lacks meaning or it could be something I am not seeing.

did you write that?

I have wrote many things like that never thought to put them on totse though. I uesually come up with the best ones when i'm lieing in my bed and i always think, don't worry I'll remeber but I never do. I never write them down because I always think I will remember. my memory tends to be more photographic though. but the pictures are often fuzzy.

------------------
cogito, ergo sum
 #3 
Old 2001-05-03, 19:02
Regular
 
Behind the boat house
Default Re: The Decline (1)

That's very good. I actually read the whole thing.

I guess it is human nature... in a way. Or the Western European nature that America has fallen into.

It started out with noble intent - the purple mountain and fields of grain, but the ignorance and greed has turned this country into a garbage can located somewhere outside the Pentagon.

We are ruled by a media who plans and plots and attacks it's own people, bombarding them with images of false happiness, lives they think that they want to live, and promising things like money that the Federal Reserve uses as bedsheets.

How is anyone supposed to know what's even right and wrong anymore?

Cheers,
Lost
 #4 
Old 2001-05-03, 22:21
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Decline (1)

For the record, this is part of an EP by NOFX. It's called The Decline, which is the name of the only song on the album- 18+ minutes long. I split it up into different parts, and put them into six different forums to stimulate some thought.
 #5 
Old 2001-05-03, 22:55
othium othium is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Decline (1)

any reason for choosing those different forums?

------------------
cogito, ergo sum
 #6 
Old 2001-05-04, 02:11
nihilistic nihilistic is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Decline (1)

hmmm, so spiff, what now, you have read it, taken it in to your awareness, so now its time to take it to the next leval, muso's cant do every thing for us!!!!

great work mate anywayz.
 #7 
Old 2001-05-04, 02:34
Dewtard Dewtard is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Decline (1)

Thats my favorite NOFX cd. I listen to it all the time. The coolest part is that the CD itself is see-thru. You guys should check it out some time.
 #8 
Old 2001-05-04, 02:58
Spiffy McBang Spiffy McBang is offline
Regular
 
Default Re: The Decline (1)

quote:
Originally posted by othium:
any reason for choosing those different forums?


If you read what I posted in those forums (Better Living Through Chemistry, Media, My God..., Politics..., and Weapons and Combat), it should become clear.
 
To the best of our knowledge, the text on this page may be freely reproduced and distributed.
 

totse.com certificate signatures
 
 
About | Community | Bad Ideas | Drugs | Ego | Erotica | Fringe | Society | Technology
Hot Topics